Deleted thread

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Terrez

3-15 Zenithar Channel Claim Update

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

I'm way overdue for a progress update on this claim. Thanks for the PM reminder, Seran!

Not too much progress for a while, with RL work interfering (still doing this damn data conversion - go-live should be by end of February).

Also, had a week off in mid-January, where we did a 3,000 km road trip to Canberra and back. I hadn't been to the national capital for a holiday since I was 12! (And it will probably be another 30 years before I intend to go back - too hot and too many flies.)

Anyhow, back to TR, I've finally been able to spend some time on the claim, with a couple more cells now completed, and I reckon I'm about 75% done, (25 out of 33 cells).

I'll still then need to tidy a few things up and smooth and clean the claim. I'd like to say it will be complete by the end of March, and I should achieve that if RL doesn't get in the way again.

Attached is a screen capture of a small dwarven ruin I've just added to cell 5,-31. It was going fine until TESCS crapped out on a land height error when saving, and I had to spend another hour or so fixing it up!

If you look carefully, in the background you can see the mountains continuing in Noirgrim's 6-9 claim (from the basic land mass version released a couple of weeks ago.) It shouldn't be too hard to match up our borders, when the time comes.

Cheers
Terrez.
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

Great Terrez.
Good to see you back.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Just a quick progress update. Unfortunately, not much done since last time. Still working on the Dwarven ruin in cell 5,-32. I wasn't happy with it, so I've changed it a bit more. Attached is a new screen capture.

I'll leave my completion meter at 75% still. Still aiming at finishing it off by the end of March, or at the latest over Easter.

Cheers
Terrez.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

looks good ...btw if u could have it ready even befoure would be great :lol:
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Just a quick update. Working on cell 7,-31, adding rocks and a cave entrance (see attachment).

Let's bump the old progress meter up to about 78%.

Cheers
Terrez.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hey Terrez. Looking good :)
You couldnt upload your latest esp so I could fix the ebonheart landscape to match :)`?

Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Here it is, BM.

Still needs a fair bit of smoothing and other finishing, but the land heights won't be changing much anymore - especially at the borders.

Cheers
Terrez.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

kinda rough elevation.. :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

you seem to miss a cell or is it me? What about 6, -21?
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

I agree, it can be a bit rough getting around the various alpha exteriors :wink: , but then, that's what we've got at the moment. As long as they're close enough so they can be reasonably easily matched/smoothed when the cleared alphas are merged into the Map 3 esp.

TZ :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

screen
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Another picture! your claims view to ebonheart
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Bladmand wrote:you seem to miss a cell or is it me? What about 6,-21?
Hi BM,

That cell is certainly still in my esp. Attached is the view from above in TESCS showing cells 5,-21 to 7,-22.

I've seen this kind of thing happen before. When I first d'lded the earlier Old Ebonheart and Dondril esp's, everything was fine between the 3 claims. (Though the land didn't quite line up.)

However, once I d'lded Noir's early 3-12 claim, and the land in the Old EH cell of 8,-20 disappeared!

I'm not sure what causes it, or how to get around it.

Cheers
TZ.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

@blad: that missing cell is exactly what happens when you don't clean your claim and leave a bit of land overlap into another claim. this piece of land will tell the game, that your mod also has landscape in this overlaping cell and thus the game will delete all other landscape but the one from latest-modified mod.

see picture, in yellow is the troublemaker
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Sorry, but this has to be a non-progress report. Too many hassles in RL at the moment. I hope to spend some more time on the claim next weekend, and then over Easter.

Cheers
Terrez.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi TR team,

It's been a while since my last report, and things haven't been getting any easier in RL since then. I got some work done on the claim over Easter, but not enough to write home about.

I expect to do some more this coming weekend, and I'll post a couple of new screenshots.

Cheers
Terrez.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

I know I haven't been active lately on the forums. I've had a number of RL issues to deal with - most notably changing jobs - and haven't had much time for TR.

However, I still intend to finish 3-15, and I WILL make some time this week to work on it. Watch this space for more screenies coming this weekend!

Cheers
Terrez.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Finally got a chance to work on the claim, a couple of hours here, a couple of hours there. Hope my updates can become a bit more regular now.

Attached are the latest couple of screenies, showing the ruggedness of the hills/mountains running beside the river.

I won't update the progress meter, just yet.

Cheers
Terrez.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Looking good Terrez, keep up the good work.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

I've had a few enquiries from other modders about matching the boundaries to claim 3-15, so here's the latest version.

Still a fair bit of work to do on the claim - so I better get stuck into it again!

Cheers
Terrez.
Faolan

Post by Faolan »

thanks for posting that Terrez!! :)
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Got a bit more work done over the weekend - another couple of cells. Here's the collection of screen shots for anyone interested (so you don't have to go searching through the rest of this thread for them).

I'm working my way up-river, moving south, trying to finish off each cell as I go. However, it's always tempting to go back and change things in previously "completed" cells.

Cheers
Terrez.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Another couple of cells finished. Still working down the west bank of the river. One shows a common cave entrance in cell 5,-24 and the other a "fallen arch" in cell 5,-25.

Cheers
Terrez
Attachments
River Bank 5,-25 Looking South.JPG
(41.45 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All, four more cells completed on Old Man River, and I've added more detail and lighting to the Indoril Homestead at 6,-25.

Terrez.
Attachments
River Bank 5,-26 Facing East.JPG
(44.15 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Got some more done this week on the river claim.

I'm finishing off the island at 6,-27 and 6,-28, and surrounding cells, as you can see the attached screenies.

Edit: No luck loading the screen shots. I'll try again later.

Cheers
Terrez.