Modder Resources

Place where approved concepts are developed into in-game assets. (Models & Textures)

Moderator: Lead Developers

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Modder Resources

Post by Gnomey »

If there are any assets, for example from modder resource packs or of your own creation, that you think might be of interest to TR, please post them here. If the assets are not of your own creation, it would be helpful if you were to mention any restrictions put on distribution and use of the assets by their creator.

This sticky effectively phases out the old [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=18686]Models needed for Morrowind[/url] thread, which despite its original intent as indicated by the title eventually became a resource dump. A lot of good resources were posted there, however, until very recently, so it's still worth a browse.

By nature, a lot of the stuff that gets posted here -- even if we eventually decide we want to use it -- will not make it into TR_Data anytime soon, as it will typically not be relevant to what we're working on at any given time. By posting it here, it's more likely that we'll find it again when it becomes relevant.
If, on the other hand, you feel that a particular asset would prove useful right away, for example if a region's flora is being discussed and there's a resource that you think would fit in really well with that region's aesthetic, by all means post a link directly in the discussion thread.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44001/?

Just saying.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

I really like the boats. I wouldn't mind at all if we use them
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

MD just released a resource pack with a bunch of armors in it!

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44020/?
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Really like the face covers, but not so fond of the bright colours in most of the armor pieces.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Those ships are very nice, and I think the armours could be of some use.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Hey, just happen to be browsing today. I'd be very happy if TR made use of any of the pieces I made. I'd suggest keeping an eye on some of the stuff Stavroguin is working on too as he's making some very interesting sets of armor with concept art inspiration.

Klep, I'm curious which colors you don't like? Everything you see aside from the fabric on the iron armor is something you'd see in an ashlander camp. Equivalent textures, actually. I'm not trying to be defensive at all, I'm just curious. If it's the bug armor, that's essentially the ashlander bug bowls turned into an armor set.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Ooooh those look very nice. The colors are a bit too even and saturated on some of them, which is why they appear a bit too bright. I am thinking of the blue and green. But, that's only a minor texture fix, and these are lovely.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Pretty much what Kaziem said. The blue and green comes out a bit too strong for my preference. That said, the models all look great!
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

That Dunmeri Iron though....so legit.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

10Kaziem wrote:Ooooh those look very nice. The colors are a bit too even and saturated on some of them, which is why they appear a bit too bright. I am thinking of the blue and green. But, that's only a minor texture fix, and these are lovely.
Yeah, I didn't spend time on making unique textures, so I just used the vanilla bug textures all over them. So I can see what you mean. I could see an alternate version mixing in some of the more desaturated, neutral color inside of the bug bowl texture to break it up... perhaps if I ever revisit this set I'll take a stab at that.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

If we use them, which I hope we will, I'll do a texture pass on them.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

10Kaziem wrote:If we use them, which I hope we will, I'll do a texture pass on them.
I'd be highly interested to see your tweak on them. Once I get back into OAAB, there may be some other resources TR is interested in. Just [url=http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1121106-wip-of-ash-and-blight/page-1]random stuff I've made for it[/url].
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

The wind-blown ash effect looks interesting. A retexture of it could be used in the Deshaan plains.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Null.
Last edited by Ironed Maidens on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Ironed Maidens wrote:Here's a tileset that could be used for the interiors of either Old Ebonheart Castle or the Grand Chapel of Talos. Take a look, Stavroguin was nice enough to lend the file!
I feel kinda silly right now, but I don't see any links to any tile sets. Am I missing something and it's posted elsewhere?
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Hahaha oooops, no that was my fault, I was kind of rushed for time when I posted that and forgot the link; edited the post with the link!
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

To be fair, Why created a stunning Grand Chapel of Talos already. Maybe for the castle though yeah.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Aeven wrote:To be fair, Why created a stunning Grand Chapel of Talos already. Maybe for the castle though yeah.
Wait what? He did? When? Is it modeled already??
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Not wrote:Wait what? He did? When? Is it modeled already??
The chapel was created with the existing tileset. Despite that, it still looks very good and would be hard to replace, imo.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand