i4-368-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

the rule is the first update requires a file, subsequent updates have no such requirement. This is a low priority int. Yes this has been abuse of power, but it has not hurt the project in any way so I don't exactly think this was worth a public call out.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Haplo wrote:There's change in the wind, Kimosabe. The new rule is that you have 30 days from your last update (Read: an actual update, not a one-liner saying "I'm still working on it;" ...
Emphasis mine.
Haplo wrote:For your first update, we require a WIP file, no matter how little you've done; we also require a WIP file at least once every other update.
Emphasis mine. So you have had this claim since at least Dec 2010. That means I should see at least 12 WIP files up top, with a 13th coming this month.

Requests for progress are always made in the claim thread in question. Subsequent updates must be, in fact, updates. And it's definitely implied that an interior claim (of a cave, no less) should not go over two years without a file being uploaded. There is no way you can argue reasonably that your posts in this thread merit an update or progress. We made those rules in good faith so that people wouldn't have to worry about RL while working on a claim, not so that they wouldn't have to worry about losing their pet claim while they are busy enjoying RL. There are 13 months during which time nothing was posted. This is a cave interior. It shouldn't take 13 months to begin with, let alone 2+ years. Had anyone else in the project acted as such with this claim, you would have revoked it by summer of 2011. If you don't at least upload your latest file by the end of January I'm going to have to revoke the claim and bar you from re-claiming it. There has to be a check and balance somewhere.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

File uploaded.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Can i get a foreal update again please? Thank you!
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

I have to revoke this.

Feel free to reclaim if you wish, but this needs to be done.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I had 10 more hours thank you very much, and it is still just as low of priority as it has been for the last 3 years
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Haha, ten hours?

I know it is low priority, but Haplo brought up a good point earlier in the thread so I'm going to be keeping everyone to the same standards from here on out.

You are free to claim this again, if you would have had an update within the next ten hours then it could certainly fill your first week file update requirement this time around ;)

EDIT: Perhaps you thought I meant this needed to be finished with my "this needs to be done" line? That isn't what I meant, I meant that the claim needed to be revoked in keeping with the rules that everyone else has to follow.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

yeah, misunderstood that. Reclaiming and granting to myself. File is coming shortly thereafter.

edit: crap, I appear to have opened one version of this claim and set the other as active. I'm going to see exactly how much I just screwed things up and if I can combine loaded plugins without things being messed up

edit 2: fixed
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Yay for fixes now for updates?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Oops, this needs an update ASAP

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I'll fire this up today and upload a file
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Obligatory bump to remind post-road trip TF that this still exists.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This needs an update ASAP TF

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

/me nudges TF once more.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Aaaaaannnnndddd, revoked. :(
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Gracious, after reading this thread, I feel like a timid little mouse entering a house with two lions growling at each other. I've never done a cave before but it looks like Thrignar Fraxix really wants to continue this. Perhaps this should be left for him to reclaim. He's the overlord of Tamriel-Rebuilt after all. Or is it Haplo?

My dockworker housing unit is still in review so I should probably wait for a review on that before claiming something else. That way the reviewer can point out my weak and strong points.
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Wanting something does not give anyone a right to it. There are basic rules at TR that all modders must follow, regardless of their rank, and updating their claim is one of them. Comments such as yours on whether someone else wants a claim or not are unnecessary. As for TF and me, neither of us are overlords of anything. We are administrators, as you can see by the titles under our usernames.

Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Haplo wrote:Wanting something does not give anyone a right to it. There are basic rules at TR that all modders must follow, regardless of their rank, and updating their claim is one of them. Comments such as yours on whether someone else wants a claim or not are unnecessary. As for TF and me, neither of us are overlords of anything. We are administrators, as you can see by the titles under our usernames.
Which map do I need to view the exterior for this cave? The only exterior esp I have is one called "Clean final TR_M3A6-Ind_Nemon".

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I am struck with an urge to be a collosal dick and snatch this back with intent to finish it tonight. If it isn't done in the next two weeks revoke it and never let me have it again.

I love this idea too much and am too energized by the Macross Frontier soundtrack to not give this one final honest shot. (Sheryl Nome <3)
Last edited by Thrignar Fraxix on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Tes96 wrote:Which map do I need to view the exterior for this cave? The only exterior esp I have is one called "Clean final TR_M3A6-Ind_Nemon".
At the top of the first page, where the claim information is posted, you'll find a "Parent Claim: ..." followed by a hyper link to the parent claim. Click that hyper link and download the most recently-dated file.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Submitting to review. Beds for 7 NPCs, I figure 1 will be the shop keep, one will be the shop guard, one will be an armorer, one in the middle hallway, then 3 in the back where the washing takes place.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Clean: Y
1 additional book added: TR_i4-368-ArmorerNote = ok

Ambient/Sunlight/illegal-to-sleep-here: ok/ok/no
Correct TileSet: yes
Books: ok.
Container Contents: ok
Items Rotated enough: yes

CHANGES MADE

Floaters
barrel_01_ashyams (6373, 2899, 14509) - Changed rotation
barrel_01_random_pos (6402, 2959, 14509) - Repositioned barrel
crate_01_iron_weapons (6668, 3029, 14507) - Changed rotation
crate_02_food (6970, 3563, 14267) - Changed rotation
crate_02_imp_armor (7366, 2758, 14267) - Changed rotation
crate_02_imp_weaponsmul (7293, 2804, 14267) - Changed rotation
crate_Bandit_01 (7221, 2645, 14267) - Changed rotation
crate_Smuggler_01 (7363, 2915, 14267) - Changed rotation
exquisite_ring_02 (5665, 3146, 14513) – changed rotation
furn_de_p_table_02 (7318, 3618, 14266) – double “Fâ€Â￾
repair_journeyman_01 (5546, 3283, 14517) Handle not resting on table
silver viperaxe (5491, 2934, 14518)
TR_barrel_01_drinks_de (7372, 2837, 14269) – double “Fâ€Â￾
TR_barrel_01_drinks_imp (7316, 2866, 14269)
TR_cont_crate_long_clth (7360, 3517, 14235) – changed rotation
TR_crate_01_iron_weapon (7319, 2756, 14331)
TR_indoril_amulet (5477, 2949, 14517) – triple “Fâ€Â￾
TR_Ingred_Iron_Ore (5513, 3336, 14519)
TR_LadyE_blood_1 (8743, 2858, 13819)
TR_w_chitin_lsword (5663, 3108, 14514) – only resting on 1 point – changed rotation

Bleeders
com_sack_03_chpfood5 (7284, 4143, 14156) Bleeding too much - repositioned
crate_01_apparatus (6585, 3369, 14507) Into floor boards - repositioned
crate_01_food (6649, 3118, 14507) Into floor boards - repositioned
crate_01_silver_weapons (7364, 3077, 14266) Into floor boards – changed rotation
crate_02_imp_weapons (7280, 2705, 14267) Into floor boards – repositioned
de_r_chest_01_empty (7353, 3486, 14298) Into urn- repositioned
probe_apprentice_01 (5441, 3291, 14406) Into ground- changed rotation
sc_bodily_restoration (5593, 2946, 14516) into table - repositioned
sc_elementalburstshock (5570, 2948, 14516) into table - repositioned

Comments Well made – expert use of rocks. I don't think anyone will find that probe. Worth the wait.

Minor changes that I would make:
1) I saw no real need for the x-hatched in_cavern_ramp00(s), but if I were to do it, I'd position the lower layer a bit lower, so that there'd be a full board above.
2) Not clear on why the additional blue light (no model) was added – personally I'd remove it (it is still there).

Rating 9 out of 10
Attachments
TR_i4-368-Red.esp
(26 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Tes96
Reviewer

Final Review

Post by Tes96 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:
-bonemold_tshield_hlaaluguard bleeding into ceiling hook slightly
-door_cavern_doors10 ghosting from inner door frame
-Removed lock from de_r_chest_01_empty because it's empty
-Rotated one bedroll
-Added health to silver flameaxe
-Replaced bk_AnnotatedAnuad with TR_bk_TrueIntrospectionRedoranC. Annotated Anuad is already used 115 times in Vvardenfell.
-Replaced sc_shockbane with TR_sc_shock25_tch_1_1
-hammer_repair floating; added health
-Added lock to de_p_chest_02_pos4 (3x)
-Replaced bk_HouseOfTroubles_c with TR_bk_DjulighanasRole_Sl
-Replaced BookSkill_Armorer2 in the back area with TR_bk_TwoStancesKF_gro
-Replaced BookSkill_Armorer2 in the main area with TR_bk_TheUprising2
-Replaced sc_elementalburstshock with TR_sc_charm22_60
-Replaced sc_elementalburstfrost with TR_sc_frost21_tch_1_1
-F'ed extravagant_pants_01 into ground
-Rotated misc_de_foldedcloth00 to be flush with ground
-Deleted blue water ref 128 and added an extra light_de_lantern_10_128
-Changed ID of Tattered Note from TR_i4-368-ArmorerNote to TR_bk_m4-368_Armorer
-Moved last sentence in Tattered Note to the end of the second paragraph and added period.
-Added a couple in_cavern_beam30 to the in_cavern_ramp00 boards.

I raised the area with the in_cavern_ramp00 boards and folded cloths. It was submerged a little in the water and the clothing was floating in it.

I didn't even see that opal stone or probe on the ground. Very sneaky, Thrignar. Good work.

Comments One thing that bothers me is how these guys get any business at all. This place is in the middle of the Armun Ashlands where the closest thing is a daedric shrine. Nobody will be shopping out here in the ashlands. And the chance that someone will come across this shop is slim to none. The exterior door is on top of the hill that is off the main trail. I think this should have been a bandit or natural cave and not a store. It just doesn't make any sense to set up shop in a desolate location where there is no business or people.

Rating
Attachments
Clean TR_i4-368-Red.esp
Final Review
(26.58 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I was asked to post a message here:
Thrignar Fraxis wrote:I chose those armoring skillbooks to show that the bandit smith was trying to teach himself. Silver Flameaxe was not supposed to have health because it needed repairs. Locked empty chest was intended for comedic effect/trolling. Unlocked chests were supposed to be unlocked.
Yes the cave is supposed to be out of the way, they were supposed to be very aggressive in both collecting and selling materials. Pushy salesmen if you aren't someone they were going to kill. The road is a well traveled one as far as I recall. I also do not recall the note specifically, but given your other changes I am hesitant to trust your judgement. You changed a lot of admittedly strange things I did without thought to whether they were done with a purpose.
I post it mainly for three reasons: 1. as I was asked, 2. as the notes look like they could be useful for future NPCing, and 3. I think it's useful to have a reminder every now and then that some things that look like errors might have been intended by the claimer; for stylistic 'errors' I think it's almost always preferable to ask the creator before making changes, though that doesn't necessarily apply in this specific case as I'm not sure how easy TF would have been to reach at the time or if TES96 tried to reach him.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Thanks, Gnomey. This was done a long time ago so I can't remember much about this claim. I follow standard protocol when reviewing so skill books and other strange things are removed unless the mod author gives reasons why they're there. Most of the time I would ask the modder first before deleting. Go ahead and add in the skill books. A brief story regarding the claim also helps, like the description from TF that Gnomey posted.
Thanks for the heads up.

sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Clean - Yes
Northmarker - Good
Lighting - Good
Illegal to Sleep Here - Yes

Floaters:
crate_01_Armor_Steel
crate_02_de_mclothes

Bleeders:
chest_tomb_gladroon3
crate_02_de_fclothes

Other:
Added a boulder to cover caspering platform at entrance.

Added some poles underneath the walkway leading to the lowest level.

Reverted the changes TF objected to in Tes96's review, with a few caveats:
I left the skillbook on the bed, but changed the one on the counter; two of the same book would be boring.

TF didn't mention in his response, but judging by the positioning of the platform the semi-submerged clothing was intentional, so I reverted that.

Uploaded file to the new site.