[TO DO] Hopeful To-Do for Dec 8 2015 Release

Threads related to the general organization of the project.

Moderator: Lead Developers

10Kaziem
Lead Developer

[TO DO] Hopeful To-Do for Dec 8 2015 Release

Post by 10Kaziem »

Our next scheduled maintenance release is December 8 2015.

We have a short list of goals that we hope to achieve in time for this release:
  • Have a working travel network for players (Anonytroll)
  • Have the forum guidlines and main sticky threads updated (Gnomey & Kaziem and anyone else)
  • Have TR_Data textures updated (Kaziem)
  • Have a publicity/"help needed" video ready (Kaziem and Ironed Maidens)
  • General bug reporting, fixing, and patching
General progress/discussion of these goals should happen in this thread.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Well, I accidentally the travel network plugin I already had, so I'm starting over from scratch. Whoops.

I'm expecting to get it done next week.
Where no cells exist, dummy cells will be provided (for guild interiors or cities that don't exist yet). Same with NPCs, they will be generic "<city> <travel type>", frex "Baan Malur Guild Guide".
Ragox
Developer

Re: [TO DO] Hopeful To-Do for Dec 8 2015 Release

Post by Ragox »

I wasn't aware of your project Anonytroll, does this include an integration with the Vvardenfell travel network?
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Yes, it is intended to be a concept plugin for a fully integrated mainland/Vvardenfell travel network.

I made a previous topic about this [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=25031]here[/url]. This is supposed to be based on the travel lines on Swiftoak's concept map... which somehow seem to have disappeared from the dropbox link in the linked topic, but it is still [url=http://i.imgur.com/o0fUQAD.png]available here[/url].
I was planning on keeping some boat travel lines to Tel Mora and Tel Vos in, otherwise those would be totally cut off, but other than that I was going to implement the rest (and make an up-to-date map of the travel lines while I'm at it, some of the travel lines in TR aren't in there either).

I know you have a stake in this (I just didn't know you were still active), so if you'd like to do it yourself or have corrections/suggestions, by all means go ahead. We should probably go do that in the other topic, though.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

How bout review and merge all completed quests and interiors for next release. Or at least within the next 2. I think the goal of these frequent releases should be to update with as much content as we have. Also would like to see OE interiors completed soon. No reason tmhose remaining castle claims shouldn't go up even in the midst of a commendable period of rereorganization and remasterplanning.
my opinion.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Anonytroll wrote:I know you have a stake in this (I just didn't know you were still active), so if you'd like to do it yourself or have corrections/suggestions, by all means go ahead.
I was just advocating this a couple times, that's all. So I'm really happy that it'll be done now, I was hoping for this to happen ever since the new direction allowing the alteration of Morrowind cells was announced :)
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Just to be clear, this is basically a list of what we hope and -- I'd say -- might safely expect to have done by the time of the next release. It does not represent our goals for the next release. If anything on the list is not completed by December 8, it will simply not be included.

Everything in the list is something someone has either already been working on anyway, or has expressed interest in working on.

The basic breakdown for releases is that we have the scheduled releases, where the focus is on meeting the deadline as opposed to the amount of progress, and the unscheduled releases or merges of finished content into the TR_Mainland file, (which we might release at the same time as the scheduled releases anyway for convenience), which focus on the amount of progress as opposed to meeting a deadline.
This is specifically to preserve TR's nature as a passion project; I still maintain that trying to make a specific amount of progress by a specific deadline tends to simply lead to a lot of stress and -- often -- sloppier work, which often fails to meet the designated deadline anyway and saps away enthusiasm from contributors. I simply do not think TR is capable of operating that way.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Heads up, there is a first version of the concept travel plugin [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=25031]here[/url]. Time to hammer out corrections/improvements!
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

As a note, the base level of texture updates for TR_Data has been completed and can be seen and discussed in this thread: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24990

Further updates may or may not be done in time for the next maintenance release.
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

I've got another one:

Check out the comments (and help people) on the Nexus release page more than once a month.

TamrielRebuiltTeam last logged in on October 9th? I help where I can but I mean, c'mon.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

First, on behalf of the Lead Developers at TR, thank you for the excellent job you've been doing on Nexus. Both you and Abot, on the Bethesda Forum, have been extremely helpful. We, all, truly appreciate your efforts and excellent answers.
Most of us do pay some attention to Nexus, but not with the TR account - it's sort of used only for official release stuff nowadays and little else. It's not so much neglect as it is inertia.
We are aware that TR has sort of fallen into its own filter bubble and grown lax at keeping up with the various websites due to that same inertia. We do have someone who checks the sites periodically, but recognize the need to establish a more long-term solution.
Right now, the solution we are working towards is to relay questions, reports and comments to this site and then relay the answers back. That way, it is easier for project members to keep track of issues and reply to them. Or, if possible, to simply encourage people to post their comments directly to this site; a link to the Downloads, Testing & Feedback forum, or to the specific threads (TR Public Feedback, TR Bug & Error Reporting), as well as a reminder that one does not need to be registered to the forums to reply to those threads, would not go amiss.
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Gnomey wrote:First, on behalf of the Lead Developers at TR, thank you for the excellent job you've been doing on Nexus. Both you and Abot, on the Bethesda Forum, have been extremely helpful. We, all, truly appreciate your efforts and excellent answers.
Most of us do pay some attention to Nexus, but not with the TR account - it's sort of used only for official release stuff nowadays and little else. It's not so much neglect as it is inertia.
We are aware that TR has sort of fallen into its own filter bubble and grown lax at keeping up with the various websites due to that same inertia. We do have someone who checks the sites periodically, but recognize the need to establish a more long-term solution.
Right now, the solution we are working towards is to relay questions, reports and comments to this site and then relay the answers back. That way, it is easier for project members to keep track of issues and reply to them. Or, if possible, to simply encourage people to post their comments directly to this site; a link to the Downloads, Testing & Feedback forum, or to the specific threads (TR Public Feedback, TR Bug & Error Reporting), as well as a reminder that one does not need to be registered to the forums to reply to those threads, would not go amiss.
Thanks for the thanks :)

Good to hear there're plans afoot. Like it or not it seems that most Nexus people only post there. And it's (probably) the download location where most people get the mod.

Just a little more (and more frequent) presence would be appreciated.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

I got a reply from DarkElfGuy on YouTube about some video footage and some other opportunity.
Hey, terribly sorry for the late reply, I do tend to forget to check these messages a lot. But anyway, good to hear that you guys are finally going to work on the TR YouTube channel, and certainly I'll help out however I can. I can try and get some video footage of the Thirr River Valley, though I had some framerate issues the last time I was in that region (one of the reasons why there hasn't been a Thirr River trailer yet), but anyway I'll grab what video footage I can and upload it to DropBox for you guys to use.
I'm not sure who you'd want to do the interview, but I'd be willing to do it FYI.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

What INTERVIEW?
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

DarkElfGuy does Morrowind modder interviews. He interviewed me once, though I forget when.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

So I got another response from DarkElfGuy this morning.
Apologies for the late reply again, I'll prioritize trailer type clips for now, but again, do you want these clips raw or processed? And/or do you want me to go ahead and edit together a complete trailer?

Ah, alright, that's fine then. We can do the interview whenever you're ready, and then maybe I can setup a thread over there so we can sort of get a regular lineup of TR interviews and keep the public informed on progress and the like. Just let me know when you'd like to do the interview and I can get some questions together. Also, just out of curiosity, what is your screen name on the TR forums?
So should we get raw footage or edited footage? I'd imagine edited , so we can just slap some narration over it. But let me know.