Nature sound effects

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Nature sound effects

Post by prometheus »

there should be a very nice plugin out there that adds several kind of atmospheric effects .... from nice gentle rain sounds to the crikling of crikets to buzzes and so on all in the right places and that they change during the day like... morning there are a kind ... in the night there are others... and so on ... also in the towns there are other sounds so too... it would be nice anyway to have our own to be added all over the mainlands...

i would say that we should evitate sounds of horses and of normal animals becouse they are not in morrowind ....may be some more weird ones ...may be no bird sounds but similar .... or for some insects sounds ...dunno ...lets discuss it...
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

yeah, i don't remember the name of that plugin, but i tried it once and thought it was a good idea, but most of the sounds felt out-of-place and they were of VERY different quality. some would sound great, and others would, well, suck something awful. ;)

it seems to me we have a lot to gain from adding this to TR, and i'm just waiting for people to start coming up with ideas.

come to think of it, i think i have a bunch of sounds around here somewhere from Jurassic Park; they might be perfect for certain creature effects! :)

any suggestions? what creatures or monsters etc are we working on atm? are there any that would benefit from new sounds?
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

well apart that i would like to see new harmless creatures around like scribs and something else like crabs even little that could act like squirrels or birds but new voices ... may be is something that the creature meshers should do too...

anyway for example some sounds could be from the insects ... u do not have to see them but u can feel their presence for example near swamp pools u could hear the buzzling of mosquitoes... or may be in a praery in a nice day u could hear criklets....
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Here's something I'd like to see made in game : water drops sounds for cave interiors. I'm sure we will have the use of it. Actually, I would ...

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

yes right ... a lot of sounds can be added that could be made really as a new stage in the map developing like ..

land
interiors
sounds
creatures
npcs
quests
Totalwar site:

TR download website
dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

Water dropping in a cave... Now that wouldn't be too hard... I'll see what I can come up with! Hang on a few minutes... ;)
Teli

Post by Teli »

There are soooo many sounds I would like to hear ingame, like glasses clinging in taverns, the wind blowing etc. etc.
Pity I don't have a mic or else I could try to make something, but I'll see if I can find something on the internet.
dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

Here's what I could find; both files are loopable and with some nice reverberation to mimick the sound of a big cave. ;)

*file deleted - outdated.
Last edited by dragonfly on Wed May 05, 2004 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

I really like the dripping water one. Not too repetitive, so loopable indeed. The running water one would be maybe harder to use, maybe as a background sound.

I guess I'll use them in my next interior ( a cave underneath a swamp, the dripping sound is perfect for that). Thanks :).

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

The running water would be meant for underground streams, so if you have running water in your cave you could get a bit more reverberation than you would get from the sounds that are already available for water in-game. Makes it feel more natural. Glad you like them anyway. If you need anything else just ask! Same goes for everyone. ;)
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Any idea on how we can get a bunch of wierd insect or just odd noises for things like riverstriders, netch, ect?
Teli

Post by Teli »

Those samples were really good dragonfly! Did you make them, or did you find them on the internet?
dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

Teli wrote:Those samples were really good dragonfly! Did you make them, or did you find them on the internet?
I used sources from my 150 gigs collection of samples, cut them up and processed them with a bit of reverb. ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Not to spoil your work, dragon, but take a look at cave_drop00 :) Anyway, good work ;)
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Actually the mod's name was ASE (I'm talking about the mod prometheus was talking about).
And can anyone provide me with sound effects suitable for mages guild ? I don't know exactly what I want but... :roll:
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Great sounds.

I suggest we put sounds into an .esp with a Sound activator (and script in that case) already attached to the sound. This to prevent everybody running off using the sound in their claims, everybody creating different activators which leads to multiple activators all with the same sound. I have noticed the same problem is occuring with several .nif files, and I think we better prevent it before it all needs to be fixed at merging.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Just search the summit and cross out sounds in the search field, next download them and take all useful sounds out of them :)