Books of Tamriel

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I'm working on reading the stories. So far I have noticed only one flaw and that is Kevaar's Necklace story needs some punctuations help as it gets confusing as to who is talking at certain times. Also on Kevaar's corprus story who is the story written by. Is it supposed to be a biography to is it supposed to be ficticious.
(And would the tribunal ever let this book out?)

Also the slave rebellion books would definitally be banned in most areas.

On that note it may be a good idea to put in some very biased and just plain mean spirited books towards the other races. Such as bending a slave to your will a slavers guide, or the impious Imperial: a story about how necromancy can get the better of you. Other tales along those lines might be good to add to the list of books in morrowind.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

I always liked reading books obviously biased or writting by someone of a certain race, Dunmer in particular. I kind of want to add to this list as well so I might make something along those lines.

Another thing is there are certain books that we NEED to be made. For example most of the faction books from Imperial Guilds have mention to Guildhalls in Vvardenfell, we should make a new version of atleast the Fighters Guild Charter to be used in Fighters Guildhalls on the Mainland of Morrowind.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

I usually look for things in similar places, so maybe check out the other mages guilds. Also books owned by certian people can show you what kind of person they are. While you cant do the NPCs for your own interior claims till it is opened, hopefully if someone else gets it they will look for such things.

For example I added in my Fighters Guildhall claim to the master's room some Redoran style bonemold, plus many books written by Dunmer. This room would obviously be the room of a Redoran Dunmer who possibly has allowed the Fighter's Guild to make his Manor into a Guildhall, and is the master of the Hall. Just my idea of adding life, plus if I get the the NPC claim to it I can add even more special items.

Of course you will want:

Imperial Charter of the Guild of Mages(maybe newer version for mainland, needs to be made)

The Alchemist's Formulary - Anonymous
A set of recipes which would be useful to either the Healer, the Traveler, or the Adventurer. Approximately eleven recipes.

Incident in Necrom - Jonquilla Bothe
The story about an illusionist. This book increases the Illusion magic skill

The Final Lesson - Aegrothius Goth
Another lesson imparted by the Great Sage (from the Feyfolken books) to his students. This book raises your Enchant skill.

Breathing Water - Haliel Myrm
An amusing story. Reading it raises your Alteration skill.

The Art of War Magic - Zurin Arctus
A collection of instructionary phrases and thoughts, intended to help the reader become a better tactition and user of War Magic. Also contains commentary where necessary by "other learned masters"

Just to name a few dealing with Magic or the Mages guild.
xx_chromosome

Post by xx_chromosome »

attempting to write another book.. this time on spells and potions.

i guess it might be too late to make it an item. (but if its possible, it would be cool!) but i guess the book can maybe enchance on ability in
spell making or whatever attribute.

if its possible, can someone add the 'missing part' that i've left out? ie potion combinations, names. or combined spells from yourself or morrowind world.

thx!!!
Attachments
eternal urn.txt
potion making in a pot!!
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hey i'm new, i'd like to write some short stories and poems and such. Can I just post them here?
Walt[FT]

Post by Walt[FT] »

I'm sorry may we write the books about Arena quest and Battlespire :?: :)
[img]http://indoril.fullrest.ru/TES.jpg[/img]
Lost in a dream
I'm under spell
of this sunny magic LAND!
(Rhapsody about our project. he-he)
we SHALL HAVE PEACE!!! (Teoden of Rohan)
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

Yes and Yes.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Walt[FT]

Post by Walt[FT] »

So, we have 2 problems - text and illustration - text - yours one, illustration - my :wink: :D
Lost in a dream
I'm under spell
of this sunny magic LAND!
(Rhapsody about our project. he-he)
we SHALL HAVE PEACE!!! (Teoden of Rohan)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The Twin Lamps

Written by Lumas Libero

Long have the Argonians and the Khajiit experienced the scourge of slavery. These humble folk have for centuries been kidnapped and transported to Morrowind, where they are forced to work for the Dunmer and other resident people. Slavery is outlawed in all the other provinces except Morrowind, but why? Because that is where the racist Dunmer live.
The abolitionist movement first gained its momentum in 3E 399, and has since liberated many slaves. Many have joined our cause. In order to escape the watchful eyes of the Morrowind government, all members of the Twin Lamps operate secretly and will only reveal their association with the movement to other members.
Once slaves are liberated, the Twin Lamps take the slaves to undisclosed locations in Elsweyr and Black Marsh where they live out their lives in freedom. I am writing this while on my quest to liberate these oppressed peoples.
What does it take to be a member of the Twin Lamps? It takes compassion, courage, the ability to sneak in undetected, and willingness to stand up for your beliefs.
Citizens of the world of Tamriel, unite! Go into the mines, caves, slave markets, plantations, and all other places of enslavement and liberate! It is your duty to ensure we have a compassionate, respectful world!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Like my book???
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

hmmmm when you wrote this, did you intend it to be like a pamphlet? or like a book?
it seems good for a pamphlet, except that it tells everyone how to infiltrate the organization, and destroy it. I would either say choose to make it propaganda or a sectritive
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hey just entered the mixer so to speak and would like directions on which lore needs boned up on and where my mad writeeeerrr skills can be of usage. :shock:
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Hope you don't mind, but I wrote a one-off piece to my favourite creature in Morrowind... the guar :) Wondering if you could use it. I call it The Guarherds Art 8)

The Guarherd's Art

Written by Ralen Teneran

The guar is the most remarkable of all of Morrowind's unique wildlife, and their importance to Dunmer culture and society cannot be understated. The guar is the only animal which is truly ever domesticated or herded, and all over Morrowind I am pleased to see Dunmer today like our ancestors in the days of St. Velothi herding guar. But I am shocked to discover that in these shadowed years of the spineless Cyrodiils' rule we Dunmer have begun to forget how to properly herd our most important livestock. So to amend this abhoration of the glory of great Resdayn, I deliver to all Dunmer the waning knowledge of the art of guarherding.

Guar are cowardly creatures, and when domesticated become even more spineless. Today many Dunmer take to bringing in their herd by scaring them using ghastly and horrible screams, or by using command creature spells. I am sorry to tell these foolish Dunmer that those methods do not work. Guar are too intelligent to be controlled using command spells for long, and they are cowardly creatures and flee at sudden loud noises or the hasty arrival of a Dunmer. But there is hope for these guarherds, I will give you the three most effective means of controlling you guar. The first method is preferred by the barbaric Ashlanders of northern Vvardenfell and is to over time befriend your guar, first by feeding them from afar, and working slowly to feeding them out of your hand. This makes the guar affectionate towards you and will never stray too far, knowing that they can rely on you for food. The second method is also used commonly by the Ashlanders, but used by most (if not all) professional guardherds. Like the first method you give food to your guar, but while you do this you whistle or call a special word. Over time, the guar will believe that whenever you whistle or speak that word it is being fed, and will always coming running towards you. The third method is used by amateur or foreign guardherds, and it is to confine your guar by fences like which is done by the n'wahs to their flocks of weird creatures in the other lands of Tamriel. The last method is the worst, but it is useful for those too impatient to use the first two. The first two methods are however necessary in training your guar to perform specific tasks. To do so, make a special hand movement or say a certain word and reward your guar with food when they get it right.

The next important skill of guarherding is knowing what to feed them, or what they should eat. Guar are omnivorous creatures, so they eating both meat and plantlife. But it is not recommended that you feed a guar meat as it will undomesticate it, or it may run off to hunt prey. Guar do neat saltrice, fungi or kreshweed in the wild as they are poisonous to them, and you should not feed you guar these either lest they die or get ill. Marshmerrow and comberries are the favourite food of guar due to their sweet flavour. As such, it is best that you reserve these foods as a treat for your guar, to be fed on rare occasions to keep their loyalty. The best foods to feed them are bittergreen, wickwheat, trama root, fire fern and wild flowers are these are the plants they often eat in the wild, and they will get malnutrition if they do not eat enough of these (it is the lack of these plants in other provinces which have been the failure of attempts to spread the gaur afar).

Guar can be trained to perform many basic and menial tasks for their owner. Firstly, it is not uncommon to encounter guar caravans travelling from city to city across the lands of Morrowind. Pack guar as they are called can carry a weight much greater than their own once they have been specially trained and bred for the purpose. Wickwheat is the food which give the pack guar their strength. Once they have eaten correctly and have reach adulthood, guar are ready. A rope tied around their neck is used by part time caravaners, or those who need a large weight of goods taken a substantial distance. Professional caravaners on the other hand have trained their guar to obey their commands, and so do not use a rope. Guar if they have intensively been trained can even be rode in similar fashion as foreigners do to their own strange creatures; there are even stories of Ashlanders riding guar into battle. The guar however must be professionally trained for this purpose, and the skills needed for this are too numerous to be listed here. Other tasks a guar can be trained to do include: plowing fields, watching over or playing with children and towing carts.

Guar are also herded for the various products that can be made from them. Guar skin is in making waterproof clothing, making drums, and making the yurts the uncivilised Ashlanders dwell in. Guar meat is not tasty or filling, although it can be eaten if one is lost in the expansive ash wastes or mountainous regions. Guar bones are carved to make cutlery, tools and weapons. Guar innards are also abhorrently used by the Ashlanders to make clothes, water containers, musical instruments, string and are even eaten by them in soup.

By writing and publishing this book, it is my hope that we Dunmer regain the ancient art of guarherding as practiced for thousands of years by our sires. The Cyrodiils have often tried to erase the glorious and faultless culture of Morrowind and that when we reestablish some of our time-given customs, and guarherding had become so faulted by using the methods of the n'wahs that the guar is not as important as it once was, at our expense. The guar is a noble creature and I am devoting the rest of my life to ensuring that future generations continue to harness and nuture these wonderful beasts.
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

I recently had an idea for a potential book in Morrowind. However, I can think of several obstacles. However, if these can be overcome I'd be more than willing to write the book itself. I'm planning on writing at least a few books for TR this summer, so here's my idea:

Somewhere on the coast of the Morrowind mainland (bordering Vvardenfell, I mean) the PC finds a shipwreck. In the captain's cabin we find a skeleton, a bottle of ink on a table, a book, and letter. The letter, presumably written by the captain, makes it clear that he's a Cyrodiil scholar returning home after, perhaps, encountering a diseased Ashlander and bringing him back to health over a period of several weeks. During this phase he and the ashlander discussed many things. The scholar had a particular interest in the Nerevarine prophecies, however, and the book would relate to this. It was the rough draft of a book he was planning to publish in Cyrodiil.

I'm not sure if the book should be a completely incorrect interpretation of the prophecies or if it should instead be a book attempting to introduce the Nerevarine prophecies to the other provinces. I'm thinking the ship should likely be at least several hundred years old, as the Ashlander would know at least a little of the Seven Trials, which were lost (I think) by the time the Nerevarine spoke with Nabani Maesa. This would obviously raise issues concerning how the note and book survived, but we can most likely think something out.

I very well might have crossed a few lines of lore. I'm not a licensed expert, that's for sure. I do, however, feel I know considerably more about Morrowind than the average player and I'm familiar with at least some other aspects of Tamriel and all that. If there were any crosses with lore please inform me of this.

Apart from all that, what do you guys think?
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

The Nerevarine Cult is a Dunmer (except the PC) religion only. It doesn't make sense that Nords or Bosmer or whatever would be interested in Nerevar being reincarnated, defeating Dagoth Ur and one day leading the Dunmer to freedom from the empire. The idea I reckon is good though.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

vampires of any race are exceptions, mongoloid
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

In answer to mongoloid:

Yes, several dunmer (mostly ashlanders) are the only ones who believe the Nerevarine shall return. However, does that mean that everyone else doesn't bat an eye? It seems to me that it's a very interesting story, and at least a few scholars or elsewhere might have been interested.

However, the book isn't going to be widespread, of course. It would only be on the shipwreck.

Just my $.02
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

About the guar book. You may want to note that although the bittergreen plant is poisonous to humans Guar have no such problems when eating them.
(Also there are a few minor mistakes like "do neat")
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

@Garriath: I get now, but remember that both the Tribunal Temple AND the Empire have outlawed the Nerevarine Cult. And also make clear that not all of the Nerevarine prophesies are known.

@Assassinace: I know there are a tonne of spelling and grammatical errors. It was only a draft copy, and it did cover everything I wanted it to say. I'll work on it today.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I've gotten rid of all the bad grammar, spelling mistakes and the insanely long sentences. I also included the part about the poisonous plants. Here it is: (tell me if it's good or usable)

The Guarherd's Art

Written by Ralen Teneran

The guar is the most remarkable of all of Morrowind's unique wildlife, and their importance to Dunmer culture and society cannot be understated. The guar is the only animal that is truly domesticated or herded. Across Morrowind I am pleased to see Dunmer today herding guar, much like our ancestors in the days of St. Velothi. But I am shocked to discover that in these shadowed years of the spineless Cyrodiils' rule we Dunmer have begun to forget how to properly herd our most important livestock. So to amend this abhoration of the glory of great Resdayn, I deliver to all Dunmer the waning knowledge of the art of guarherding.

Guar are cowardly creatures, and when domesticated become even more spineless. Today many Dunmer take to bringing in their herd by scaring them using ghastly and horrible screams, or by using command creature spells. I am sorry to tell these foolish Dunmer that those methods do not work. Guar are too intelligent to be controlled using command spells for long and too cowardly so they flee at sudden loud noises or the hasty arrival of a Dunmer. But there is hope for these guarherds; I will give you the three most effective means of controlling you guar. The first method is preferred by the barbaric Ashlanders of northern Vvardenfell and is to over time befriend your guar, first by feeding them from afar, and working slowly to feeding them out of your hand. This makes the guar affectionate towards you and will never stray too far, knowing that they can rely on you for food. The second method is also used commonly by the Ashlanders, but used by most (if not all) professional guarherds. Like the first method you give food to your guar, but while you do this you whistle or call a special word. Over time, the guar will believe that whenever you whistle or speak that word it is being fed and will always come running towards you. The third method is used by amateur or foreign guardherds, and it is to confine your guar by fences like which is done by the n'wahs to their flocks of weird creatures in the other lands of Tamriel. The last method is the worst, but it is useful for those too impatient to use the first two. The first two methods are however necessary in training your guar to perform specific tasks. To do so, make a special hand movement or say a certain word and reward your guar with food when they get it right.

Another important skill of guarherding is being aware of what to feed them and what they should eat. Guars are omnivorous creatures, so they eating both meat and foliage. But it is not recommended that you feed your guar meat as it might run off to hunt prey. Guar do neat saltrice, fungi or kreshweed in the wild as they are poisonous to them, and you should not feed you guar these either lest they die or get ill. Marshmerrow and comberries are the favourite food of guar due to their sweet flavour. As such, it is best that you reserve these foods as a treat for your guar, to be fed on rare occasions to keep their loyalty. The best foods to feed them are bittergreen, wickwheat, trama root, fire fern and wild flowers (many of these are poisonous to mer but guar are resistant to the poisons) are these are the plants they often eat in the wild. In fact they will get malnutrition if they do not eat enough of these (it is the lack of these plants in other provinces which have been the failure of attempts to spread the gaur afar).

Guar can be trained to perform many basic and menial tasks for their owner. Firstly, it is not uncommon to encounter guar caravans travelling from city to city across the lands of Morrowind. Pack guar as they are called can carry a weight much greater than their own once they have been specially trained and bred for the purpose. Wickwheat is the food that gives the pack guar their strength. Once they have eaten correctly and have reach adulthood, your guar are ready. A rope tied around their neck is used by part time travelling merchants, or those who need a large weight of goods taken a substantial distance. Professional caravaners on the other hand have trained their guar to obey their commands, and so do not use a rope. Guar if they have intensively been trained can even be rode in similar fashion as foreigners do to their own strange creatures; there are even stories of Ashlanders riding guar into battle. The guar however must be professionally trained for this purpose, and the skills needed for this are too numerous to be listed here. Other tasks a guar can be trained to do include plowing fields, watching over or playing with children and towing carts.

Guar are herded for the various products that can be made from them. Guar skin is in making waterproof clothing, making drums, and making the yurts the uncivilised Ashlanders dwell in. Guar meat is not tasty or filling although it can be eaten if one is lost in the expansive ash wastes or mountainous regions. Guar bones are carved to make cutlery, tools and weapons. Guar innards are also abhorrently used by the Ashlanders to make clothes, water containers, musical instruments, and string and are even eaten by them in soup.

By writing and publishing this book, it is my hope that we Dunmer regain the ancient art of guarherding as practiced for thousands of years by our sires. The Cyrodiils have often tried to erase the glorious and faultless traditions of Morrowind so much that we Dunmer need to reestablish some of our time-given customs. Guarherding is one of these because it has become faulted by using the methods of the n'wahs that the guar is not herded as well as it once was, at our expense. The guar is a noble creature and I am devoting the rest of my life to ensuring that future generations continue to harness and nurture these wonderful beasts.
Last edited by Nomadic1 on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

I'm not sure how this thread works, as i haven't been following it.. but i was wondering if i could make a small suggestion on grammer.

Before
"The guar is the only animal that is truly ever domesticated or herded, and all over Morrowind I am pleased to see Dunmer today like our ancestors in the days of St. Velothi herding guar."

After
The guar is the only animal that is truly domesticated or herded. Across Morrowind I am pleased to see Dunmer today herding guar, much like our ancestors in the days of St. Velothi.

I like your book. Good work :)
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Thanks :) I'll edit that part. If there are any other changes to be made, tell me.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I am currently working on a series of books following a Wood Elf's escapade from his village to hunt a band of Ogrims who have captured the local healer of the village. I don't really have a name for it yet, but it fits in well with the Tamrielic Lore, from my perspective at least. I know we're working on Telvanni stuff, but for the Bosmer section I think it could work.

I currently have the ideas for three books, but I'm brainstorming ideas for some more so it becomes a series. How does that sound?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Oh, I also have an unrelated story (unrelated to my Bosmer series) that could work. It's quite a story of how the STORY was started actually. I have strung together different pieces of stuff from different games I have played and turned it into a story. I was actually going to make a movie based on it, but it's much too large a process.

The storyline is this: An Imperial from a small town (roughly the size of Balmora, but looking more like Pelegiad) is a woods guide. He guides locals from towns to another and does other such things. Basically he meets this one old man, who turns out to be a powerful prophet who has foreseen a great doom approaching. The only reason it won't fit that well within the Tamrielic Lore is that the people in the story follow prophecies, and everything religious and sacred revolves around prophecies. This one prophecy comes up that states that this woods guide must free the people from an evil necromancer/vampire. He basically goes and slays him and frees the people. I could change the religious aspect of it to make it fit within Tamrielic Lore so thats another book right there.
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

Question: Is it illegal to believe the Nerevarine prophecies or is it illegal to know about them, or spread what it's about? Or perhaps the scholar thought he could bypass the laws by keeping neutral (like Gallileo tried.)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think that according to the Temple and followers of the Tribunal that its illegal to believe in the Nerevarine Prophecy (or any Ashlander beliefs for that matter). It's not illegal to know about them, although those bloody Ordinators'll probably kill you for that anyway :twisted:
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

Ooooo.... Now it's all falling into place. The scholar finds out from his ashlander friend all about (within reason) the Nerevarine prophecies and begins to write a book on it. However, the Temple catches wind of this and the Ordinators intercept his ship as he's nearing the coast. Then the real Nerevarine finds it and discovers even more havoc he's caused :D .
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

The Empire also persecutes the Nerevarine Cult because it says that all foreigners will be driven from Morrowind. So another option is that one of his friends told the Imperial Legion what he was doing, and the Legion had him killed. Though the Temple and the Ordinators sounds better.
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

I think the Ordinators make more sense. I get the feeling that the Legion would just arrest him 'under treason and plotting against the emperor' or something like that, not storm his ship as it was landing and kill him. However, the Ordinators seem to have their own brand of justice, one that wouldn't think twice about murdering someone in their own ship to shut him up. Perhaps we could have a severed arm with an indoril bracer on it or something next to the scholar's skeleton (presumably holding a knife or imperial shortsword.)

Hopefully I'll write some/all of it today. First, I'm going to re-read all of the books on Nerevar (Nerevar Moon-and-Star, the Stranger, etc.)

G'bye.
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

I am currently working on some stories fit for taverns...as i think that some stories simply are meant for them...lively, non-sensical, the works...

-BM
PS: Hope this flies well with you all..if not just let me know...
Bringing back the old school
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

It isn't really illegal to believe in the Prophecies, but if you yourselve claim to be the Nerevarine then you would find yourself in trouble, as seen.

I doubt that the Ordinators or the Imperial Legion would have the scholar killed for writing the book, however the Temple would certainly ban the book, and possibly the Empire would as well.
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

geowulf you around??
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Last Logged In: 18 May 2004

so maybe he's on vacation.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

I am embarking on an attempt to create a series of books specifically centered upon amusement in such light-hearted places as taverns....the title of these books will be called A Guide to Moral Reasoning and will examine(bash or laud)every known orginization known to the general populous of Morrowind including gender, factions, houses, and miscellaneous topics (tribunal, temple, empire, etc.) in a comical fashion...as assumed, the author will be annonymous due to his/her safety and the critiqueing will be humorous although caustic in nature...

The series will be in a set of 4 books
I will get to work on it very soon

-BM

Comments?
Bringing back the old school
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

I like the idea, but still even if the Writer is annonymous he would have a hard time getting these books into Taverns and Inns, especially in the case of Morrowind if he/she bashes anything having to do with the Dunmer. Just something to keep in mind but I say go for it.
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Most likely, but there would still be booksellers selling it (although away from the Temple and any Great House stronghold), and no doubt there would be commoners or even wealty merchants with it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Here's my first story. Please, constructive criticism, I really want to help.

Hlaalu noble Falnu Illeni paced the poorly lighted room nervously.
“I know your there, Niin! Why don’t you come out so we can have our little chat?â€Â￾
A dark figure emerged from the shadows and walked slowly to the noble, who was now fidgeting, apparently frighten and relieved at seeing the cloaked man approaching him. The cloak the man wore stuck up in odd places, and it was no doubt he wore glass armor underneath. Nonetheless, he moved just as quietly.
“I see you House nobles are finally realizing that hiring us can be a dangerous business…â€Â￾ said the man in a low tone.
“Yes, well, it was very disconcerting when Heni was murdered last week.â€Â￾
“The Telvanni paid better. We don’t work solely for House Hlaalu you know.â€Â￾
“Yes, yes, I understand. Now, to business. I want Indoril master Ballam Oriom… removed. He is being very resistant in matter of releasing some land that would be particularly useful to me. I had hoped it wouldn’t come to this, but he is terribly stubborn.â€Â￾
“No need to lie… Everyone knows that House nobles will kill each other for less than that. It’s good for business. What do you think master Ballam’s head is worth?â€Â￾
“Six thousand septims.â€Â￾
“You Hlaalu are getting cheaper every day. I shall return later tonight… after visiting master Ballam.â€Â￾
“Good, good. I was starting to wonder if you would come, Niin, my messengers haven’t returned.â€Â￾
“They won’t be returning. I found your message on one of there bodies.â€Â￾
At that the assassin shrank back into the shadows, and the door shut.
Falnu shivered.

Near midnight, Niin returned. Falnu heard the door open and shut.
“Do you have the drakes?â€Â￾ came Niin’s voice from the shadows.
“Yes, all is in order.â€Â￾ He jingled a sack attached to his belt. “Ballam’s head?â€Â￾
There was no reply.
A split second later Falnu found himself on the floor with Niin’s dagger to his throat.
“The Indoril paid better. Just a little more gold, and you would have kept your life.â€Â￾
Falnu’s scream was cut short. In his dieing moment, he saw Niin bend over and take the sack from his belt.

Hope you liked it. Change the names if you want, I couldn't really think of good ones. If its too short, I have some more ideas for longer stories.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

A little question:

In our world, we have fiction that bends rules a little, like stuff that happens it that world wouldn't happen here. So could the world of Tamriel have that kind of stuff, stories that might bend the lore a little?
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

Accountants and Apartments.......... :lol:

Yinnie..
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

it depends. a lot.

and nice story but...it was too choppy. you used the line: the so and so paid better :too much. yes I know, you used it what, twice? thats once too many. and all you did was change the house. word it differently...like this:

6 thousand? even the indoril aren't cheap like that. A bit more and you would have had Ballam's head...oh well...there are plenty more where you both came from.