Bluefoot Mushrooms

For topics that just don't seem to fit anywhere else.
Ragox
Developer

Bluefoot Mushrooms

Post by Ragox »

I couln't find any information for these. I like to use them in my cave claims.
Is there any lore for them?
Where do they grow?
Do they glow? I placed Bloatspore lights next to them and that looks really cool.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

I have looked through my local database dump and these are the relevant references I can find (other than mesh corrections and floaters/bleeders in individual claims):
Bluefoot: sparsely on all maps except 1 and 2, but more common in map 5 - also in cyrodiil and south skyrim
There are a few other Asylum projects I'd like to find, then. His mushrooms (except for the Bluefoot which I have managed to find).
I ask because I just completed "extending" Balar's Herbalism scripts to Tamriel Rebuilt... At the moment, only the Black Rose seems to have been placed anywhere in TR (oh, and the Bluefoot appears in one cave I think), remaining TR flora having only been placed in the testing cell.
I personally would only use plants that naturally grow together in the planter. Marshmerrow and Saltrice are coastal/river plants, Bluefoot is a cave mushroom, Timsa-Come-by and Horn Lily are inland plants.
pretty sure bluefoot mushrooms aren't glowing; removed the lightbulbs for them.
Most relevant thread: [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=68340]New Flora Pack[/url]

The no-glow was invoked here: [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=290399]i4-359-Red[/url]

That's all, I'm afraid.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

If someone posts a picture of bluefoot mushrooms I can make up some lore for them, based off of their distribution and where they have been placed so far. If we want that.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

10Kaziem wrote:If someone posts a picture of bluefoot mushrooms I can make up some lore for them, based off of their distribution and where they have been placed so far. If we want that.
Here you go. I for one would love that. Tracking where they've been placed so far sounds really difficult. But I know that I've not seen many at all while playing or just checking other claims out.

I really wish we had more unique cave plants.
Attachments
Bluefoot.jpg
(297.46 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Do bluefoot mushrooms have an ingredient associated with them? (Also, I designed a few cave plants, though I'm not sure if they were liked. They were never made into models, in any case.)
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Yes Bluefoot is an ingredient.
TR_Ingred_Bluefoot
Weight: 0.10
Value: 1.0

Effects:
  • Drain Fatigue
    Water Walking
    Poison
    Dispel
The ingredient model is just the smallest Bluefoot model, laying on its side.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Habitat:

Bluefoot is a mushroom that grows primarily in caves. It prefers lower altitudes and warmer, moister weather, and therefore grows primarily in the northeastern regions of Mainland Morrowind. It does not grow well near ash, frost, or salt, but prefers caves that are coastal or moist. Despite this, it is found on occasion in a wide belt across the middle of Morrowind which continues into the south of Skyrim and Cyrodil.

In caves, it is generally found near waterseeps or moist areas. (In coastal or watery caves this can be anywhere, near but not in water preferred.) Occasionally Bluefoot is found deep inside a cave in an otherwise inhospitable region.

Effects:

Eating the mushroom produces a tingly feeling of spreading warmth, followed by slight recklessness, loss of feeling in the feet and fingertips, and then tiredness. Mild resistance to magical effects and cures follows. If the mushroom is eaten near water, this may result in an ill-advised trip across the water and then into it. Drowning occurs regrettably frequently.

Each of these effects can, in the hands of a skilled alchemist, be enhanced, but as the effects are as often deleterious as they are beneficial, it may be worth it to pass over this relatively common mushroom in search of less dangerous fare.

Misc Lore:

From the stems, a weak blue dye can be made. This dye must be mixed with a mordant and used quickly, or the solution will brown in the air and become noxious. The blue of the stems rubs off easily onto the fingers, where moisture induces the same reaction. This is the origin of many deplorable pranks.