TR Bug & Error Reporting

WIP Downloads, Help forum, Bugtesting and Feedback.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Gnomey
Lead Developer

TR Bug & Error Reporting

Post by Gnomey »

This thread is for reporting any bugs or errors you discover while exploring TR content. General feedback goes in the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=329405#329405]TR Public Feedback[/url] thread.

When reporting errors, we generally prefer if you use Morrowind's BetaComment function:[spoiler]To enable this function, simply open up Morrowind.ini and find the line:

Code: Select all

Beta Comment File=
Change this to:

Beta Comment File=BetaComment.txt
You can name it anything you want, as long as it has the proper extension

Then when you see an error, open up the console, click on the object (you should see its ID in the title bar), and type:

bc "This is wrong"
or something similar.
A log will be created stating the time, your windows username, the place, exact position, cell, and your comment. Please edit out your username for obvious reasons, but leave the rest. So your comment should look like this:

TR_Preview.esp 8/9/2015 (19:42) ex_redoran_building_01 Kogotel (-26,-3) -207347 -22401 1943 "this is nice, don't redo"
[/spoiler]Bug reports will be colour coded for our convenience, but we can take care of that on our end. The colours we will use are:

TR_Data
TR_Mainland
TR_Preview
Other/Unsorted
Fixed

If you're looking at specific files such as section files or unmerged interiors, it's generally better to report the errors in the applicable threads. (eg. in the section forums or interior claims respectively). However, when in doubt, post those here as well, and we can always move them ourselves.

Old threads:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17918]TR_Data Error Reporting[/url]
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23355]TR_Mainland Scripts/Quests/NPC Error reporting[/url]
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23356]TR_Mainland Dialogue Error reporting[/url]
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21125]TR_Mainland World Error reporting[/url]
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24249]TR alpha Error Reporting[/url]
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Fixed v1510
TR_Data Bugs

These were reported by RyanS
-TR_w_glass_ssword_uni is missing some textures.

-All TR_a_daedric_lords armor pieces are missing meshes besides the boots.

-TR_a_steel_helmet_05 is missing textures.
The glass sword and helmet appear to have some kind of problem in the .dds texture files. I'll have to see what is going on there.

All the TR_a_daedric_Lords pieces - my fix for these appears not to have been done.

I'll fix these in the next update.
Last edited by Seneca37 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Fixed v1510
TR_Mainland
Book Blasphemous Revenants is bleeding into the wall in Nassudan.

Post by Guest »

TR_Preview

Just a head's up as well, the rug 'tr_furn_com_rug_r07', the very first rug on the ground you see in The Mother Alessia in OE is flickering really badly.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Fixed v15.12
Also, those last 2 posts were from me...noooo idea you could post without being logged in for this thread...

...No kids for you :)
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

Seneca told me to post this here:

So a person named Deathbliss made a compiliation of all the official Bethesda Plugins originally. that's all of them wrapped up into one plugin. It was uploaded to nexus here http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/3882/?

I've patched the ESP it contains to fix a couple of issues. One issue is related to TR and the other is just....well there.

* the Seige of Firemoth mod made uneccessary edits to the ocean floor. While not a huge issue with the vanilla game, it is a problem with TR. specifically cell -15, -8. What I did was delete excess ocean floor that the mod really doesn't need.

*Adamantium Helm of Tohan has a Daedric ruin that has some daedric claws floating in the air without a tower attached to them. Rather than wasting time looking for a matching tower, I just deleted them.

That's all the edits I've done for now. Hope they're useful and here's the ESP:

https://www.mediafire.com/?j48p6cgjfm7voib

Just overwrite the one that comes with the one from nexus with this one.
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

Fixed v15.12
TR_Data Bugs
TR_Data.esm 15.10

some activators used in TR_Preview.esp are missing .wav files

[MISSING] Sound ID:"TR_imperial_bell_distant" <TR/fx/TR_imperialbell_dist.wav>
[MISSING] Sound ID:"TR_imperial_wind01" <TR/fx/TR_imperial_wnd01.wav>
[MISSING] Sound ID:"TR_imperial_wind02" <TR/fx/TR_imperial_wnd02.wav>
[MISSING] Sound ID:"TR_imperial_wind03" <TR/fx/TR_imperial_wnd03.wav>
[MISSING] Sound ID:"TR_imperial_wind04" <TR/fx/TR_imperial_wnd04.wav>

Post by Guest »

Fixed v15.12
abot wrote:TR_Data.esm 15.10

I was getting that error too, did you make sure to overwrite the old .BSA with the new one and re-reg? That took care of the issue for me on load, but when in OE I still get an error that pops up about the actual activation of the bell sounds missing.
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

sound folder is out of bsa
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

TR_Preview

Been playing a bit around Roa Dyr, and found that the amount of lights is way too high. Reducing this could easily keep the 'magical' feeling they give, and increase performance a lot.

Additionally, the doorjamb under the gateway is too low for at least a Dunmer to properly walk under. It needs to be either raised or the floor lowered.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Yeah, Roa Dyr is unfinished and there are several kinks to be worked out.

People have commented on there being too many lights, though, and it seems there's a general consensus on cutting down on them.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Fixed v15.12
TR_Data Bugs
abot wrote:TR_Data.esm 15.10
Sorry, I missed that these needed to be added to the Sound directory. They WILL be in the next release.
Last edited by Seneca37 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

TR_Preview

Emmurbalpitu 1,-22
  • A giant rock (TR_terr_TRV_mtpeak03) is clipping inside the place

Post by Guest »

Fixed v15.12
TR_Mainland

In Sailen, at the Toiling Guar Inn:

The innkeeper, Erer Savil seems to be missing the 'beds' dialogue option. If you ask him about 'Services', he specifically mentions that he's the person to talk to in order to rent a room.

Post by Guest »

Fixed v15.12
TR_Mainland

Sailen, at Golveso Darys: Pawnbroker.

The sign outside says that he's an Outfitter, but he's actually a Pawnbroker.
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

TR_Preview

There's an NPC in Almas thirr's bazaar that's supposed to be a weapons trader. Unfortunately, he can't sell you any of his wares because his wares are owned by someone that isn't even a merchant.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

TR_Preview

FWIW, the interior for the Fighter's Guild in Old Ebonheart has a multitude of flickering issues on the walls that are not apparent up close, but as you move further away it gets very bad. I can stream the issue so you guys can see what I mean if need be.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

TR_Data

The Ebony Katana has an icon issue where there is a sphere kind of floating around the image of the weapon. There's also a few other meshes that have visible white borders around the icon image, a few books come to mind. Also, the Goya drink needs to either have the icon remade or the texture darkened, as the texture was changed but the icon wasn't, so the icon is visibly darker than the actual item in-game.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Ironed Maidens wrote:TR_Data

The Ebony Katana has an icon issue where there is a sphere kind of floating around the image of the weapon. There's also a few other meshes that have visible white borders around the icon image, a few books come to mind. Also, the Goya drink needs to either have the icon remade or the texture darkened, as the texture was changed but the icon wasn't, so the icon is visibly darker than the actual item in-game.
I looked at the Ebony Katana Icon but don't see the problem.
Could you show a screen shot?
These issues will get addressed in the next release (in 2016)
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

http://imgur.com/a/tBT3a

Bottom left and upper right corners of the icon. In the last icon if you look just above where the tip of the cursor is, you'll see what I mean.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

I see it. Make a list of each of these icons that have a graphical issue and post it in this thread.
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

TR_mainland (I think)

Not really a bug persay but Dillitan Ebony Mine lacks ownership for everything inside. Including Ebony Ore Deposits. With Telvanni guards around, you'd think people would care for you stealing stuff but evidently, these crates and deposits don't have an owner assigned.
RifleAvenger

Post by RifleAvenger »

Hi, logged in to report a possible bug. When I first teleported to Firewatch's Mages Guild from the Vivec hub guide, Gandaman was nowhere to be found. Entering and exiting the guild did not make him reappear.

The problem could be solved by reloading a save prior to teleporting to the Firewatch guild. Normally there doesn't seem to be an issue, Gandaman appears normally. However, by repeatedly teleporting from the pre-Firewatch save I found the problem again very rarely. I'm not computer or mod savvy, so I don't know the actual cause, but I'm guessing that on the times he vanishes, Gandaman fell through the floor or something.
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

RifleAvenger wrote:Hi, logged in to report a possible bug. When I first teleported to Firewatch's Mages Guild from the Vivec hub guide, Gandaman was nowhere to be found. Entering and exiting the guild did not make him reappear.

The problem could be solved by reloading a save prior to teleporting to the Firewatch guild. Normally there doesn't seem to be an issue, Gandaman appears normally. However, by repeatedly teleporting from the pre-Firewatch save I found the problem again very rarely. I'm not computer or mod savvy, so I don't know the actual cause, but I'm guessing that on the times he vanishes, Gandaman fell through the floor or something.
If it happens again try entering "Ra" into the console. This resets actors/NPC's to their starting positions in the current cell. (if they're from said cell anyway)

If that doesn't work, there's another console command you can enter but I forget what it's called. Perhaps someone here knows.
abot
TR Tester

TR_MAinland.esm 15.12 Error Check Results

Post by abot »

TR_Mainland 15.12

if you try the Dialog "Error Check Results" button (don't save after clicking as the check messes with global vars values), after ignoring standard Tribunal/Bloodmoon issues there may still be plenty to investigate
[spoiler]
Expression Error: SYNTAX in Dialogue CompileAndRun.
Set expression returned an error.
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "join the East Empire Company"
"Well, then I'll send a messenger to Solstheim, but it'll take some days to get their response. Until then you could do us a favor: Erville wants this cost estimate to be delivered and our usual messenger will be engaged otherwise. It seems that you will have to step in."

Script Dialogue CompileAndRun
Syntax Error Line 2.
Could not find variable "waitForAnswer".
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "join the East Empire Company"
"Then I'll send a messenger."

Script Error: EXPRESSION in Dialogue CompileAndRun
Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "questions on vampirism"
"I've once more answered your questions, %PCRace. Now do me this favor and end my torment."

Right eval
"I've answered your questions, %PCRace. This would not have been the case had you not affected my mind with magic, but I will not hold it against you. No, I would rather ask of you a favor."

"Of course... By staying out of it."

"As if you never craved for blood, %PCRace!
We hunger always, as you should already have discovered. Starvation will make a vampire more desperate and daring, even mindless -- not stronger. Besides the thirst, our wounds cannot mend without drinking fresh blood."

"We hunger always. Starvation will make a vampire more desperate and daring, even mindless -- not stronger. Besides the thirst, our wounds cannot mend without drinking fresh blood."

"Why would we have anything to do with Oblivion? Thirst and hunger do addle our minds, but we would feast on cultists before even thinking of joining them. Daedra aren't prey, so they are of no interest to us either."

"Do YOU feel alive? I care little how they classify those affected by the disease. I know I have died."

"Do I look alive to you, %PCRace? I care little how you classify those affected by the disease. I know I have died."

"The frailty to rare metals is part of our curse. They hurt our blood, as do fire and sunlight. I would say you can count yourself lucky if you still haven't experienced it, but believe me, that won't last."

"The frailty to rare metals is part of our curse. They hurt our blood, as do fire and sunlight."

"Of all people, you would call this strength? You are truly a fool. The frailty to rare metals is part of our curse. They hurt our blood, as do fire and sunlight."

"You would call this strength! The frailty to rare metals is part of our curse. They hurt our blood, as do fire and sunlight."

"Not content to be cursed, we are now outcasts as well. As you may have sensed, we were once of the Berne. We have the same furtive features and underhanded inclinations, though we are no longer welcome among your clan."

"Not content to be cursed, we are now outcasts as well. We were once of the Berne clan, and as such we retain the more furtive features and underhanded inclinations of the Berne, though we are no longer welcome among them."

==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "fight my champion"
"That is correct. I have come to know you a bit, %PCName. I believe you can be of some use to me. But the plans I have will require someone of great strength or wit. Perhaps both. The time has come for you to prove this to me. You will return here tomorrow, and you will duel Karrod. If you are able to defeat him, we will discuss my plans for you."

Dialogue topic CO_Stock was not found on line 3.
Compiled script not saved!
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "stock certificate"
"Very well. Here you are."

Object 'TR_m2_q_32_vodunius' is not persistent. Its presence is not guaranteed in game.
Object 'TR_m2_q_32_Vodunius' is not persistent. Its presence is not guaranteed in game.
Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "drinking buddies"
"Yeah, that'll hit the spot. So, what's, er, what's on your mind?"

Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "drinking buddies"
"Expensive stuff eh? You must be rich to afford this. So, what's, er, what's on yer mind? *hic*"

Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "enchanted amulet"
"You're from the Mages Guild, then? Why yes, I do have this rare amulet, among other items available for barter. Provided you can make a suitable offer, of course."

Object 'TR_m3_TM_HlavesaDoor' is not persistent. Its presence is not guaranteed in game.
Object 'TR_m3_TM_HlavesaDoor' is not persistent. Its presence is not guaranteed in game.
Object 'TR_m3_q_a9_pbchest' is not persistent. Its presence is not guaranteed in game.
Object 'TR_m3_q_a9_pbchest' is not persistent. Its presence is not guaranteed in game.
Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "Temis Lorthus"
"Yes, he was found dead in his room right behind this door. We are investigating this. Why are you asking?"

Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "Advancement"
"Hmm... It seems your advancement on Vvardenfell entitles you to a higher position here on the mainland. I do hope they reciprocate these advances on that backward, desolate island. But no matter, let us see where you stand now."

==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "selling off"
"Here is one of my finest pack rats. He'll follow you around, right behind you, wherever you go. AND he'll carry small burdens for you. But take good care of him. Seems a shame to eat the poor little fellows, after all the trouble I have in capturing them and training them. But.. the customer is always right, and they're yours to do with as you wish."

"Thanks, %PCRace. Here is your very own pack rat. He'll follow you around, right behind you, wherever you go. AND he'll carry small burdens for you. But take good care of him. They don't grow on trees, you know."

"Here is one of my finest pet rats. He'll follow you around, right behind you, wherever you go. But take good care of him. They're hard to train, you know. Seems a shame to eat the poor little fellows, after all the trouble I have in capturing them and training them. But.. the customer is always right, and they're yours to do with as you wish."

"Thanks, %PCRace. Here is your very own rat. He'll follow you around, right behind you, wherever you go. Come back anytime if you need another or want a replacement!"

"Here is one of my finest pet scribs. He'll follow you around, right behind you, wherever you go. But take good care of him. They're hard to train, you know. Seems a shame to eat the poor little fellows, after all the trouble I have in capturing them and training them. But.. the customer is always right, and they're yours to do with as you wish."

"Thanks, %PCRace. Here is your very own scrib. He'll follow you around, right behind you, wherever you go. Come back anytime if you need another or want a replacement!"

Only local variables allowed on line 4?
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Greeting "Greeting 1"
"Thanks to your interloping, two of my patrons are dead. You'll find no welcome at this establishment."

Only local variables allowed on line 4?
"That doesn't make any sense... Guards, arrest the outlander!"

Right eval
"Big words, outlander."

Right eval
"Welcome, %PCCLASS. What could I help you with? Looking for some fine potions? An enchanted belt perhaps?"

Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Greeting "Greeting 2"
"Gale-ti cardhuth, bet’hun!"

Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Greeting "Greeting 4"
"Kemasa-ti ijuhne. Imba-ti senethi!"

Right eval
"Kemasa-ti ijuhne. Imbasi senethi!"

Right eval
"Kemasa-ti ijuhne. Imbasi senethi!"

Object 'TR_m3_pilgrimsupplies' is not persistent. Its presence is not guaranteed in game.
Object 'TR_m3_pilgrimsupplies' is not persistent. Its presence is not guaranteed in game.
Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Greeting "Greeting 5"
"Leka-these, n'hawe? Ana-se alosthe."

Right eval
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Greeting "Greeting 5"
"Hlena-se ald serpuul. Hen enante-se hlenath ga’esa serpu’ul. Hlena-sethe ka’rat meru, shil havan-se julanthe."

==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "flowers"
"A coda flower? I sure hope you didn't have to wade through a swamp to get this one. It does look nice though; I think she'll like it. Do you have any other flowers?"

"I don't recognize this one. You say it's a fire petal? A symbol of my burning love for her... nevermind, I'm getting carried away. Do you have any more flowers?"

"Ah, a gold kanet. Quite common, but beautiful nontheless. Do you have any more flowers?"

"What's this one called? A golden sedge flower you say? I hadn't seen one before, but it looks good, anyway. Thanks, have you got any more flowers?"

"Great idea to include heather. It'll look great in the bouquet. Do you have any other flowers?"

"So this is called a noble sedge? Thank you for bringing me one, do you have any other flowers?"

"The stoneflower, elegant in its simplicity. Great, have you got any more flowers for me?"

"The Timsa-Come-By of the Heartlands? Thank you, %PCName, these must have been hard to acquire. Now, do you have any more flowers?"

"A black rose? These have always been my favorite. I like your taste, %PCName. Do you have any more flowers for me?"

"A red fireflower, nearly too hot to handle. Thank you, %PCName, do you have any more flowers for me?"

"Black anther, thank you. Are these all the flowers you have with you?"

Dialogue topic MS_MatchMakeFons was not found on line 1.
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "women"
"Well, I suppose that figures. You know what they say about the cute ones - they always have ugly friends, anyway. But, ah, let me know if you should happen to run into any cute girls, will you? I'm sure they'd be anxious to find out what you're going to miss out on..."

==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "mead"
"Ahh, sweet, sweet mead. It's been some time since I had some. The job of a vampire hunter rarely allows such occasions. Thank you, %PCName. You don't happen to have more, do you?"

"*burp* Slides right down your throat, it does. I don't think there is anything I'd rather drink right now than the pure Skyrim mead. Except for more pure Skyrim mead, heh heh heh... Get what I mean?"

"Hah hah hah, I remember that time when I killed Hrogth... Hrothgad... Hrogtharrog. No, wait, I'll get it right. Hroth-gar-dor. There you go. Anyway, there was a celebration afterwards, and there was a lot lot lot of mead on the celebration. Hell of a bunge it was. Binge. Hell of a binge it was. Hah hah, cheers, %PCName, you have some more?"

"And when I fought *burp* Qavuron, ahh what a fight it was. Good fight. Y'know, he didn't really palarize me, I just tell people that. That he paraziled me and talked to me. Just tell people. And he didn't call me special. But he could have! He could have... I did burn him though. With a torch. Burded him. Good times... I could really kill some vanpriers right now. You know where I can find vampiers, %PCName?"[/spoiler]

Seneca37 Edit: We'll look into these before the next release. And thanks for the post.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

TR_Mainland

On the BGSF there was an issue reported with a line of dialogue that was altered for some reason, causing some un-needed compatibility issues with some mods.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1510489-tamriel-rebuilt-the-official-thread-2/page-5
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

TR_Mainland
Ironed Maidens wrote:On the BGSF there was an issue reported with a line of dialogue that was altered for some reason, causing some un-needed compatibility issues with some mods.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1510489-tamriel-rebuilt-the-official-thread-2/page-5
Here is WH-Reapers message with fix. This will be taken care of in the next release.

I believe I have located the culprit. In the release 15.12, line with ID 280021112342703720123 is modified.

Original line:
"Great. The bed is yours. Enjoy your stay."
Class: Publican, Function-choice = 1, Item-Gold_001 >= 10

Altered in 15.12:
"Great. The bed is yours. The room is at the end of the bar, next to the stairs. Enjoy your stay."
ID:TR_m3_Erer_Savil, Function-choice = 1, Item-Gold_001 >= 10

EDIT: [url=http://www.mediafire.com/download/ls1vhyij8tdutsx/TR_BedRentFix.ESP]Here[/url] is patch that fixes the issue. But it would be welcomed if TR team fixed the issue as soon as possible.
Attachments
TR_BedRentFix.ESP
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
ObligatoryUsername

Post by ObligatoryUsername »

In Bthzundcheft, the ruin near Port Telvannis down the coast a ways, there are three towers on the entry level floor which are not quite navigable by a male Dunmer PC.

Perhaps these were play tested with a female PC or one of a shorter race, for which it may work perfectly fine. However, for the average height PC the platform on which the ladder hatch to the top of the tower is placed is too low and close to the side wall for the PC to walk up without repeated jumping (which can cause the PC to fall through the wall/floor and have to restart the process) or tcl.

It is a very minor and low-priority problem, but I thought I'd mention it.