i4-509-Hla

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

i4-509-Hla

Post by Seneca37 »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-509-Hla (#2749)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_4-14-Hla (#151)
Claimed by: horus
Files: TR_i4-509-Hla_horus_1.esp; TR_i4-509-Hla_horus_2.esp; TR_i4-509-Hla_horus_3.esp

---

HIGH PRIORITY: Slave shack for a Hlaalu farm - houses two slaves.
Thirr River Valley 2,-23
Exterior located in Southern Andothren merge.
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24299&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40
Use latest update at end of topic.
The shack is next to the Llaren Farm House.
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

This ought to be easy to do...
Last edited by horus on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

Claiming. Just a basic shack that houses two male slaves. Nothing fancy, obviously.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

It's yours, welcome!
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

Well that wasn't difficult at all. Let me know if the north marker is a little bit off. But other than that, it's done. It looks a little bit sparse at first glance, but it is a slave shack.
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

Forgot to clean it...will re-upload.

Edit: I realized that I used the Andothren-Thirr file to create my interior, so there are a whole lot of things that TESAME thinks are bad. So no cleaning for now I guess...? Not sure if this means that I need to completely redo my interior or not...Leads, let me know!
Last edited by horus on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Looks good to me. I'd move the bottle on chest to one side slightly so the clutter isn't perfectly symmetrical and scale the melted candle .8 and sunk it into the table, like so: http://i.imgur.com/Izhstjd.png. Maybe considering addding slightly more clutter like a few food items (or maybe just a couple small bones on or near table), a couple coins, and a pair of shoes. Small details like this can help tell a story about the characters and interior that text and dialogue cant replace. Ah one of the wooden cups seems to be at a slightly extreme angle but that's being picky.
my opinion.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

horus wrote:I realized that I used the Andothren-Thirr file to create my interior
There is a way to remove dependencies using Wrye Mash, though I don't know exactly how that works. The interior looks quite well done. :)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

You typically wouldnt need that. Wyre Mash is required if you need to remove dependency on a masterfile. In TESAME right click and delete everything other than your cell. The problem here is that cleaning things out individually would take longer than making the interior.

So, what I did was just make a new file enable your old one and make a new interior called "i4-508-Hla-hours_fixd" and copy paste. I've cleaned it for you as well.

I moved a couple items around (basket, which seemed like a serious fire hazard, and bottle). Your obviously free move them back.
Attachments
TR_i4-509-Hla_horus_fixed2.esp
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
my opinion.
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

Ah. Thanks for the tips sasquatch! I appreciate it. Though I am a little confused as to how you separated my interior from the Andothren-Thirr stuff. Can you explain again how exactly you went about it? You said you enabled my old one. What do you mean by that? I'm still getting the hang on the finer points of the construction set and TESAME.

And thanks Ryan! First interior down. :)
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Ah. Thanks for the tips sasquatch! I appreciate it. Though I am a little confused as to how you separated my interior from the Andothren-Thirr stuff. Can you explain again how exactly you went about it? You said you enabled my old one. What do you mean by that? I'm still getting the hang on the finer points of the construction set and TESAME.

1 - Check the required masters and TR Data and start CS.
2 - Create new interior with alternate name.
3 - Save as new file with alt name.
4 - Check all required masters and your old file, set new file as active.
5 - Open.
6 - Select old cell from the browser.
7 - Click-drag & Copy all content.
8 - Select new cell and paste in the content.
9 - Save.
10- TESAME: open new file.
11- TESAME: right click and delete all items other than your cell.
12- SAVE: "i4-509-Hla_horus_02",03,04 etc.

I'm not sure how it works but it does. The only items that you shouldn't clean in the future are those you have modified with scripts or special attributes which are unique to the interior. Such items needs to be specially named so they are easily identified, ie "i4_paper_specialcontent" or something. For exact naming protocol you'll have to search the forums.

Also, while I like your interior it still wont pass review. The wood pile is bleeding into the fire ring and if you are using the version I uploaded the basket is in the ground.

I'd also encourage you to add several items to up the character of the place. A couple bones strewn across the table or placed in one of the bowls would be good, picking bones for dinner would explain why the interior is so sparsely decorated. Also, if the baskets are there for fishing maybe they need a bucket, spear or fishing rod. It doesn't need much, but just a few minor details can do a lot to show what its all about.
Last edited by sasquatch2o on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
my opinion.
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

Thanks for the mini tutorial there. :P I'll check the logs for bleeding and floating issues, as well as that basket. As for the sparseness of the room - and I do admit that it does feel a little empty - I attribute that to the fact that the occupants are slaves. They don't have the freedom to own anything. But I'll see what I can do to "liven" it up. Thanks for the critiques!
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

Question: How wealthy is the Llaren family? I'm assuming rather so because of the plantation and all? I'm just curious because their wealth could be reflected in the way they treat/house their slaves.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

They don't have a plantation, more a modest independent farm. They won't receive much characterization either (I intend to make them generic NPCs), but I don't imagine they'd allocate much expense to housing their slaves.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

Ah, ok. I was comparing it to vanilla Morrowind content, and by it's standards, it seemed more like a plantation. :P But ok, thanks for the info!
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

Alrighty, this guy is done. I fixed the bleeding logs, removed that soon to be on fire basket, added another basket by the food supplies and hid a sujamma under it. Those slaves are sneaky little guys! Enjoy :)
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Submitting to review.
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

So, in accordance with seneca's guidance, I have redone this interior and I now understand why no one was any kind of eager to take it. It was fun rotating all of those things into place.

Anyways, I've done what I can with it. The table and the stools will each have two floating legs because of the uneven ground. So there is that. Other than that, everything should now be in order. But of course, if it is not, please let me know.

Ok, done ranting. Ready for review.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Off to review
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Ambient/Sunlight/Fog/IllegaltoSleepHere: Ok/Ok/Fixed/Set
Correct Tileset: Yes
Books:None
Container Contents: Ok
Items Rotated Enough: Yes

BLEEDERS:
-furn_de_basket_01 into floor
-potion_local_liquor_01 into floor
-crate_02_bottle05_16 into floor
-furn_log_04

FLOATERS:
None that I could find!

OTHER ISSUES:
-light_com_candle_07_128 resting improperly on the table.
-furn_de_rope_03 caspering

Comments Good interior! Pretty solid rotation, and a good design. I did notice that there was nothing in your interior with the TR prefix. Remember next time that there are many TR-made items that you can use to help detail interiors.

Rating 8.5/10
Attachments
TR_i4-509-Hla.esp
(4.04 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Bumping, since this is a high-priority interior and has slowly moved to the bottom of Interiors: Reviewing.

sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

(Can't attach the file for this at the moment)

Clean: Yes.
Northmarker: Present, rotated to match exterior.
Lighting: Good.
Illegal To Sleep Here: Yes.

Floaters:
crate_02_bottle_05_16
furn_log_04
misc_com_wood_bowl_02

Bleeders:
active_de_bedroll
furn_de_ex_stool_02
furn_de_ex_stool_02
furn_de_shack_basket_01
furn_log_04

Other: Replaced 'urn_04-ingredient' with an empty version of the same urn.
Replaced 'Light_Fire_NoSmoke_400' with the _177 version.
Replaced both 'light_de_lantern_03_200' instances with _128 versions.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »