A rant on quills...

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

RaJevir

A rant on quills...

Post by RaJevir »

Just an idea, but for one of the Telvanni mages, there should be a magic quill bobbing gently up and down over their desk...
Hmm, or maybe we could do something with that quill in Feyfolken...like make it sit on a desk and scribble madly every so often, or make a dart weapon out of it....*quill see person...quill try KILL person...*
Last edited by RaJevir on Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Scrib specimen number two escaped from its pen today. Again. I shall have to find some other way to limit its mobility, as building higher walls seems to have little effect" -Mistress Rathra
SquallTM

Post by SquallTM »

I bet it would be easy to script. This starts to reming me of Harry Potter. Oh, gosh, no!
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

And put some mist around the floating quill?
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

Makes sense to me :) . Hehe, though with slow computers it might be a problem...save it for a tower that is a little boring and needs some spicing up on the items put around the room. And I think a desk near the quill would to the effect...SPOOKY

Sorry, did I say desk? I meant skull. I was think ing about a quill on a desk and then the quill bobbing in mid air and spooky blue mist and then--uh, yea.
Last edited by Kevaar on Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
SquallTM

Post by SquallTM »

Wanna see something spooky? Download my island and check out the cave system. It is spooky indeed :twisted:
RaJevir

Post by RaJevir »

The script wouldn't be any worse than the swinging signs and banners in towns.
"Scrib specimen number two escaped from its pen today. Again. I shall have to find some other way to limit its mobility, as building higher walls seems to have little effect" -Mistress Rathra
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I love it, and possibly have it going through the skull? And you'd have to pull it out the right way, say, if your luck was 50 or higher you'd do it right, if not then you'd mess up and get blasted by 25-50 points of fire ;)

I dunno, it would be extremely hard to do, but my guess is it's possible,

maybe as a seperate mod
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

So in one eye, the mage has his quill container, and the other eye is his ink well?
RaJevir

Post by RaJevir »

Wouldn't the ink spill out?
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

not if you place an ink well inside the eye and not just pour the ink in the eye socket....
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

I would think skull eye holes would also be good storage for scrolls...

So...you see this desk with all these skulls on it, some stacked on top of each other. Many would have all these papers sticking out of them--like pigeon holes! The Telvanni's version of those desks with all the compartments to store paper and such...
Last edited by Kevaar on Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaJevir

Post by RaJevir »

*wonders how on earth this thread (of all threads) got dug up again... :rolleyes: *

Would you cut the eye sockets out of the skulls or just use them intact? You'd also have to break off the back of the eye socket.
Skurvy

Post by Skurvy »

Shouldnt be very hard, the bones at the back of the eye socket are very weak, one swift jab with a dagger :D

Skurvy