TR fast travel mod

For topics that just don't seem to fit anywhere else.
Alyndiar

TR fast travel mod

Post by Alyndiar »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently making a TR versions of Yacobi's Fast Travel Mod. I contacted Yacobi and I have his permission to mod and release. I was wondering if anyone here would be interrested in this, since it allows visual teleportation to any point of the map using a virtual in-game map.

Please note that this does not need any script extender and uses only basic Morrowind/Tribunal fonctions.

If there is an interrest, I can release a WIP as I add cells to the map textures. This is taking rather long since I have about 5500 cells to add on 36 4096x4096 textures. The framework is tested and functionnal and we can thank Yacobi for that, his original mod was very well made.

Hoping to hear from you guys soon!

BTW, thanks for the great work! I'm making this just so I was visit TR faster :)

Regards,
Alyndiar

Alpha 0.3 update : Completed left third of map. Harmonized "sea" color on all completed parts
Attachments
Fast Travel TR 0.3alpha.7z
Alpha 0.3 update : Completed left third of map. Harmonized "sea" color on all completed parts
(10.08 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
Last edited by Alyndiar on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

That does sound interesting. I've only used the original one once, but I'm definitely interested in seeing a full province one.
Alyndiar

Alpha version

Post by Alyndiar »

I have it working, I just need to add all cells to the textures. At the moment, I have about 10% done.

I'm including what I have done right now. If anyone want to comment on this (map scale, movement speed, ...), I'd be eager to hear.

I expect to have all cells added to map within the next week or 2.

Update : I added the old map under mine so this can be used as is on Vvardenfell while I add all the TR cells to the correct textures.

Update : about 20% done. Take a look
Attachments
Fast Travel TR 0.2alpha.7z
A little more done. Lower left and middle left quadrants are completed. Center and top left are started.
(8.96 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Alyndiar

Alpha 0.3

Post by Alyndiar »

Completed left third of the map. Harmonized "sea" color on all completed parts.

Updates in OP.