Developer Roll-Call

Threads related to the general organization of the project.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Developer Roll-Call

Post by Gnomey »

This thread is for posting updates on your level of activity in TR, so that it's easier to keep track of who is active and who isn't. Typical updates would be if you expect to be busier/less busy with other matters in the near future, if you'll be away for a while, for example on vacation, and if you're planning to step down from your position (mostly applies to leads) or leave the project altogether. For visibility's sake, it might be a good idea to indicate your level of activity in bold. For example:

The latter half of this month will be holidays for me, which means that I should be able to be more active then. In particular, I hope to get some work done on the Master Plan to shorten the amount of time between our finishing discussing it in the Skype Meetings and it being in a presentable state as much as possible.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Real life has got me inactive indefinitely. I'll be lurking about from time to time and you may see an occasional post, but nothing noteworthy will be coming from me in the near future.
NathanJ

Post by NathanJ »

As for me, you know I began trying to contribute with some of my ideas. I have learned how to handle the CS recently (see the interior + NPCs in my thread. I will develop quests too, at least for my own mods :-)) ) and Im willing to contribute where it is needed.
Believe me, Ive got a lot of time (Im active), Im currently in a hostel for medical rehabilitation ;p
Oh, and sorry for my reply though I dont have a developer title, I was a little bit fast ._.
Why cant I simply use an Elder scroll to make my Clocks go slower?
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

My activity is the same as usual, meaning I work in bursts and then will be quiet for a week or two as I rotate through my various real life responsibilities.

So generally: active, but erratically.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Seeing as I contribute literally 0 to the project I'm happy to announce that I'm currently active and I'm also working on getting some things lined up to better promote TR and to help with general finishing up of the Master Plan.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

I have a lot of time on my hands, so I should theoretically be able to do a lot of work for the project. So I'm active, but lazy.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Now and for the next month or two I will likely remain semi-active, due to some real life complications. What time I have here will be spent working on our uesp page and perhaps pulling through with some CS work if possible, as well as planning.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Active: I switch between doing Final Reviews, writing code to handle our landmass (database of our cells, border seam repairs, heightmaps, etc..), and fixing TR_Data (currently adding collision meshes to approx. 500 models).
Last edited by Seneca37 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Active if preoccupied, because the next two weeks of vacation I'm spending mostly on myself and IRL adventures. The week after I plan on spending on TR mostly and then I'm back to work.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Semi-active. I recently started an [url=http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/09/21/welcome-the-fall-2015-game-informer-interns.aspx]internship[/url] at Game Informer magazine that will last until the end of the year, so my free time is a bit limited. I do plan to still pop in here regularly to continue working on the Indoril-Thirr section's dialogue, along with helping contribute to general planning when needed. My updates will simply be a bit haphazard.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Yeti wrote:Semi-active. I recently started an [url=http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/09/21/welcome-the-fall-2015-game-informer-interns.aspx]internship[/url] at Game Informer magazine..
Wow, really? Awesome, congratulations Yeti. Just don't let Game Informer's really idiotic (read, entirely mainstream) writers make you change your mind about how awesome a game Morrowind still is.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

No one here at Game Informer is idiotic, nor do they only cover "mainstream" games. They write about and play pretty much everything. That aside, I appreciate the congratulations. :)

And not to worry, my opinion of Morrowind won't change one bit. It's one of my favorite games of all time. It's engrossing world exploration, level design and story more than make up for its incredibly clunky RPG mechanics, broken stealth system and haphazard level scaling.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Ronde
Developer

Post by Ronde »

Semi-active as well. I have my sporadic chunks of free time at the moment as my life has taken some long-awaited turns that I can focus on this lovely hobby. As some weeks work takes 6 days of my time, I've got a varying amount of entertaining (and rehearsing for it) to do and a taxing but hopefully in the end also rewarding personal life thingamabob which will undoubtedly keep me slightly less focused on everything else for at least several months.

On the other hand I really do want to participate to the best of my ability, so whenever I have time to spend I do intend to either do what I already can or try to learn something useful for the project. Also at the bare minimum I'll keep lurking both in the forums and IRC daily, anyway :P
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Lurking, ready to pounce on interesting exterior claims should they occur.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

It's great to see that you're still lurking around these parts, Nemon, waiting to gobble up helpless landscape cells. :D

We unfortunately don't seem to have much significant exterior work available at the moment. I know Andothren still needs some fine-tuning, and Gnomey was working on adding a mountain range between the Armun Ashlands and the Thirr River Valley. There's also a small proposal to add some river delta islands around Old Ebonheart, but that hasn't been made into a claim yet, it seems.

If people will forgive the shameless plug, there's always plenty of need for exterior work over at [url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/viewforum.php?f=123]Project Tamriel[/url]...[img]http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/whistling/smileys-whistling-823718.gif[/img]
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Frankly, a bit of modder exchange between the projects might be a good way to balance things out, as unfortunately it may be a while before TR is able to open up exterior and interior claims in proper numbers again. As long as the traffic goes both ways. :P
EJRS
Developer

Post by EJRS »

Lurking, waiting to see how and in which directions conceptualization goes, and what directions design/redesign will take.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

inactive. not able to work on this project atm. Waiting for next full release.
my opinion.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Gnomey wrote:Frankly, a bit of modder exchange between the projects might be a good way to balance things out, as unfortunately it may be a while before TR is able to open up exterior and interior claims in proper numbers again. As long as the traffic goes both ways. :P
SHOTN and P:C are how I'm able to get my modding fix whenever TR is going through one of it's slow periods with interiors. Regarding traffic, given that most modders over there are either current or former members of TR, I doubt there is anything to be concerned about (in fact, I recall their being discussion about having a shared data file or something to that effect on one of the projects).

Anyway, to the point of the thread.

Given that the interiors section of TR is a little dry right now, coupled with a large workload for the next month or two preventing me from devoting time to branch out into other fields of TR modding, I'll be inactive but lurking for the most part, although I'll still (as ever) be lurking around on TR just keeping up to speed with everything, and maybe taking up a claim or two over at SHOTN or P:C
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

I'm pretty much inactive due to a lack of free time, I still try to stay updated on the project.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Lurking.
--Mwgek--
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Active in bursts; I have alot of free time but I recently had surgery and have difficulty sitting at my computer to work.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Miraclestone wrote:Active in bursts; I have alot of free time but I recently had surgery and have difficulty sitting at my computer to work.
Hope you feel better soon Miraclestone!
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Ironed Maidens wrote: Hope you feel better soon Miraclestone!
Thanks for the well wishes Ironed Maidens!
Wulf
Developer

Post by Wulf »

Active - working on the Rift Pass border fort interior.
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

Reporting in. Haven't done a thing in 1 and a half years.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Still inactive, but I might be having slightly more time so that I can at least lurk the forums a bit and throw in a short comment here and there. I work weekends though, so I won't be able to attend to any Skype meetings.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'll be more active in the next few weeks after I finish my internship.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

I guess I should probably add that I'm officially back. I plan to stay for a little while, so I'll definitely be helping out with anything and everything!
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse