technical problems with the new release scheme (Solved!)

WIP Downloads, Help forum, Bugtesting and Feedback.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

oldChimer

technical problems with the new release scheme (Solved!)

Post by oldChimer »

I just installed TR 15.12 and happened upon something curious:

– I installed TR 15.12 and started a new game. In the ship in Seyda Neen, the Guard never appeared after „Iâ€Â￾ woke up from the dream. I had to de-activate TR to go through the char generation and enter the town. (I didn't use the TR_Travel plugin, in case you want to know.)

The following two issues were already present in 15.10 and 14.8:

– north of Kartur, two sections of coastal area are missing. Everything floats in the air.
Edit: Now I found out that, other than with the old release scheme of TR and the Alpha plugins, I need to load TR_Preview AFTER any Bethesda plugins, namely »Siege at Firemoth«. When the preview and Mainland get merged someday, this ought to be addressed, since an esm always gets loaded before an esp!

– some door meshes and a house mesh are missing in Meralag. I wasn't able to figure out what causes this, even if I use only Bethesda plugins and TR.

By the way –– this is not in the real „bugâ€Â￾ context, but ought to be addressed: not only in the TR_Preview, but also in TR_Mainland many „roadsâ€Â￾ are not exactly recognizable as such, because they are just texture-painted across the terrain and often very irregular (and, in some cases, outright ridiculous in their steepness or in the way they lead), considering that most of them are high roads between cities and have been in use for at least the three millennia of AlmSiVi rule, if not twice or a multiple of that time. Meaning, they ought to be worn-out, sunken in and clearly visible. Whoever does the landmass merging into TR_Mainland ought to take a look and correct the roads into conceivable, credible ones.

Regards, and keep up the otherwise marvellous work!
â€â€￾â€â€￾â€â€￾â€â€￾
There is always the odd off-chance that somebody will understand good-humoured snottiness as personal insult. Such heretics will be punished by AlmSiVi with canalworks' cleaning duty for life.

Post by Guest »

Re: Roads.

This is something we are currently aware of and are going to address...eventually. The way the roads are carved deeply with lips on either side of the player is actually part of how Bethesda made Morrowind seem much larger than it actually is. This aesthetic choice is something that is going to need to be carried over to TR and eventually things will be repaired/cleaned up.
oldChimer

Post by oldChimer »

â€â€￾â€â€￾â€â€￾â€â€￾
There is always the odd off-chance that somebody will understand good-humoured snottiness as personal insult. Such heretics will be punished by AlmSiVi with canalworks' cleaning duty for life.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Re: technical problems with the new release scheme

Post by Seneca37 »

oldChimer

Re: technical problems with the new release scheme

Post by oldChimer »

@Seneca:

Loading MW: No warnings. And, interestingly, I did not change anything, and suddenly now I can start a new game with TR loaded. I still wonder why, and I am going to test everything again with a fresh pristine Morrowind install. Somehow something must have seriously messed up my MW installation.

Meshes: all missing things are from the Area in TR_Mainland, not the Preview (except for the coastal stuff near Kartur; but that is fixed by loading TR_Preview after Siege at Firemoth. No floating anymore, the ground is back where it belongs).

Wrye Mash: I already tried all removes and repairs possible with Mash, and hat do do them repeatedly with one save game to get rid of all debris and left-overs. But the result was the same as with the new game; meshes missing, ground segments missing.

Let me repeat: I still wonder why, and I am going to test everything again with a fresh pristine Morrowind install and freshly downloaded TR 15.12 (from Nexus this time; last was from Fliggerty). Somehow something must have seriously messed up my MW installation. I will update this thread as soon as I have found out if it works as it should.

Thanks for your help so far; regards.
â€â€￾â€â€￾â€â€￾â€â€￾
oldChimer

Post by oldChimer »

argh… <slapping my own forehead>… the problems are solved! Yay!

– not being able to start a new game with TR loaded:
dumb, accumulating bugs in a handful of mods, affecting general scripts, resulting in those mods being thrown forcefully out of the window now. Nonetheless, this strange effect didn't manifest itself with all previous TR releases; so the changes in the TR releases do have quite positive side effects –– to get rid of other buggy stuff ;-)

missing landscape near Kartur:
– wrong load order with TR_Preview and Bethesda's »Siege at Firemoth«.

missing building/entryway meshes, missing ground segments in Dreynim Spa etc.:
– responsible was (an old version of) abot's Windows Glow Expansion for TR.

Again, thanks for your aid. This thread can be considered to be closed now.

Regards, the old Chimer (who feels *very* old now, and somewhat silly…)
â€â€￾â€â€￾â€â€￾â€â€￾
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

glad to see you were able to fix it! Feel free to post any additional problems you might have should the need arise :)

Closing because solved!
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse