Deleted thread

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Well, it's kinda big, has three gangways, a shop and restaurant section, and is in every way suited for a - former - capital. The three striders will all cover different routes; one will cover southern cities (dres, southern Indoril), one will cover northeastern cities (Hlaalu, Redoran), one will cover northwestern cities (Telvanni, Necrom, rest of Indoril).

On a side note, Narsis might need a really big strider port too (gotta ask prom about this).
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

Its been a long while since I took a look at this city and I must say you guys have done a great job. The only problem I see is that the none of the stair models are aligned correctly. I also see that you guys changed the shape of the city slightly, not a full circle anymore, and the fact that its at water level makes it look alot better.
Last edited by Nazz on Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Wail till I finish my strider port area. :)
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

So, finally, finished, lowered and vertex shaded: Almalexia's missing cells! Now, I will go over the city and spread the new meshes - stay tuned. .Esp is clean and only contains my cells.

Sorry I took one day longer than promised, Koth, but you know, life interrupted. :)
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

Where is the download that has the custom buildings you used?
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/viewtopic.php?t=2815&start=80

Here you can find the new buildings Majra made.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

messy
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Oh! It's ... it's not like that in TESCS with me! I have no idea what happened there ... I'll post a new version soon (tomorrow should I find the time, more likely monday). I'll look ito that. Bleh, what's going on there ...
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Here's the newest version of Almalexia, including my eight exterior cells. I have already begun spreading flowers and such, but am nowhere near finished. The landscaping will, however, remain the same.

Check them out, Kothloth (and really, anyone else, too)! 8)

- hermit -
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Looks fine. Now we'll need to make the few cells above and underneath Almalexia on the western side.

We could also need a status report from STH on how much he has worked on the east side. He's currently the one in charge of that, so we should wait for his answer before continuing with any work.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Okay. I will populate my wilderness a bit more - more Black Roses, more flowers in general, maybe add another house, aside from the muck spunge farm and the house of the exiled Nobleman ... maybe an Inn, or something ...

Also, if you need some help with the wilderness cells, I could do one or two of these. :)
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Narsis is not as important as almaelexia though. I think it be okay with it's two striders :)
Anyway. I'm curious do telvanni cities have silt ports??
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

They do. They also have River Striders, waterborne giant beast of burden insects.

Almalexia's Strider port has been built a long time ago, when the city was reconstructed after Mehrunes Dagon leveled Old Mournhold. At that time, it was the glorious capital of Morrowind, Narsis was a fledgleing little town and capital of a bunch of cutthroat traders noone really liked. Thus, the big strider port was more than needed.
This has changed, obviously. But why should Almalexia reduce it's strider port size? The Indoril cling to their former greatness. The hell they would do and make their city smaller, less impressive, or anything, just to comply with current politics (who knows, maybe they will be restored to their former greatness? Indoril have dreams too ... ;) ). Thus, the major strider port, befitting the buzzing capital that Almalexia once was, will stay.

I take it you meant Almalexia isn't as important as Narsis, otherwise you post would not have made sense at all ;).
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I was talking about Vvardefell about the telvanni. They dont like strangers and though it would be strange to have such fast travel. I know about riverstriders (they needs to be polished btw.)

And I meant almalexia is more important than narsis as I typed but you misread :roll:
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Okay, here's the lastest version of hermit's 8 Almalexia cells, populated with plants and all. It's not yet finished, just posting an update so you people can have a look at it. Almost all changes have been done to the wilderness; the city hasn't been changed except for some fixed floaters and the park, which isn't nearly finished (I will likely completely redo it in the near future).
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Walt[FT]

Post by Walt[FT] »

I' very sorry, long time ago i maked any experimentto replace Mournhold to exterior cell so i have any new meches from it the esp have been lost but there are any screen :) i hope it come in handy
PS (sorry for my eng) :?
Lost in a dream
I'm under spell
of this sunny magic LAND!
(Rhapsody about our project. he-he)
we SHALL HAVE PEACE!!! (Teoden of Rohan)
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

We had MH as an exterior from the beginning, but we decided to scrap the exterior-MH idea since it messes up a lot of things in Tribunal, and will disable all other plugins made for Mournhold.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

We should make it a bolton!
Walt[FT]

Post by Walt[FT] »

Sorry i don't understand what is bolton
but "early or later"Central Mournhold go to exterior :?
it's very important to "open the Mournhold gate"
that idea, i think, come to all of TRmembers
I think, if you will'nt try- anybody do it.
If you want, I'll try :? :roll:
Lost in a dream
I'm under spell
of this sunny magic LAND!
(Rhapsody about our project. he-he)
we SHALL HAVE PEACE!!! (Teoden of Rohan)
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Walt, we already linked the city of almalexia to mournhold's interior. We have the "shell" (everything except NPC's, lighting, and doors) of mournhold outside, and the cells mournhold is in disallow levitation- And, I think, there is also a script that makes your acrobatics 0 when you are near it too, but not sure. So basically, we have already solved the mournhold issue, and need no further help on it as far as I know. However, feel free to do interiors for almalexia when they come around!
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Believe us, the plan from the beginning was to make Mournhold as such a big part as possible. But new facts to evaluate always came up, and in the end, the best we decided we could do was to unlock the gates after the almalexia quest is finished. Because, you shouldn't have access to Mournhold before the dark brother hood has assaulted you and all that since if you enter Mournhold before that storyline has started, you will still get dialouges where you can speak about the assassinations before the actually have happened, if you get my drift.

So no, not even the main gates will be open from the beginning. Eventually later on.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

After all, otherwise that teleport mage in Ebonheart would be pretty pointless, wouldn't she? Why sneaky teleportation if you can just walk into the city? I also think that, if we open the gates only according to the events inTribunal, we tie TR in nicely with the original game and plugins, making it seem all the more seamless. :)
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, the island is still sealed off. that's the only reason for the mage to be there..
We could unlock the gate after the brotherhood have assaulted you..
Rishanor

Post by Rishanor »

Then unlock the gate after Dagoth Ur has been killed.....since he appears to be the source of the blight, is it not?
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

??? We are talking about tribunal, not the original morrowind game.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

sirwootalot, it is because of the Blight that Almalexia claims to have sealed Mournhold, isn't it? But, I agree, it should coincide with the Tribunal MQ, as Tribunal was intended by the devs to be played after completng MW's main quest.
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I see... I missed that bit, as I worked for helseth in tribunal. Good idea. I thought the gates were locked because of the fact that a bunch of important people live in mournhold - but the blight thing makes more sense.
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

Just had a look on the last file.

I feel really proud of you guys.
It's a great city.
It turned out nicely.

Thought about something fitting and great to say.
But I couldn't figure out anything.
So I just hope the rest of the Morrowind community get to see this when it's done.
It's nothing quite like it out there.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Thanks fr the compliments.

I urgently need to upload the new lastest version, by the way. The wilderness is now mostly done, too. Hope it will fit well with the project. Will do so today evening. I'm at university right now.
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Hurrah! I thought this project had hit the wall there :P

Anyways, since STH has been absent for quite a while, I'd say that his part of the wilderness should be opened up for us to finish, if that isn't included in the file you made already.

Could you include *all* new models and textures in this version you're going to upload? I know I'm missing some them atleast ;) If this project is getting back on track, then I'm going to put some effort into bugchecking and improving the main city.
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

can you tell me how close you are to finishing the city S I know whemn we will have to open the interiors.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

man each one of these interiors is gonna be like claiming 4 interiors, especially the 4 story giant ones... so arcadea you should consider that when handing them out, if someone asks for like 5 of em
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Legolas55

Post by Legolas55 »

I can't wait until interiors are ready. I love using Almalexia architecture :) .
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

We would like to be entirely satisfied with the city before any interior claiming can start. We want to have our options open: Wouldn't be good if interiorclaiming started and we noticed that a building shouldn't be there...
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

I also think that Mournhold style interiors look cool. I think I want to get in on a few of the interiors here when it is open as well.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Guys, I just looked around the wilderness in-game, and...
WHAT IS WITH THE PLANTS??
Why are they AI, and not the style ACTUALLY IN THE CITY?
Sorry if that sounded pissy, but seriously- we need to use the MH plants for the wilderness! NOT AI (although ai trees mixed in might do).
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

MH plants along isn't enough to build a whole set of flora. If you take a look in the latest version not uploaded yet (muha) you'll notice the MH plants all around the wilderness. The AI style was used in some areas to better merge with surrounding claims that has made use of this texture set.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

aaaah(relieved-sounding, not screaming). I see. I have found that it is good to mix them with the southern MW trees (dunno who) made and AI trees; This is what I have done in AI regions to make them distinct from vvardenfell.
Legolas55

Post by Legolas55 »

Hey, I was wondering if I could have some of the Almalexia meshes again. I lost them a few days ago, and I need them to continue my claim. I need the indoril towers, almalexia statue, indoril gate, indoril rope, and all indoril stairs. I'm sorry to bother you, but I can't find the meshes anywhere else. Thanks :) .
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

I had hoped Hermit could make a model-pack. He has a lot more models then I do :P