npc romances? :S

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

blindhamster

npc romances? :S

Post by blindhamster »

okay it may seem silly but wouldnt it make sense if there were one or two npc's about that you could actually have a romance with..... a couple of them for both male and female, maybe have a small story line for them to...
Let the snows fall deep, let the raindrive down, and the wind buffet my cloak. I care not, for I've a road worth walking!

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Quentin Fortune

Post by Quentin Fortune »

I think it's no silly idea at all. :D I'd love to know that there might be somebody waiting for my character. Thumbs up and hopefully it will be done.

Greetings

Quentin
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Are you thinking about the girlfriend/boyfriend mods already out there, or something like setting up a family, maybe with the farming or bakery mods someone here is doing?
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

the later lol. but possibly before the companion and you settle down they could also be an adventurer, also that brings up another question.... CHILDREN? whats being done about them?
Let the snows fall deep, let the raindrive down, and the wind buffet my cloak. I care not, for I've a road worth walking!

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Doxas
Developer

Post by Doxas »

The best choise just family waiting you at home (no adventurers, I would prefer rat as companion not human :P :D). And maybe no children, just deep love without any... hmmm.... you know what ;)
Last edited by Doxas on Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dEUS

Post by dEUS »

speaking of you know what.. is it possible to script that?.. the whole.. i love you.. yes yes.. good night.. 9 months later thing?

-D-
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

The children thing has been discussed quite a bit in the past. The bottom line is that it doesn't seem right to have some idiot running amok, butchering kids. As far as "close physical contact" is concerned, it seems that the "personal space" a character needs prevents that.
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

Maybe it would be possible to reduce the player collision in either the TESCS gameplay settings menu or in the configuration settings file in your Morrowind directiory? I haven't actually tried that before.

Another possibility is to just do a fadeto 0 3 or 4 script and play a sexy mp3. Like in the rather adult "Love" mod.

Nine months later is easy enough to do, but the whole labor-and-child part is beyond me. Pregnancy would be odd as well. In general, I don't think it is really worth the effort to make a decent pregnancy mod.

Having a girlfriend that you could mess with would be cool, though. I remember making one mod that had a bosmer girlfriend in a ashland-style tent that would cook various types of food for you upon request. Sexist, yes, but cool, nonetheless.
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah, it would be cool having a family waiting out there... :) Perhaps we could make a script which looks what kind of character the player has chosen...Then it gives you a journal entry which tells you where the family is living(at the very beginning) eg. if u are a nort your family lives in skyrim......

Hollow ;)

Ow, my english sucks^^
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

okay all sounds cool but would anyone be willing to do it?

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Vagara

?( Is it springtime or something?

Post by Vagara »

If you want to check out a romance quest, go see Ahnassi the Khajiit at the Halfway Tavern in Pelegiad.

And for scripting the romance part -- but no kids ;) -- check out her script...

If I recall, she sets up house for you and you then have a girlfriend and a place to keep your stuff.

Ben
Last edited by Vagara on Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm probably not the most popular Nord around these parts...
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

Not to be crude, but who wants to bang a Khajiit? I just think that they could have chosen a better "girlfriend" figure for Morrowind than that!

Nasty!
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

lol yep

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Well historically Dunmer haven't had a problem with it. And I don't think other kajiit would mind it either.
(Really any female with a slightly masochistic tendancy might not mind it)
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Well you always have your wierdos in any group lol, but I think they could have done better then that.
Garinator

lol

Post by Garinator »

omg guys its a rpg how real do we want this! i certaintly dont need a female/male character that i can talk to ingame... whats the point? it doesnt make the game more realistic it just emphisizes the whole lone hero thing that comes out really well in morrowind.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

[quote="Lord_Gallant"]Not to be crude, but who wants to bang a Khajiit? [quote]

Uh... another khajiit?

The character I did that quest with was a khajiit so it really didn't seem nasty to me...
Gloriociosus

Post by Gloriociosus »

Yah, Im a kajiit and i think shes great!
S'Kala

Post by S'Kala »

If it is possible to fall in love etc, would it be possible for the charecter to have an affair?
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Hmmm...... well, prsumabley but I assume it would envolve a lot of work. I think the falling in love thing is a really good idea. Has this been started yet? this topic is rather old so if someone was actually serious about it they sould get to work! I think perhaps having children would be a bit too much work, also we decided no children in the game. But what exactly would the characters "in love" do? they cant actually do "you know wat" but would they just say really romanitc things to u or something?
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Hmmm...... well, prsumabley but I assume it would envolve a lot of work. I think the falling in love thing is a really good idea. Has this been started yet? this topic is rather old so if someone was actually serious about it they sould get to work! I think perhaps having children would be a bit too much work, also we decided no children in the game. But what exactly would the characters "in love" do? they cant actually do "you know wat" but would they just say really romanitc things to u or something?

P.S. S'kala: I have noticed that you spell Character wrong a lot... no biggy but just to let you know
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

One thing that is an absolute must...NO BRIBERY! Oh, maybe when you first meet someone, but after the "Looking for someone" (or whatever) topic is activated, bribery, and maybe some of the other speechcraft options, should be disabled.
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
S'Kala

Post by S'Kala »

I dont know if it's possible, but what about gifts? Like, maybe, flowers, or something? :?
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

........gifts? that is a bit silly isnt it? I think that maybe this whole love thing is a bad idea. we must remember the whole reason you are in the game in the firts plcae and it isnt to fall in love. Also, you can bribe people to make them like you
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

like a whole new system in the game right? a persuasion topic like Flirt or something like that, and the chance of failure is high unless the character had a high combinted intelligence and speechcraft say... 20% for 50, 30% for 60, and so on......... Or we could have a romance skill! (corny)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

This is a good idea, maybe as a bolt-on though. I doubt the Nerevarine was prophesized to fall in love with anybody :? . I mean, a figure as the Nerevarine(sp?) is suppose to carry out his destiny, saving the day and stuff. I just don't think he'd be able to pick up any chicks (or guys if you're character is a woman) while doing this all. :)
Nathan Commons
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

That is true CommonsNat, a Bolt-On. Like a whole new system in gameplay. Childrmne will be too hard. We would need a highly devoted team of mesh-makers and scipters and such. Remember, we are re-building tamriel, not re-making it.
-Hippocrates
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

we are re-building tamriel, not re-making it.
Hahah! That's sig-worthy (or at least in my opinion).
Nathan Commons
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

lol.
-Hippocrates
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I'm pretty sure that a whole new "way to play" as you say is impossible. A questline for some romances? Yes. A new way to interact with every NPC? That's impossible.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

what do you mean?
-Hippocrates
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

He means that it would impossible to have the option to have a romance thing with every NPC.
Nathan Commons
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

that is true. But it still would be a good bolt-on. Ill have to think this through.
-Hippocrates