Books of Tamriel

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

good stuff, couple grammer issues, also you say they were running easily at 3 times a humans walk... thats not too fast hehe, might wanna fix that

Keep it up :)
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

How fast/slow should I change it too? I'm not very good at comparing human and werewolf speeds :)
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

well a walk is slow, a human can run 3 times faster than he walks easy... I would simply change it from a human's walk to a human's pace

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

a werewolf, since it propells itself like all four legged animals, would run around 5-7 times faster than a human can walk, considering its strength and its body distribution, which is all out of wack for wolves
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i could write books,quests, anything you want me to do. Just give me something to do!
:D
Garland

Post by Garland »

Don't expect shakespeare, but here's a little fable about old keep. It's sort of an unsolved mystery.(feel free to post edited versions, I'm not too happy with my skeelz..heh)

The Last Stand

By Llanurak Rivul

"Brace the gates!" Lloronin, a battle-torn commander, bellowed to his diminishing mass of troops, as they defended the keep from the seemingly endless hoardes of goblin warriors.

The beasts had been sieging upon the fort for days, no mortal army could stand against this strength forever, and certainly not the "army" of sixteen at Ald Mar. They had summoned all the might that they had in them, but it was a losing battle. Each minute seemed to last forever, dawn would bring fresh troops from Tear, but it was doubtful that they would survive until then. No one could let the fear of death enter their mind, for that fear would mean certain defeat.

"They've broken through!" a soldier cried as the disgusting vermin, wet from the rain, rushed into the fortress. His voice was almost lost amongst the shrieks of the deadly sea of goblin footsoldiers. No such army existed in this mortal plane, it could only have been summoned from the land of the daedra, Oblivion.

"Retreat!" decried the captain, in horror over what might happen should they lose. The troops fell back, and scaled the stairs of the keep, swifter on their feet than the clumsy goblins, they made it to the top fast enough to bar the door before the goblins reached it. Five of the soldiers put thier strength into keeping that door from breaking. They knew that the door wouldn't hold for long, but they couldn't give up, for honor was more important than anything. The other eleven soldiers, skilled in archery, drew their bows and opened fire.

Lloronin glanced across the horizon, he couldn't see anything but goblins. He had known that the army was huge, but he never imagined that it was this large. Suddenly, he felt very weak, his armor was heavy, he couldn't move anymore. A hand touched his shoulder.

A voice echoed from somewhere deep, he could not understand the language. Lloronin gathered all the strength he could find inside of himself. He reached for his sword, an ancient sword, called "Firebane" in the tounges of men, it's creator had a much darker name for it's shadowy blade, however.

He slashed at the dark figure behind him His sword stopped halfway, as if grabbed by some unseen force. Suddenly, the handle became firey hot. Lloronin tossed the sword away and recoiled in pain.

"Fapra upai yjomi upier eras lupim eojj fargurmaf ulapu?" the dark figure before him asked. Lloronin tried to speak, but no sound came to his voice. It was quiet, too quiet. Lloronin turned, the army had stopped, time had seemingly stopped. He turned to his right, he saw several arrows stopped in flight. He turned back around, the rain had stopped.

"Ejup siuur upai?" Lloronin asked the dark figure, he spoke in the same arcane language that the figure before him had before. He did not know the language, but it came out of his mouth. It scared him at first, but he proceeded to speak. It had now stopped as well, Lloronin stood alone now, it was too quiet.

He lay there for what seemed like an eternity, mumbling to himself. He knew that he must be going mad. He stood up swiftly, "O eojj lojj upai!" he taunted the figure.

"Mantrilas!" the figure shrieked, as it suddenly came back to life. With a swift movement, it stabbed Lloronin with it's black weapon. He fell to the ground.

When the reinforcements from Tear arrived, they found little evidence of a battle, only an empty castle, they found only one body. It was pale, as if it had been drained of blood. There was still a sword imbedded in his chest. The troops burned the body, and reported to their captain in Tear that the man had killed himself.

Publisher's note: The mystery of what really happened has never been solved, this is only one possible explanation.
claims:
4-21 - completed
5-12 - completed
Janus

Post by Janus »

Not much, but a little. :wink:

***The Imperial Legion on Vvardenfell***
***Informations collected by Janus***

General Informations:

The most disciplined and effective military force in history, the Imperial Legions preserve the peace and rule of law in the Empire. The legions have garrisons in the major settlements of Vvardenfell, but the units mostly serve as guards to enforce the law in Morrowind. The legions hire qualified recruits of proven skill and character, and provide training, goods, and services at discounts. The lower ranks are common troopers and officers, but the upper ranks include the orders of the Imperial knights.

Forts of the Legion:

1. Fort Moonmoth next to Balmora
2. Fort Pelagiad in Pelagiad
3. Fort Hawkmoth in Ebonheart
4. Fort Buckmoth next to Ald'ruhn
5. Fort Darius in Gnisis
6. Wolverine Hall in Sadrith Mora

Important Members:

Varus Vantinius, Knight of the imperial Dragon, Ebonheart, Grand Council
Cavortius Albuttian, Knight of the Garland, Ebonheart, Imperial Guard Garrison
Angoril, Knight Protector, Pelagiad, Fort Pelagiad
Frald the White, Knight Protector, Ebonheart, Hawkmoth Legion Garrison
Darius, Knight Protector, Gnisis, Madach Tradehouse
Imsin the Dreamer, Knight Protector, Fort Buckmoth Legion Fort, Interior
Radd Hard-Heart, Knight Protector, Moonmoth Legion Fort, Interior

Rankings of the Legion:

***Soldiers***

1. Recruit
2. Spearman
3. Trooper
4. Agent
5. Champion

***Knights***

6. Knight Errant
7. Knight Bachelor
8. Knight Protector
9. Knight of the Garland
10. Knight of the imperial Dragon
TES-Oblivion.de
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hm, sounds good.
The "army" should be replaced by an "army"
The history, perhaps it could be changed that the indoril was defending and it was recieving troops form another nearby indoril garrison and dres sorta took over :roll:
Garland

Post by Garland »

Hmm..not so sure why indoril would live in dres architecture...

Anyway, is it possible for me to make a compilation plugin with all of the books here? Or is one already done. (That doesn't have every other object in the world. :P)

I see that this has been compiled before, but how recently?
claims:
4-21 - completed
5-12 - completed
sroper

Post by sroper »

Has anyone transcribed "A Pocket Guide to the Empire" from the Redguard manual? Should it be transcribed? I think without the sidebars and notes it might be ok as an uncommon centuries old propaganda booklet that some collector wants (it was written durring Tiber Septim's reign). The only problem is it's called a "pocket guide" and it will be one of the longest books in the game! Of course we would also need to clear it with Bethesda first, and I'm not sure how responsive they are.
-S. Roper
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

Geowulf is working on the pluggin he is very busy with bal oyra right now.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Garland wrote:Hmm..not so sure why indoril would live in dres architecture...

Anyway, is it possible for me to make a compilation plugin with all of the books here? Or is one already done. (That doesn't have every other object in the world. :P)

I see that this has been compiled before, but how recently?
Well, the dres razed the city and build a new :wink:
Garland

Post by Garland »

Please don't add my book to BoT yet. It's not done. I have rewritten it. Don't add it until I say that you can, or something...

The Last Stand

By Llanurak Rivul

Lyrin began to feel success slipping away with every passing minute. He knew the strong stone of the fort would hold, perhaps beyond the strength of his men. He couldn't remember how long they had been holding off the beasts. Had it been only an hour, or had several days passed? "War can turn men into monsters...", he had heard once, it seemed as if those loyal to him might soon lose faith. The faces of his men were cringing with pain, they had reached the ends of their own endurance. "Don't give up", he told them, though he knew that wouldn't help them. He headed towards the door, he could hold them, his men could rest.

The last ounce of strength that his men had trickled away, and the gates blasted open. The twisted evil beasts poured into the tower like a deadly black sea. "Retreat!" Lyrin cried to his men. They held off the beasts as best they could, while swiftly scaling the spiral staircase leading to the top of the keep. They shut the doors at the top, keeping the beasts at bay for a time. They switched places with the archers, upon the command of Lyrin, picking off the verminous creatures one by one.

Lyrin surveyed the opposing forces from the highest point of the tower. He climbed the stairs up to the top of a large spire sticking from the top floor of the tower. He could see little through the thick fog that blanketed the ground around the keep, just shadows of movement. The reinforcements from Tear would arrive at dawn, then they might have a fighting chance. He knew that this dark army was the work of a evil summoner, there hadn't been any large goblin armies seen since the beginning of the 3rd age.

Suddenly, Lyrin felt a sharp twinge of pain through his head, his nose began to bleed. His armor was heavy on his shoulders. He dropped to his knees in pain. He could feel his heart beating strongly. It was loud, he could hear it over the battle. "The battle!" he thought, he pulled himself up to see that his men had stopped moving. He stumbled down the stairs to see why they had stopped. "What are you doing!?" he yelled at them. They didn't respond or even look at him. They were as motionless as statues. Lyrin glanced out over the battlefield. There were several arrows floating in mid-flight. He felt an arm on his shoulder.

Lyrin reached to draw his sword, but it wasn't there. He swirled around to see a tall man, his face had a black cloth wrapped around it. "Who are you?" Lyrin asked. The man didn't respond, he remained silent. He payed no attention to Lyrin and walked over to the edge of the castle. Lyrin noticed that the man had taken the sword that he had reached for. The man climbed onto the small ledge around the keep. Lyrin rushed over to him. "What are you doing, what is this?" Lyrin demanded of the dark figure, now standing on the precarious ledge.

The man jumped backwards from the ledge and grabbed Lyrins hand. Lyrin almost fell off, but gained enough strength to begin to pull the man up. The man removed the cloth from his face. The man had the same face as Lyrin. Lyrin was shocked, and let go of the man, but the man gripped tightly to Lyrin's arm. The man opened his eyes. "Who are you?" the man asked, and stabbed Lyrin. Lyrin recoiled in pain, dropping the man to his doom. Lyrin fell to the floor, he saw that he was lying in some matted grass. He looked at the sun, and then closed his eyes, as everything faded away.

The crickets chirped loudly on that sunny morning. A man from Tear was traveling to Narsis along the south side of the Andaram Lake. While looking around, he saw a crippled naked body huddled under a rock beside the road, still grasping the dagger with which he had killed himself.
claims:
4-21 - completed
5-12 - completed
Janus

Post by Janus »

***Saints of the Temple***
***Informations Collected by Janus***

Saint Aralor:

Saint Aralor the Penitent is the patron of Tanners and Miners. This foul criminal repented his sins, and to prove his repentance, he completed a circuit of the great pilgrimages on his knees.

Saint Delyn:

Saint Delyn the Wise is the patron of Potters and Glassmakers. Saint Delyn was head of House Indoril, a skilled lawyer, and author of many tomes on Tribunal law and custom.

Saint Felms:

Saint Felms the Bold is the patron of Butchers and Fishmongers. This cruel warlord killed many Nord infidels who deserved killing. He couldn't read or write, but received inspiration directly from the voice of Blessed Almalexia in his head.

Saint Llothis:

Saint Llothis the Pious is the patron of Tailors and Dyers. Companion of the Tribunals and greatest Alma Rula of the Tribunal Temple, he formulated the central rituals and principles of the New Temple Faith. Saint Llothis is the symbolic bridge between the gods and the faithful, and the model of the Temple priest.

Saint Meris:

Saint Meris the Peacemaker is the patron of Farmers and Laborers. As a girl, Saint Meris showed healing gifts, and trained as a Healer. She marched across battlefields with her followers dressed in white robes, healing warriors and wizards on both sides without discrimination. Great House troops adopted white robes as her standard, and disobeyed orders to fight.

Saint Nerevar:

Saint Nerevar the Captain is the patron of Warriors and Statesmen. He united the Dunmer tribes into a great nation, but died leading the Dunmer to victory against the evil Dwemer and the traitorous House Dagoth at the Battle of Red Mountain.

Saint Olms:

Saint Olms the Just is the patron of Chandlers and Clerks. Founder of the Ordinators, Saint Olms conceived and articulated the Inquisitorial principles of testing, ordeal, and forced repentance.

Saint Rilms:

Saint Rilms the Barefooted is the patron of Pilgrims and Beggars. This rich noble gave away her shoes, then dressed and appeared as a beggar to better acquaint herself with the poor.

Saint Roris:

Saint Roris the Martyr is the patron of Furnishers and Caravaners. Captured by Argonians before the Arnesian War, Roris refused to renounce the Tribunal faith, and was tortured and martyred. Vengeance for the Saint Roris was a rallying cry of the Arnesian War.

Saint Seryn:

Saint Seryn the Merciful is the patron of Brewers, Bakers, and Distillers. This pure but less-than-handsome virgin could heal all diseases at the price of taking the disease upon herself. Tough as a guar, she lived to a ripe and sprightly old age.

Saint Veloth:

Saint Veloth taught the difference between the Good and Bad Daedra, and won the aid of the Good Daedra for his people while teaching how to deal with the Bad Daedra.
TES-Oblivion.de
Skurvy

Post by Skurvy »

Im fairly sure theres already a book explaining the Dunmer Saints in Morrowind, no??

Skurvy
Garland

Post by Garland »

I think it was called. "Lives of the Saints"...
claims:
4-21 - completed
5-12 - completed
Janus

Post by Janus »

You're right. I'm playing Morrowind for over two Years now, and I haven't noticed this book. ^^
TES-Oblivion.de
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Anyway, how about making a book out od each saint's life? :)
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
xx_chromosome

i know its late... but

Post by xx_chromosome »

(repost)

i know i am like way back behind... but just thought gonna throw in my ideas anyway.
there are just too much grammar errors to be published anyway. but i was hoping that to put out some ideas maybe someone might take over -- given that its a good idea ;P

for those who had forgotten what idea i've had. is just a book on how to do fireballs. and suggestions were given that perhaps reading such book upgrades on casting magic or some other attributes.
it is still a first edition. so many are prompt to be changed...

please do C&C ,, thank you!!
Attachments
fireballology.txt
(8.12 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
conquest.txt
(4.57 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
av01d

Post by av01d »

is there anyone to proof read all of these books??
if not i volunteer
"Um, I already gave my best"
"And that I have no regrets at all"

Lore: http://www.williamhung.net/
Skurvy

Post by Skurvy »

PM Geowulf if you want to edit for Books of Tamriel - im not sure how many of us editors are currently active but im sure we could always use more :P

Skurvy
Garland

Post by Garland »

Alright, you can go ahead and add my book to BoT.
claims:
4-21 - completed
5-12 - completed
xx_chromosome

Post by xx_chromosome »

can someone edit mine?

just realized that my file is a jumbled up...
but i can't seem to fix it
Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

Hello all,

I got a little distracted from TR the past couple of weeks (you could say I kinda took a break) but will work further on the Books of Tamriel and Bal Oyra next week. Seems like I've got a lot of things to catch up with. Don't worry, all your questions will be answered.
Read the Books of Tamriel @ http://geowulf.tamriel-rebuilt.org

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
- Bosmora, warehouse and indoor market
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
av01d

Post by av01d »

hmmm... i was just looking through the BoT download a while ago... and ive gotta say that there are LOADS of spelling and punctuation errors in that file... there was this one that had lik 20 capital letters after commas

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

you should find exactly where it is, and bring it up to geowulf

Also, i think geowulf needs help in reading through stuff for proof reading and also for lore reasons.... sooo maybe you should offer your help to him

Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

av01d, in what book did you see these errors?

I'm also playing with the idea of putting all (finished and unfinished) books of Tamriel on a simple website for all to read and proof-read. Lore-issues could be found easilly this way. Anyone willing to help could then look at these pages and post comments in these threads.

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

I'll help you geowulf if you set that up, I'll read through each one in my spare time

av01d

Post by av01d »

A Scholar's Guide to Nymphs
By Vondham Barres

"Nymphs look like beautiful, naked women who skip along tra-la-la and like to have indiscriminate sex. What could they have to say that would be of any interest?"

From my centralized location in the Imperial City, I found it easy to send word around to several well-known temples and guilds devoted to study in all the provinces.

His current whereabouts are unknown.

Broken Diamonds
By Ryston Baylor

I remember as a young lad in Glenumbra Moors my first Broken Diamonds holiday.

I began to understand both why our ancestors chose it as the anthem for the great injustice of the murder of Kintyra II and the sorrow that still pervades Glenumbra Moors since that dark morn.

The Sephavre Souls of our fathers, suffer deeply,

The Healer's Tale

And unless Stendarr chooses to be merciful to you, you will pass from this existence. I am sorry, my child."

The Arrowshot Woman

My friend's friend, Terron, was visiting the Elsweyr city state of Riverhold during a very hot summer and went to the marketplace there.

Apparently, in the heat of the day, a jar of barley dough had exploded with the twang of an arrowshot and struck the woman in the back of her head.

The Epic of the Grey Falcon
By Anido Jhone, editor

this one has LOADS of punctuation errors... lotsa capital letters after commas

As uncovered and translated by Anido Jhone, Royal Archaeologist, from an ancient tome:

This tale comes from sometime in the 2nd Era, most probably after the time of the Knahaten Flu, or at least I have so surmised due to reasons in the text. Whether or not the tale is true, it remains an interesting story of survival. The reader will, I trust, forgive me if I translated the epic somewhat informally. The message, I think, is universal, and should not be misread. Enjoy gentle reader.

A.J.J.

The Grey Falcon, a small warship of the Summerset Isle, Was patrolling deep in the ocean for a pirate that had been looting the coast. The first three weeks out were uneventful. Two hours after sunset, on the 22nd day out of port, the lookout spotted a top of a sail in the moonlight just on the horizon. "Sail! To starboard, forward quarter!" The lookout of the Grey Falcon cried. The crew and captain of the Grey Falcon were quickly roused, And stumbled to the deck. "'Tis the ship we're looking for, Captain," said the lookout.

"All hands to battle stations! All archers to their posts," The Captain yelled, "Full ahead!" The two ships closed, and a dark figure stepped out onto the forecastle of the pirate ship. The figure made a gesture with his hands, and a giant ball of fire streaked towards the Grey Falcon. The ball of fire struck the Grey Falcon in her sails, quickly catching them aflame.

The figure made another gesture. Large bolts of ice streaked out from his hands, and hit the Grey Falcon just above and below the water line, gouging large holes in her hull. The Grey Falcon was mortally wounded. The Captain cried, "All hands abandon shi-" As he was cut off by a pirate's arrow shot into his throat.

As the Grey Falcon, aflame and listing badly, plunged into the sea, one of her sailors, Darik Seaspit, managed to avoid the pirate arrows and spells to make his way to a lifeboat, and lowered it into the darkness below. Just as the lifeboat entered the water, a quick grey shape jumped into it. Darik looked, and saw it was Helnor Snarlsbane, A Khajiit mercenary assigned to the ship. The two rowed the small boat away as the Grey Falcon finished her descent into the sea. In the darkness, the Pirate ship missed their small craft. After the two rowed well out of the pirates’ possible view, they both collapsed from exhaustion.

Early morning the next day, they took an inventory of the lifeboats stores. Normally the lifeboat carries enough food and water to supply seven people for at least ten days. In place of the food, though, Helnor found a note: "The food in this lifeboat was found to be in violation of Summerset Navy regulation during inspection. In accordance to that article, the food was taken away and destroyed. A replacement may be obtained by redeeming this letter at the Port Supply Office. Signed, Lt. Inspector Windhollow" Helnor read aloud.

Said Darik, to his Khajiit Companion, "We have plenty of water, but we are out of food. I don't know what we're going to do. I suppose we could try fishing, but we have no bait. "There's no chance we can make it back to land before we starve to death - 'twill be over a month in this craft" "Wait, I have an idea" said Helnor, with a gleam in his catlike eye.

Six weeks later, the lifeboat entered the port of Corwich. As it was tethered to the dock, a solitary figure was pulled out, looking weather beaten and thin. One of the dock workers peered into the life raft, after the figure was taken away to the port healer for treatment. "Hmm, what's this", a worker said to himself, as he picked up a large bone from the boat, A bone bleached white by the sun.

After the sole survivor of the Grey Falcon recovered from his ordeal, He was taken to the inquest for the death of Darik Seaspit, and placed on a chair before the magistrate. "We here in High Rock have a dim view of cannibalism. You'd better have a good reason for your actions," The inquisitor boomed at Helnor Snarlsbane.

"By the Lady, do you?" Helnor stood, and said, "Your Honor, I had no choice. There was no food, and it was at least two months to the closest port. We both decided this was the only way someone would make it" "Well, then, I suppose that is understandable, If somewhat distasteful," the inquisitor said. "You think it was distasteful?" Helnor muttered to himself, "I didn't have any seasoning."

"One final thing, Mr. Snarlsbane, How was it decided that you would be the one that would dine on the other? The toss of a coin?" Helnor drew himself up and said, "Your honor, it was very simple. Darik Seaspit was a vegetarian" "Case dismissed!"

Ius, Animal God
By Buljursoma

Ever since that day Ius The Extremely Agitated, has always been portrayed as carrying a large set of scales with him. The local Ius worshippers have no idea why and do not seem to care. Although this story has been called fanciful at best, I personally know a raccoon who had actually talked to The Ox. That is, before the Ox became filler for the local inn's larder. I do not have any information one way or the other about the validity of this second myth. It is, however, quite traditional.

Lady Greelina saw her father despairing at the loss the town was suffering, so she brought her wombat in and told him,

The Asylum Ball
By Waughin Jarth

The asylum my great great uncle worked in was apparently very posh. Only the right classes of lunatics were admitted.

A pit had to be constructed to house the orchestra; servants for cooking and serving the food had to be hired; gold and ebony candelabras and matching chandeliers were ordered;

At ten thirty, the Emperor called for some food and wine, and sat at his throne, looking at the open door, eating. Thirty minutes later, he ordered the orchestra to begin playing. For the next three hours, they played gaily for the empty, candlelit ballroom. At one o'clock, the Emperor announced his intention to retire for the evening. My uncle was one of the warders who assisted His Terrible Majesty up the staircase. Halfway to his room, Pelagius threw himself on the floor in hysteria, screaming and laughing, ordering more wine (my mother was good at this part of the story, rolling her eyes and shrieking, "More wine! More wine! Wine!"), and, in short, imagining that he was possessed by all the revelers at his party that never was.

Mara's Tear
By Zhen

im not too sure about how races are refered to..but i think that they ought to be capitalized. this book uses orc instead of Orc.

Long, long ago, long before your grandmother and I were born, long ago,

The Legend of Lovers Lament
By Croll Baumoval

As the night wears on and the planet's satellites move across the heavens, a faint glow appears near the castle.

and this is as far as ive got.

av01d

Post by av01d »

need someone to make a site for all the books? i can help

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

OK I'm new here, so I just made a book. Its got this guy (a High Elf) who has written about the alcohols of Morrowind.
I've proof read it twice, but there's always something you can miss!

Dex
Attachments
TR_MorAlcBk.esp
My book on Morrowind Alcohol. You can find one in Vivec, Hidden Area on one of the beds. If you can't be bothered just look in the editor
(8.42 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Avoid did you just error check all the daggerfall books?
av01d

Post by av01d »

erm.. those are daggerfall books??

i thought those books were by the members?
i just checked a few in alphabetical order...
and there were a pretty number of mistakes here and there...

or issit meant to be like that as we dont wanna change the stuff from daggerfall?

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

if anyone needs me as a spellchecker(not an editor) or a grammarchecker, I can do that for them, just pm me
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
xx_chromosome

Post by xx_chromosome »

i'll be updating my fireballology soon again. got lots of stuff to change and perhaps some artwork in the pressurepoints and 'fireball firing' !!
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

Kinda silly. Change the name Aszir to Assir to give it a more Dunmeri feel (I'm too lazy myself). The name Kevaar could be changed to, but make sure its two syllables. It would also probably be a name from a race outside of Morrowind for the mention of outlander animals like mare and bear. Anyway, tell me what you think.

The Ballad at the Ball

Aszir was frantic; nothing was clean.
And round he scrubbed the stage.
Kevaar just watched, his interest piqued.
"Why are you in such a rampage?"

Aszir stopped, with his breathing heavy.
"Did you not know? The ball is tonight!
I've got to get ready for here it is held.
And nothing is done, what a plight!"

Kevaar stood and scratched his head.
"Anything I could do to help?
I'm good at decor, as you very well know.
I could get out the ribbons and help."

"No, don't! Just tidy it up.
I must prepare for my sweet Cathay.
Just prepare the attires, will you?
And set the wine on some trays?"

"Cathay is little forthcoming nor sweet."
Muttered Kevaar, but wine he set.
And then to make costumes for all,
Gathered thread and shears to whet.

He sewed, he stitched, he glued and pricked,
Ticking off names as suits were made.
He added feathers and tiny gems
Found, he said, in the fruits of his trade.

Aszir strode in for his overcoat,
But was dismayed, as before him laid.
But what than a mask of ursine like!
A mask to wear at a masquerade!

Kevaar saw his face and asked,
â€Â￾Is something wrong? The sleeves too long?
Oh, that's no problem to fix.
You see, it is done! And the seams are strong.

"It is the way you sew them, see?
Sew them in a special way,
In bed they'll hold, you might need that.
And they should hold up to Cathay."

Kevaar grinned wide. Aszir went red.
Up he lurched, in hand Kevaar.
"No, wait! Let me explain! You see...
"It is fun to dance as guars!"

"You dress as animals to hide your face.
No one knows who you are in advance
And when it's done, you pull off your masks.
Then all will see with whom they danced!"

"Another thing's this, Aszir, my friend.
You wear what you are, in animal form.
Remember that girl? With her black hair in curls,
And the voice that was badly deformed?

"A crow for her! For you, a bear
With temper hot and raging."
"Enough! For this I did not ask!
Masquerade!" Aszir was raging.

Kevaar went on without a heed.
"There, a wolf for me to wear!"
"You need a clown, not wolf, Kevaar..."
"Here, for your Cathay, a mare."

Aszir went dark and spluttered more
Still, Kevaar kept on and said
"Fearsome bear and wild mare!
Oh, what a pair! A pair to wed."

"Kevaar! You swit! You know that
We only have minutes to dress?
I doubt that half of these will fit.
It will be such a big mess!"

"Oh, time is short, but long enough!
Do not fear, my good Aszir!
Smooth your hair and calm your mind.
For the guests will soon appear."

And so he dressed. Aszir sped out.
Greeting his guests as they came.
Surprised they were, but he assured
them all, cheeks hot with shame.

When all were ready, he began,
And the room began to whirl
The skirts were swishing, boots were clicking.
Light was dim and flashed on beryls.

Kevaar did dance, then went to watching.
Dancers went 'round the room.
He grinned at the bear paired off with the mare,
As their love began to bloom.

In twos, then threes, the pairs broke off.
Stopping for food and wine.
In pairs they settled by the stage.
Watching, kissing, hands entwined.

The night went on. Sleepy grew he.
Listening to the music's trills.
The ball would take a while to end;
For mare and bear were dancing still.

Kevaar was smiling. The guests were calm.
"Thanks," he thought, "I'll hear tonight."
The bear and mare slipped somewhere unseen.
Doubtless enjoying their flight.

The music was soft, the light retreated.
Guests headed home; it was late.
Kevaar kept on waiting; Aszir did not show.
He guessed he was enjoying his date.

But to Kevaar, Aszir came the next day.
Treating him with a hot glare.
“Kevaar, I thought that you said
It was Cathay behind that mare!

But who do I find? That black haired girl!
Though she was cute, I admit.â€Â￾
“Oh,â€Â￾ said Kevaar, concealing a grin.
“I’m sorry, but the crow wouldn’t fit!â€Â￾
Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

Ok, I've placed all Books of Tamriel on a website: [url]http://geowulf.tamriel-rebuilt.org[/url]. The text is converted directly from version 1.4. so what you see on the pages is what you see in game.

If you find any errors report them to me and I'll try to fix them as soon as possible.

I divided the books in two parts: official lore and Tamriel Rebuilt books. If you find lore-errors in the TR books report them as well.

Right now, the page is quite simple but eventually I plan on making this a 'TR Library' simmilar to the 'Imperial Library'.

@Kevaar: that's a nice ballad. Perfect for a bard. Didn't find any specific flaws yet.

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
Skurvy

Post by Skurvy »

Nice work Geowulf!! :P

Skurvy
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

Indeed great work, its nice to see all the works we have compiled in such a way (especially mine hehe)

Amphi

New writer

Post by Amphi »

I'm very interested in beginning to write lore based stories for this massive project. I've been lookin at past posts and most seem to be fictional stories. I think there should be some more history based stories. The Dunmer are a proud people, they would embrace their history faster than a fictional story I think. I'll begin writing after this week. (Finals take priority here :cry: ) I am looking forward to begin posting. Good luck to all the other writers!

~A