Author
Message Post new topic Reply to topic
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

This thread is for posting updates on your level of activity in TR, so that it's easier to keep track of who is active and who isn't. Typical updates would be if you expect to be busier/less busy with other matters in the near future, if you'll be away for a while, for example on vacation, and if you're planning to step down from your position (mostly applies to leads) or leave the project altogether. For visibility's sake, it might be a good idea to indicate your level of activity in bold. For example:

The latter half of this month will be holidays for me, which means that I should be able to be more active then. In particular, I hope to get some work done on the Master Plan to shorten the amount of time between our finishing discussing it in the Skype Meetings and it being in a presentable state as much as possible.
Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:43 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
klep
Lead Developer
23 Nov 2014

Real life has got me inactive indefinitely. I'll be lurking about from time to time and you may see an occasional post, but nothing noteworthy will be coming from me in the near future.
Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:04 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
NathanJ
30 Aug 2015

As for me, you know I began trying to contribute with some of my ideas. I have learned how to handle the CS recently (see the interior + NPCs in my thread. I will develop quests too, at least for my own mods Smile) ) and Im willing to contribute where it is needed.
Believe me, Ive got a lot of time (Im active), Im currently in a hostel for medical rehabilitation ;p
Oh, and sorry for my reply though I dont have a developer title, I was a little bit fast ._.

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:26 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
10Kaziem
Lead Developer
03 Apr 2015

My activity is the same as usual, meaning I work in bursts and then will be quiet for a week or two as I rotate through my various real life responsibilities.

So generally: active, but erratically.
Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:59 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ironed Maidens
Developer
23 Feb 2008

Seeing as I contribute literally 0 to the project I'm happy to announce that I'm currently active and I'm also working on getting some things lined up to better promote TR and to help with general finishing up of the Master Plan.
Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:11 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Theminimanx
Lead Developer
26 Jan 2014

I have a lot of time on my hands, so I should theoretically be able to do a lot of work for the project. So I'm active, but lazy.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:02 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

Now and for the next month or two I will likely remain semi-active, due to some real life complications. What time I have here will be spent working on our uesp page and perhaps pulling through with some CS work if possible, as well as planning.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:26 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Active: I switch between doing Final Reviews, writing code to handle our landmass (database of our cells, border seam repairs, heightmaps, etc..), and fixing TR_Data (currently adding collision meshes to approx. 500 models).

Last edited by Seneca37 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:57 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Anonytroll
Website Administrator
12 Aug 2005

Active if preoccupied, because the next two weeks of vacation I'm spending mostly on myself and IRL adventures. The week after I plan on spending on TR mostly and then I'm back to work.
Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Semi-active. I recently started an internship at Game Informer magazine that will last until the end of the year, so my free time is a bit limited. I do plan to still pop in here regularly to continue working on the Indoril-Thirr section's dialogue, along with helping contribute to general planning when needed. My updates will simply be a bit haphazard.
Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:49 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ironed Maidens
Developer
23 Feb 2008

Yeti wrote:
Semi-active. I recently started an internship at Game Informer magazine..

Wow, really? Awesome, congratulations Yeti. Just don't let Game Informer's really idiotic (read, entirely mainstream) writers make you change your mind about how awesome a game Morrowind still is.
Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:30 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

No one here at Game Informer is idiotic, nor do they only cover "mainstream" games. They write about and play pretty much everything. That aside, I appreciate the congratulations. Smile

And not to worry, my opinion of Morrowind won't change one bit. It's one of my favorite games of all time. It's engrossing world exploration, level design and story more than make up for its incredibly clunky RPG mechanics, broken stealth system and haphazard level scaling.

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:38 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ronde
Developer
28 Jul 2015

Semi-active as well. I have my sporadic chunks of free time at the moment as my life has taken some long-awaited turns that I can focus on this lovely hobby. As some weeks work takes 6 days of my time, I've got a varying amount of entertaining (and rehearsing for it) to do and a taxing but hopefully in the end also rewarding personal life thingamabob which will undoubtedly keep me slightly less focused on everything else for at least several months.

On the other hand I really do want to participate to the best of my ability, so whenever I have time to spend I do intend to either do what I already can or try to learn something useful for the project. Also at the bare minimum I'll keep lurking both in the forums and IRC daily, anyway Razz
Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:09 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Lurking, ready to pounce on interesting exterior claims should they occur.
Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

It's great to see that you're still lurking around these parts, Nemon, waiting to gobble up helpless landscape cells. Very Happy

We unfortunately don't seem to have much significant exterior work available at the moment. I know Andothren still needs some fine-tuning, and Gnomey was working on adding a mountain range between the Armun Ashlands and the Thirr River Valley. There's also a small proposal to add some river delta islands around Old Ebonheart, but that hasn't been made into a claim yet, it seems.

If people will forgive the shameless plug, there's always plenty of need for exterior work over at Project Tamriel...

Post Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Frankly, a bit of modder exchange between the projects might be a good way to balance things out, as unfortunately it may be a while before TR is able to open up exterior and interior claims in proper numbers again. As long as the traffic goes both ways. Razz
Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:35 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
EJRS
Developer
14 Aug 2013

Lurking, waiting to see how and in which directions conceptualization goes, and what directions design/redesign will take.
Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:01 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
sasquatch2o
Developer
15 Jul 2014

inactive. not able to work on this project atm. Waiting for next full release.
Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:28 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Matin Sanguine
Developer
22 Aug 2012

Gnomey wrote:
Frankly, a bit of modder exchange between the projects might be a good way to balance things out, as unfortunately it may be a while before TR is able to open up exterior and interior claims in proper numbers again. As long as the traffic goes both ways. Razz

SHOTN and P:C are how I'm able to get my modding fix whenever TR is going through one of it's slow periods with interiors. Regarding traffic, given that most modders over there are either current or former members of TR, I doubt there is anything to be concerned about (in fact, I recall their being discussion about having a shared data file or something to that effect on one of the projects).

Anyway, to the point of the thread.

Given that the interiors section of TR is a little dry right now, coupled with a large workload for the next month or two preventing me from devoting time to branch out into other fields of TR modding, I'll be inactive but lurking for the most part, although I'll still (as ever) be lurking around on TR just keeping up to speed with everything, and maybe taking up a claim or two over at SHOTN or P:C

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
Post Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:43 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
6plus
Developer
24 Apr 2011

I'm pretty much inactive due to a lack of free time, I still try to stay updated on the project.
Post Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:56 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Mwgek
Developer
11 Apr 2008

Lurking.
Post Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:35 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Miraclestone
Developer
05 Aug 2014

Active in bursts; I have alot of free time but I recently had surgery and have difficulty sitting at my computer to work.
Post Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:37 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ironed Maidens
Developer
23 Feb 2008

Miraclestone wrote:
Active in bursts; I have alot of free time but I recently had surgery and have difficulty sitting at my computer to work.

Hope you feel better soon Miraclestone!
Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:53 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Miraclestone
Developer
05 Aug 2014

Ironed Maidens wrote:
Hope you feel better soon Miraclestone!

Thanks for the well wishes Ironed Maidens!
Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:08 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Wulf
Developer
22 Feb 2015

Active - working on the Rift Pass border fort interior.
Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:50 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
DestinedToDie
Developer
22 Feb 2014

Reporting in. Haven't done a thing in 1 and a half years.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:57 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
klep
Lead Developer
23 Nov 2014

Still inactive, but I might be having slightly more time so that I can at least lurk the forums a bit and throw in a short comment here and there. I work weekends though, so I won't be able to attend to any Skype meetings.
Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:57 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

I'll be more active in the next few weeks after I finish my internship.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:31 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Not
Lead Developer
01 Mar 2012

I guess I should probably add that I'm officially back. I plan to stay for a little while, so I'll definitely be helping out with anything and everything!

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:29 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group