Possible Creatures

Place where approved concepts are developed into in-game assets. (Models & Textures)

Moderator: Lead Developers

Ashstaar
Developer

Possible Creatures

Post by Ashstaar »

Anybody seen these imp-like creatures before? Sort of Clavicus Vile-esque to me. Also showing some Seducers I put together for personal use. Made from various available meshes.
Attachments
seducers_1.jpg
Seducers
(257.19 KiB) Downloaded 759 times
imps_1.jpg
Imp-like creatures
(214.56 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I've seen those imps, along with the ogre or whatever. I don't remember how good the animation was, but I think it was decent. I never thought of connecting them with Vile before... not a bad suggestion.

The Seducers look okay, though the heels don't match the daedric armor very well, imo. I think they could maybe use some tattoos or something on their skin. Or maybe skin piercings. Something to break up the bare legs. :D
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Working on a number of other humanoid creatures and daedra. Here is a Xivilai. Sort of a mix of Battlespire and Oblivion. Also an Oblivion style Ogre.
Attachments
ogre.jpg
(210.32 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
Xivilai.jpg
(173.79 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Oh man, I love those! Hahahah! They'll fit right in with the other monsters we encounter in Morrowind.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'm afraid I don't share MD's enthusiasm for the Orge (the colors don't match Morrowind's aesthetics, and common fantasy mainstays like ogres are out of place in Morrowind), but the Xivilai looks like a fitting addition to our lineup of Daedra.

On an unrelated note, I'd love to see you finish those clothing claims of yours, Ashtaar. :D
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Yeti wrote:I'm afraid I don't share MD's enthusiasm for the Orge (the colors don't match Morrowind's aesthetics, and common fantasy mainstays like ogres are out of place in Morrowind)
I agree that it could stand to be de-saturated a bit. I can imagine Ogres being found in the Southern Velothi mountain border with Cyrodiil though.

edit: also might be interesting to add some tattoos or ritual scarring or something. Or maybe just scars to make them a bit more interesting.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

P:C could perhaps use an ogre?
I'm guessing limb proportions are a limitation of the 'Humanoid' frame.

The Xivilai does look like it'd fit, nice job. Could look less like a horned buff Dunmer, with a different skintone?
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

These aren't finished yet, so there will be tweaks and additions to the models. Am considering trying to attatch the Ogre body parts to a different skeleton and adjust the proportions to fit. Maybe. And yes, I would only place the Ogre's over near the Cyrodiil border.

Yeti: Sorry the clothes are taking so long. I got caught up making a large personal mod. Also real life things.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

That's fine, Ashstaar. Feel free to take your time. I just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten about them. I guess my enthusiasm for how awesome your stuff is makes me impatient to see it added to TR_Data. :wink:
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I was just wondering. How are these creatures coming along, Ashstaar? It would be disappointing to see them wasted.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

I am still working on things. Here is a Dark Seducer/Mazken.
Attachments
mazken1.PNG
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 541 times
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Looks awesome! I've been always waiting for seducers to be in Morrowind. ;)
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

I like it, too! Looks really good :)
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Thanks for the likes. Xivilai. Should be ready for action. Going to work more on the face texture though.
Attachments
xivilai3_1.jpg
(81.1 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Looks great! It'll be neat to see these in game. :D

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

I think the Xivilai could have a more demonic face.Great job, though.
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

The Xivilai is a nice start, however:

The Xivilai looks like a Dunmer with horns and yellow eyes. I think you need to start with a blank slate with the facial texture and tweak the facial model (those eye brow ridge cavities are dark/high elf ridges)

You did a nice job bulking him up in the legs and torso (maybe a little more in the torso), but the body texture is extremely reminiscent of the playable races. He really looks like a Dunmer, instead of being from a different species entirely.

Doing a Google search for Xivilai pulls up a lot of good stuff to work from, like this:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Oblivion-Xivilai-347570021
(notice there are no ridge cavities like there are for dark/high elves)

The Xivilai you're working from (from Battlespire) is a specific Xivilai Lord named Moath. It's unclear from available sources (beyond finding a copy of Battlespire) how Battlespire depicted non-unique Xivilai entities, or if these would even be representative of the whole. Hell, they can probably look like whatever they want.

Nice Mazken!
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Here is a comparison shot of xivilai, dremora, and dunmer. I am continuing to refine the model. The face is ok to me but I understand what you are saying, and would like more of a different look myself. I have Battlespire and there are a number of different looking xivilai, or what I took to be xivilai, throughout the game from what I recall. I like the look of the Battlespire characters and chose to work from this one and mix in a little Oblivion in the skin color department. Thanks for the feedback.
Attachments
xiv_de_drem_compare1.jpg
(181.05 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Lower brow ridge, bigger forehead, altered nose and chin. With and without tattoo.
Attachments
xivs_vary_2.jpg
(110.54 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Wow, this is looking even better! I really like the one with the face tattoos.

greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

I think the eyes are now different enough to set it apart from the eyes of either the Dunmer or Altmer. Nice work.
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I like that Xivilai, Ashstaar!
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Thanks, MD and others! Here is an update on the Ogre. Rigged it to an armature so it functions as a creature now. Still need to work on it some more though. Also de-saturated the textures.
Attachments
ogre4_ani.jpg
(103.8 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Last edited by Ashstaar on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

These look truly awesome! :)

BTW please check your "Daedric and other Artifacts" thread Ashstaar :P

It would be such a shame if any of your models would get lost.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Ashstaar could you please post the mesh and texture files as well? Also for the Daedric creatures you posted in another thread.

I'm freaking out about the possibility of losing any of your material...

You're like the last really talented mesh maker for MW imo :)
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Some Daedra I've worked up. A couple Xivilai, the yellow daedra from Redguard, a Herne, a Morphoid, a Mazken, a Seducer Oathkin, and Aurorans.
Attachments
c_aurorans1.jpg
(96.51 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
c_mazken_seducer_oathkin.jpg
(66.55 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
c_herne_morph1.jpg
(70.03 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
c_xiv_ward1.jpg
(114.88 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
EJRS
Developer

Post by EJRS »

Love the herne and the morphoid. The unhelmeted auroran looks really outstanding, what's the concept with them?
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Being a big fan of the original game style. These are FREAKING AMAZING!!!

Such great work as usual. What's your plan for these?
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Love the herne and the morphoid. The unhelmeted auroran looks really outstanding, what's the concept with them?
Thanks! If you mean art concept for the aurorans, they are based on concept art for Shivering Isles on UESP. Otherwise the creatures are being made available to TR if wanted.
Being a big fan of the original game style. These are FREAKING AMAZING!!!

Such great work as usual. What's your plan for these?
Thanks again! I am releasing these independently soon but making them available to TR first. I still have plans to keep modding for TR but have been wrapped up in other things for a while.
Infragris
Developer

Post by Infragris »

Ashstaar, would you be willing to share your Aurorans for Project: Cyrodiil? Your work is really outstanding.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

While a good-looking model, the Aurorans could use refining here and there. Better textures for one, and removing parts that appear a tad cobbled together, such as using Helseth's Royal Guard helmet for the second Auroran's face. Yes, Oblivion used a similar design for the Auroran, but it's a little too similar here.