Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Any updates on this one?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

Yeah, it's almost finished, but I would like to work on this a little more before presenting a new file

Couple more days, ok?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

No problem, just refreshing the threads!
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

Im lazy I know, it should have been done long ago, but this fucking university is driving me crazy (as always)

Anyway, new file up, few houses still left for detailing - including the mighty Great Hall and new Temple of Shor (I'm going to play with the idea that this guy's dead, just wait and see - will make it pretty and epic). After that its only docks and its done
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Looking great! http://i.imgur.com/5hFIMWc.jpg
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

This one is turning out sweet!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hi Hells! How is university going? Any new progress on this claim?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

Sorry, I know it's been a month, but I have some serious stuff going on in RL right now. Will post a new file with stuff done just after Christmas, hopefully it's not a problem (I won't drop this no matter what:P).

Oh, and university's a bitch, three projects that need to be finished, exams - good thing I'll finally have a break after next monday
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

[url]http://i.imgur.com/0b0mOsS.jpg[/url]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/VWRFFJi.jpg[/url]

I've been trying to implement that sweet new ex_barrow meshes from the recent TR_Data into my vision of Dunkreath, to give it more "ancient" feel - I had an idea that Temple of Shor should be represented as some kind of barrow, since that guy is dead. Please take a look and feel free to criticize and make some suggestions ;)

If you're ok with this, then I'll proceed to finish the docks and that little hoom (?) farm outside the city. Shouldn't be a problem.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Hells, this claim is looking magnificent!

Might it be an idea to use more of our unique Uld Vraech flora pieces here?
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

This is looking great, Hells. You've done a good job mixing the barrow pieces into Dunkreath's layout. They really gives it a feeling that people have lived there a long time.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Dunkreath is turning out great, love the new shots.
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

[url=http://i.imgur.com/kIpx16o.jpg]Dunkreath walls[/url]
[url=http://i.imgur.com/PVv0zBO.jpg]Hoom farm[/url]
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Gorgeous stuff, Hells! Any new file? I really want to check this out :D
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

[url=http://i.imgur.com/yehlv7o.jpg]1[/url]
[url=http://i.imgur.com/0X0Htnw.jpg]2[/url]
Will post a new file sometime soon, trust me - it's almost done (thanks to these wonderful new ex_barow meshes), just few tweaks and bugfixes here and there ;)
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Wow! Stunningly beautiful work!
Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

I'm not sure about the barrow elements being used for wallwork. They do not loo particularly convincing to me in that function... They were meant to be shifted sidewards into terrain when I made them.

But if you like them, keep them. Just pointing it out.

An example of the original purpose:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... ip_old.jpg
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

Yeah, figured that. Actually, you gave me an idea, so I'm redoing the city a little with these barrow meshes used like they should be. Will post a WIP and some screens later.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I do have to say I love the meshes, Worsas! They look great, and with Hells' skillful placing, it almost feels like I'm in Skyrim in that [1] screenshot!

Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

The whole barrow set at SHOTN actually is still under development. But the current pieces that you have are not really subject to changes.

Roerich has used those pieces quite extensively in a barrow interior at SHOTN, if you are interested:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/726 ... /c05_07.pn
http://i.imgur.com/D73u1gZh.jpgg

Thanks for the heads up. :)
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

[url=http://i.imgur.com/Eg0kKL2.jpg]CS shot[/url]
Obviously, that simple makeover ended up being a total overhaul (I guess I fit here perfectly :P). If someone could take a look and post some opinions about the new layout I'd be very grateful. Don't mind the floaters, bleeders, etc, I'm aware that it still needs moar detailing.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

There are some elements that I miss from the old design, but I think this one looks superior overall.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

Yeti wrote:There are some elements that I miss from the old design
Such as? All suggestions are welcome.

I felt that the previous version of Dunkreath was too "flat", so I took an inspiration from Skyrim cities (Whiterun mostly) and messed with the city elevation. Imo it looks better and allows me to use these barrow meshes properly :P
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

It looks perfect. Great reshaping of the old design.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Now that I've been able to compare both versions in the CS, I can say the new city is superior in every way. You can ignore my comment above suggesting otherwise. Well done, Hells.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

You're past the one month update deadline, Hells. Do you have a new file for us?
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

Sorry, I've been really busy. I'll post an update sometime this weekend.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Safe to say, this has been an unusually long weekend. Do you have an update for us, Hells? ;)
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Not so much an update request as asking whether you still plan on working on this. If so, you can keep holding on to it, no problem. If not, this will likely get merged with the rest of Uld Vraech to be worked on again when the Uld Vraech section opens up.
cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

I can finish this if it needs to get done soon.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I've revoked the claim from Hells.

While this really should be moved to the new forums, right now might not be a good time to do so. Transferring Uld Vraech claims to the new claims system could potentially distract from the attention being put on Deshaan. In addition, I think it would be a good idea to finish a claim as large as this one from where it started.

With that said, feel free to claim this from here. However, don't be surprised if another lead wants it moved to the new claims system.

Also, be aware that much of this work will probably be altered in the future. The Uld Vraech region is still not fleshed out. Despite this, it would still be a good idea to get as much of these claims done as possible, so we'll have to worry about less exterior work.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

This claim should probably not be moved over to the new claims browser, at least anytime soon, and should probably no longer be worked on. As with cookie16, if Hells comes along and wants to finish it off or has a more up-to-date file he never got around to uploading I don't see any harm in that, but beyond that I don't think it's worthwhile to try and finish an area we have no clear idea what we want to do with.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I see no harm if cookie16 is interested, especially since there's probably now a clear understanding that much of the work will eventually be changed. If we get this claim moving now, that'll mean less work will have to be done in the future. (unless someone makes the crazy decision to redo everything) But I guess whatever we do won't really matter, unless cookie16 really wants to finish this claim.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

This claim is pretty much wrapped up, it just needs alot of polishing. IDK what Hells was doing before he uploaded the latest version, but there is an excessive amount of floater, seams, casping(forget the word) and just some areas that need a few rocks and flora placed to be finished. I would say that this claim is closer to 95% and just needs some love/touch up which I have done a bit off. I can probably have this done by tomorrow night.
It is a beautiful area and very well designed and put together, I just find it saddening to not see it in all of its glore. I have worked on this a bit, mainly just looking around see what needs to get done and fixing some of the problems above. I can go ahead and finish/polish it up without any hassle.

So in short, I would like to claim it, to give it a quick polish.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Especially with there being such little work left to do, I'd say go right ahead and claim this. I'd still wait for Gnomey's approval, though.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

lol, got a little head of myself
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Okay, at this point just go ahead and claim this if you wish. I doubt there will be any issues, and for the reasons I already mentioned I think it would benefit the project if you got this claim finished.

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Sorry for the lack of communication here; I've talked with cookie16 via PM but forgot to post something here.
I generally don't think these exterior should be worked on for the time being as it is possible -- not to say probable or likely, but possible -- that our plans for the region will change drastically when we get around to it, and the exteriors will need to be reworked.
On the off-chance that we do decide it will be worthwhile/necessary to once again alter past work, I want to be sure that as little work needs to be altered as possible.

If cookie16 or Hells really want to finish this despite the above uncertainty, and knowing there's always the chance we will not use their final file without some level of reworking, I'd say go ahead, but I don't really see the point.

Edit: I mean, towards the end, on the rare occasions where I actually did work on my file, I largely used it to try out various ideas I had, naturally within the parameters set by the claim description. So if it's just for -- essentially -- messing around, with the possibility that the ideas will end up being used, that's fine by me. I just don't want to place any false expectations in developers for these claims so far beyond the areas we have been planning.
cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

I have worked on this because I had some free time and was just messing around. Like I said above, it complete, it just need touching up. I'm not worried of this being redone because its not my claim. I like to think what I did was something along the lines as Morrowind Patch Project. I didn't do anything drastic or change the original vision, I just fixed it for them.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Yeah, that I've got no problem with; feel free to claim it so that you can upload your file or fiddle around with it some more. :)