i4-512-Hla

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Rats
Lead Developer

i4-512-Hla

Post by Rats »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-512-Hla (#2785)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_4-8-Hla (#145)
Claimed by: RyanS
Local map: Thirr River Delta
Files: TR_i4-512-Hla_RyanS_1.esp; TR_i4-512-Hla_RyanS_2.esp

---

An ancestral tomb on an island in the Thirr River delta. Note that despite the claim ID which states this'd be a Hlaalu interior the tomb is on land that in the past would've been Indoril.

Location on the TR UESP map (the long island in the center of the delta): http://tamrielrebuilt.uesp.net/trmap/?locx=43360&locy=-142896&zoom=16

Another map of the area: http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/this%20is%20how%20it%20looks_zpsmxp40kjm.png

(ignore the old Group Map coordinates)
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Claiming! A large and abandoned Indoril ancestral tomb.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

And granting.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

This is finished. Moving to review!
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I like the overall feel of the tomb very much with the caved-in bit and the relic of St. Felms. However, this feels a bit too uber for the low level area that Thirr River Valley is supposed to be.

Changes I'd make:
* significantly lower level locks
* link "TR_key_m4-512_triolith" to a door so Detect Key spell can detect it
* "TR_a_m4-512_helm" is too powerful/valuable IMO. I'd reduce the price to a half and either change the enchantment to Cast When Used or lower the Frost Shield and Fortify Endurance effects (maybe 20 pts and 10 pts, respectively)
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I would be happy to make changes to the majority of the tomb, if there are any notable issues before that locked metal door. I guess I'll scan the place and check out the locks, loot, etc. However I put an effort into making the areas before the heavy locked door low-level, so I don't think I'll find much.

Anyways, I locked that door at 100 just so new players would not be able get through the last part of the tomb. Instead they'd have to improve their skills and come back at a later point. I made sure that they already had enough to explore before they reached that part of the tomb. Also, I made that key so hard to find for one reason: there needs to be a big challenge to get to the high-level reward that you pointed out. So it's not like any low-level players will be getting their hands on it, unless they are cheaters or somehow end up getting very lucky.

If you and others still aren't convinced about some of this, I'll go ahead and fix the issues you pointed out. For consistency I'll likely attach that key to a chest or door anyways. However, I personally believe that overall it is a fine tomb for low-level players to explore.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

It's great to see that someone else is adding interesting unique loot into their claims :)

Fortify Endurance is really weak since it does not affect the amount of health you gain when you level up, so 15 pts will only provide you with the secondary effect of 15 pts extra maximum Fatigue and no health at all. 40 pts Frost Shield is a rather high amount but still fine IMO, Frost damage is not very common, so the resistance is not that important (hell, Nords get 100 pts naturally), but 40 pts do damage surrounding enemies for 4 pts of Frost Damage per second.

Value doesn't really matter in Morrowind since you can't sell stuff anywhere for the full price, you can only buy many items from the trader in exchange and 11.000 is not that much anyways.

Therefore I think it's completely fine. The 100 pts lock will keep low level PCs out of the area sufficiently enough, as RyanS has pointed out.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I've attached a new file with a few small changes, as followed:

- The triolith key can now unlock several chests in the final chamber of the tomb.
- A chest in one of the storage rooms has had its lock level lowered from 45 to 15.

I didn't lower any lock levels on doors as none exceeded 25, excluding the metal door. The loot before the locked chamber seems alright to Ragox and I, due to it being so hard to get to, so nothing there was changed. I kept everything else the same. If there are still objections with how the tomb has been built, I'll get to fixing the issues if several people have agreed they must be fixed.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Clean- Yes.
Northmarker- Present, adjusted to match exterior.
Lighting- Good

Floaters:
barrel_01_ashyams
bonemold_chuzei_helm
chest_tomb_large01
in_velothi_platform_01
light_sconce00_128
pick_journeyman_01
pick_master
T_Com_Brush_01
T_Com_FireplaceBroom_01
T_De_SetInd_Drum_02
T_IngMine_Alexandrite_01
T_IngMine_Amethyst_01
wooden staff of war

Other:
Scaled in_v_l_int_column_01 refs in lower room up by 0.01 to prevent flickering.
Scaled down T_De_Furn_RugHanging_03 to fit the edges of the crate closer.

Uploaded file to the new site.