Something special for the Developers Emeritus

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Something special for the Developers Emeritus

Post by Seneca37 »

Should we do something special for the Developers Emeritus in-game?

I was thinking something like special unique enchanted rings, or enchanted armor.

The Ring of Hermit, Ring of Gaff, Ring of Katze ...

Any thoughts?
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

oh man, that does sound appealing. I thought we were going to have a huge easter egg shrine that would host NPCs of ourselves with unique dialogue too. Either way, I really like that idea, think it would be fun to implement. But try to differentiate on the accessories, make some amulets too.

Although admittedly most of us former core members have already put god item easter eggs into the mod at some point or other...
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

I support this idea. Little rings and amulets and hidden enchanted doodads would be nice.
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

There was a time when the TR policy absolutely forbade these kinds of in-game tributes. But then again, it also looks like a great many things have changed over the years. I think the best easter eggs are the ones you can't tell are out-of-place unless the player is in on the joke.
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Yes, agreed: We don't want them to stick out, but rather be extra interesting if you happen to know the real life backstory.

Post by Guest »

The items should be lore friendly and shouldn't be attached to a quest, nor an npc. Anything related to the members should fly over the head of most of the players.

Post by Guest »

Rats here, writing as anonymous because apparently that's become symptomatic of the old TR forums breathing its last.

Little nods to devs of yesteryear is an appealing idea. May the conversation (and the venting?) continue in the new forums.

Lockity-lock.