OE Quest discussion (outdated)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Cool, could be an opportunity to introduce some other psychedelics specific to Bretons?

edit: except that'd, archetypically, have to be opium, and moonsugar's pretty much opium already :< nvm.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Unique reward: having found his inspiration the Breton paints a psychedelic portrait of the player, which depicts them a purple Ogrim climbing the White-Gold Tower. [/not even kidding]
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Rats wrote:Unique reward: having found his inspiration the Breton paints a psychedelic portrait of the player, which depicts them a purple Ogrim climbing the White-Gold Tower. [/not even kidding]
I thought that a painting would be a suitable reward. I haven't ever seen moveable paintings in Morrowind though, is that doable?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Rats wrote:a psychedelic portrait of the player, which depicts them a purple Ogrim climbing the White-Gold Tower. [/not even kidding]
I will be sad if this is not done
is that doable?
I think it is, would just be an object with an invisible bottom part. Only problem with that being it'd float unless placed against a wall... though this could be gotten around with by giving it a collision-less structure that 'supports' the painting if it's placed in the middle of nowhere but melds in a wall if it's placed properly? On the other hand the player already has to be careful when placing an object and can build floaters if they so wish... worst case scenario the thing could be scripted with a small flying scamp that will be sent flying in the direction perpendicular from the painting until it reaches a wall and the painting would be placed there, or for greater accuracy an array of minuscule flying scamps
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

My God, that is beautiful
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Tondollari and Rats: Fucking brilliant. Too bad this requires the city to be finished first...
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

I really like the quest & unique reward. Alciente sounds like a criminal lawyer.

I see it working better for the Fighter's Guild. If misc., the quest might be expected to be accessible by low-level players.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Tondollari wrote:I really like the quest & unique reward. Alciente sounds like a criminal lawyer.
I actually like that pun way too much -> changing the quest's name.
Tondollari wrote:I see it working better for the Fighter's Guild. If misc., the quest might be expected to be accessible by low-level players.
Hmm, the quest reward is aimed more at the thief/outlaw characters so I'm thinking about siding with this being a misc quest.
mspyerzuka

Post by mspyerzuka »

VERY NICE
"Seneca37: I'd hate for you to do all that work reviewing it, and then we make changes."