Interior Claim Proposal Thread

You can claim interiors in this forum.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Interior Claim Proposal Thread

Post by Gnomey »

I think that any new interior claims that are opened up should first be proposed here, to avoid any risk of future confusion and disagreement. Here's how I think this should work: whoever wants the interior claim(s) to be created or unlocked provides a claim description (or for all I care requests that someone come up with one) for the applicable claim(s), and then those descriptions sit around for a week, and if nobody takes issue with them the claim(s) can be opened up. If somebody does take issue, then that should naturally be discussed before a decision is made.

Hopefully this will not create some sort of bottleneck in churning out new claims; this is more of a failsafe, and generally I expect claim proposals to go uncontested. I don't think a week's delay is much of a loss.

After the claims go up, hopefully a moderator (I will probably do this if present) can go back end grey out those interior claims where they are mentioned in this thread. This should facilitate the opening up of new claims if we've run out. Putting that another way: if you want to put up new claims, please only put up claims from this thread.

Without further ado, here are various interiors from my work on the Indoril-Thirr section:

The following interiors have all been put up already.

[spoiler]DONDRIL

[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/DondrilWatchtower.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/th_DondrilWatchtower.png[/img][/url]
Top: Dondril, Hetman's House (2x3) - Hetman is a somewhat sloppy but severe individual who mostly keeps to his house. He doesn't take kindly to outlanders barging in unannounced, and will probably be rather short with the player on first greeting. He has good relations with House Indoril, though, and will be considerably more pleasant if the player is a member. (He's friendly with the Indoril guards posted to and near Dondril).
Bottom: Dondril, Craftmer's Hall - dedicated to Meris (farmers and labourers); I'm not quite sure what would go on here, and think this could be discussed. My first thoughts would be preparing goods to be shipped out of the region, but essentially making it a warehouse may be dull. It could have beds for guards either way, and maybe some sort of shrine to Meris.

HAMLET

A hamlet dedicated to St. Felms (patron of butchers and fishmongers) that supplies Vul with the Velk nectar it uses to brew a high-class Indoril drink. The other major activity of the hamlet is fishing.
Any guards other than the velk breeder could be accommodated either by the velk breeder, the hetman, or perhaps in the depot. I'll leave whether the velk breeder would function as a (perhaps the hamlet's only) guard up to the NPCer.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Aralorvillage.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/th_Aralorvillage.png[/img][/url]
1. fisher
2. fisher
3. hetman (alternatively this interior could belong to a village priest)
4. velk breeder - a rather old Indoril guard whose familiarity with Velk was deemed more useful than his martial prowess. Has a rather steely temperament, and keeps the slaves in line, but has otherwise comfortably settled in his station.
5. butcher - mainly deals with fish, but also does whatever Dunmer do to Velks to get at the nectar; helps with the fishing when he has the time.
6. depot - should be relatively tidy. Velk nectar/nectar sacs are stuffed into urns here to be shipped out. Some other stuff might also be kept here, but should be kept out of the way. (Alternatively could be the home of the hetman if 3 is the home of a priest). Note that the [url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/HamletRooftop.png~original]dice on the roof[/url] should not indicate seedy corruption and gambling in this case; just a game to while away the hours, without any betting.
7. caravaner - owns a pack guar or two and regularly transports the urns of velk nectar to Vul, bringing back any necessities the hamlet lacks. Perhaps more worldly and wizened than his neighbours.
8. slave shack - they mostly help out with taking care of the Velks and lugging stuff around.

VUL

These are the new interiors required for Vul. The other interiors will all be modifications to (mostly) Othrensis interiors, and will probably not go through this thread. They are, however, listed [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24672]here[/url].
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Vul/VulPlan.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Vul/th_VulPlan.png[/img][/url]

6. Tradehouse; warehouse and general merchant.
10. Cornerclub; Syvvit Tong clubhouse.
11. Barracks (3x4); all Indoril guards in the TRV are technically garrisoned at Roa Dyr. This building just provides shelter and beds for guards posted in or around Vul.
12. House (2x3); member of the ST and scout; often acts as guide for outlanders, and probably also helps with gathering Velk nectar.
15. House (2x3); brewer, works in tradehouse.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Gnomey on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

As a note, I'll be tossing up the above interiors soon. I'm not quite sure about some of the hamlet interiors, specifically the fishers' houses, as it might be faster and simpler to simply grab those interiors from Almas Thirr, allowing Indoril-Thirr to progress to NPCing just that little bit sooner. I wouldn't mind a second opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

How about putting them in the queue - but add a deadline to them. If people think they can get them done in the allotted time then let them have at it.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I would use the fisher shacks from Almas Thirr. For a Temle stronghold, it has too many of them.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I finally got around to putting up the above interiors. (Claims i3-781 to i3-793) As this is my first time creating new claims, it might be a good idea to double-check them to ensure I haven't messed up anywhere. I have not put up the two fisherman interiors for the time being, as I want to check if I can grab those interiors from Almas Thirr. I also forgot to post a description for Vul's Craftmer's Hall here, so that interior will have to wait. For the time being, I think our interior modders have plenty to occupy them.

As a separate question, shall we make the Old Ebonheart Castle interiors unavailable for the time being? I'm personally inclined to hold back on them for now as seneca [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24799]suggests[/url].

Edit: for some reason all of the claims are marked as 'imp', even though I'm sure I made them 'Ind'. It doesn't really matter either way, though.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I want to repurpose i4-59-Hla to be the harbour administrative building. Current interior is not correct for what we want, very empty and not complete. While this could be done within the merge file, I prefer letting a dedicated interior developer making this.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

As in IRC, my own opinion would be to wait until we have the current interior situation for Andothren sorted out. I intend to have that sorted out by the 27th, so at worst we should have it by the time the obligatory one week waiting period for interior proposals is over.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I quickly threw together a rough shell for the Vhul Craftmer Hall interior (TR_i4-794-Ind); it looks rather odd due to the shape of the building and the interior winding around and over the bakery interior. (Which has a 2x3 shell). A basement can still be added, and the modder would need to tweak the shell anyway. (There's a pillar that clumsily hides a bad tile transition; the modder ought to replace that with something better).
As this was done in a hurry, I have neither adjusted interior lighting nor added the northmarker. The claim description will follow as well.
Attachments
TR_i4-794-Ind.ESP
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

These claims have been put up, so I'm putting them in spoilers to avoid confusion. - Gnomey

[spoiler]New Almas Thirr Interior Claims Proposal

Part One - Canalworks

[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/SUzJIq1.png[/img][/spoiler]
Canalworks - Second-to-lowest level of the canton. Opens up to the town outside. Used as a gathering spot by the poor Velothi Dunmer townsfolk. Should follow the above map while matching what Vivec's Canalworks look like.

Public Tomb â€â€￾ A medium-sized public tomb where the poor Dunmer of Almas Thirr once entombed their dead.

Tribunal Temple â€â€￾ A temple that serves the Dunmer townsfolk living outside the Almas Thirr canton. Small and understaffed. One central sermon hall and a few connecting chambers. Though the priests here provide for the poor, they probably shouldn't offer many services to the player, since the town has an overabundance of them already. Include a school room where priests offer free education to commoners.[/spoiler]
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

So if I understood correctly: 'Canalworks', 'Public Tomb' and 'Tribunal Temple' would be the three claims for the canalworks. And in the case of the public tomb the claim would be to expand the current interior. Aside from those three, the interiors are all extant interiors that are just being moved to the canalworks; I assume the bookstore is 'Celdora's Assorted Texts and Tomes' for instance.

Either way, this plan looks solid to me.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Correct, though the current Public tomb is so minuscule, I don't really think it matters whether its used or not. But I guess it should be up to the modder if they want to use it as a base.

I'll put these up later tonight or tomorrow.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Fair enough. You've certainly got my go ahead; it's good to see some interiors in sections we're actually working on go up again.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Claim Proposal

I generally dislike opening interiors in unfinished areas, but as these are all caves and such they should be fine. They are all from the buffer zone of the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24299&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40]Andothren-Thirr South Merge[/url]:

ex_cave_door_01 [-8377.956, -174225.656, 3467.357] - Small cave with a spring, inhabited by bandits/outlaws.

ex_cave_door_01 [-1899.327, -171320.141, 3750.202] - Critter-filled crystal cave.

ex_cave_door_01 [5973.292, -193058.063, 5474.015] - Animal den.

ex_cave_door_01 [8121.719, -218635.516, 538.484] - How about a Temple hermit?

ex_cave_door_01 [5925.278, -222997.813, 5916.635] - Isolated and high up. Maybe Winged Twilights because why not?

ex_velothi_loaddoor_01 [8500.924, -199693.484, 2825.178] - An abandoned and neglected Indoril ancestral tomb.
Last edited by Gnomey on Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'd say no to the hermit - he would need to have his own back story and unique dialogue, and we should avoid placing those kinds of characters unless we have a clear purpose for them.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'm thinking specifically a Temple theologian who wishes to study and contemplate in silence. Nothing complex.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

They all sound good to me.
I'd appreciate it if you could also link the locations on our interactive map in the future :)
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

All of these ideas appear to be good, so I'm all in!
And yeah, I think it would be a great idea if we could link claims to that map from now on.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

The formerly proposed hermit cave could potentially become a wild kwama mine. TRV is currently very lacking of mines, and could use at least one more. Also, the cave leads directly into the base of the mountains, providing a great location for a mine.

If no one can get a better idea within a few days, or if this proposal is agreed upon soon, I'll make a claim.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Here's a map of the current Mines (VV included)

Note, only places that are named "Mine" are shown. There are several caves with minerals in them, but they are not named "Mine". These are mostly on Vv.

It would be nice to have a strategy on where mines are located. I would guess that there shouldn't be any mines near Dwemer ruins because they'd have mined them out already.

As for Egg mines, will these be global or do we want to limit them to maybe just the northern regions. Or possibly set up someone in-game who manages the "Queen Eggs" to start new colonies? Just a thought.

The "Nothing" mine is a mine ruin, I'm guessing. There are no minerals or Kwama in there.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I agree that we should definitely have some sort of strategy for dealing with the mines.
Seneca37 wrote:As for Egg mines, will these be global or do we want to limit them to maybe just the northern regions. Or possibly set up someone in-game who manages the "Queen Eggs" to start new colonies? Just a thought.
I do like the egg management idea. But what would be the reason for confining egg mines to the north? From your map they are found in just about every corner of Vvardenfell, so the same should probably go for the mainland.