Info on Darconis

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Assassinace
Developer

Info on Darconis

Post by Assassinace »

I don't know if the info was lost when the boards were moved or if it hasn't been decided yet but what info is there on Darconis.
Specifically what buildings need to be included and what is the current plan. (Also if anyone can remember what places Darconis is mentioned in lore.)
If anyone could enlighten me on the history, current plotline, and buildings it would be appreciated.
If there isn't anything regarding Darconis could someone working on it say so so this can become a discussion of what needs to be there.
Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Post by Rodan »

At the moment Darconis is what it originally was, a new city on the shore of mainland Morrowind which is an imperial trading post. Added to it is Telvanni structures which means that the Telvanni are gaining influence over the new city. Darconis is not mentioned in lore in any text. It was one of the original claims (called the 'old claims' by some that includes Black Light). So lore has to be fit in to give the city a small history.
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"
- Bugs Bunny

Yes, that is a Dusty (my cat)

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34
Lots of interiors for Black Light

Current Projects:
None
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

So does that mean there was never a story with the old claim. Also I know Noir is heading the project now. Does he have something in mind or should I start creating a story?
Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Post by Rodan »

I'd talk to Noir about it. The claim has passed my quick review and is available on the Member Downloads forum with the rest of map 2. Any fixes later will be done by the review board and whoever is assigned to it.
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"
- Bugs Bunny

Yes, that is a Dusty (my cat)

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34
Lots of interiors for Black Light

Current Projects:
None
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Ok untill I hear from Noir I am going to post an initial story/timeline explaining the two cities. If noir ends up already haveing something then we can go with his. (I havent' seen him on aim recently but I'll see if I can get a PM)

So here is the rough outline:

Initially it was a small telvanni controlled town circa several hundred years ago called marog (Ruins of Kamel Ze book).

Then at the time of the Kamel-Ze story (Someone with a better knowledge of the tamriel timeline might need to correct me here. It needs to be during the time of an empress and Raled-Makai had been to morrowind and after seyda neen had been established.) (I’m going to say 200 years ago but please correct me)
After the archeologist found riches at Kamel Ze on his first dig the telvanni were upset with the ruins being found out and looted by imperials. They slaughtered the archeologist and his group after his group had sent word of the find and the loot of the first dig.
In response when the imperials lost contact they used it as an excuse to move a small fort here (also this is in accordance with them making several town/outposts to fight pirates and defend their waters.)
(This also explains why the panels and other things are still at the ruins of Kamel ze.)
(In addition the imperials wanted to protect thier interest at kamel ze and take care of any Dwemer smuggling)

In respons to the imperial presence a Telvanni lord moved to what was now called Darconis and set up a telvanni tower both to gain a retain thier foothold with thier shiping port and to ward off the imperial presence). Soon after the entirety of the fort at seyda neen was transferred to Darconis and the old fort was turned into a census office. (Explaining Seyda Neen).

Since then both sides have been growing quickly as a posturing mechanism as they would both be very happy to push one another out. However because of the current and past political situations overt action hasn’t been taken.

Also with the growth of Vvardenfell after it's opening Darconis has been a very impotant port area and the diamond mine discovery hasn't hurt things.

*Edit* sorry it wasn't suppoed to say Port Telvannis
Last edited by Assassinace on Sun May 16, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

A couple of inputs.

PT isn't suppose to a trade senter.
It's the Telvanni capitol. And they don't like visitors. :)
Very few nontelvanni whould have set foot there.

So Tel Quada and Darconis could be replacement citis for trade.
So that whould give some foundation to the size of Darconis.

What about they found rich dimamont mauntains adjasont to kemel ze. Becus the mines is to the north of the city. And Kemel Ze is to the south.
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

I saw a few Darconis claim maps the other day somewhere. Don't remember where I saw them though. Since it is merged, we need to get those maps up for interiors claimers.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

It's merged and in the members download forum.
Also Noir has informed me that he doesn't know of any current storyline and everyone else I have talked to doesn't know anything about it either. Except Yinnie has some chats on the old storyline in the form of IRC logs if she can find them. So I will keep working on the story.
If possible could someone please check my dates. I'm a bit fuzzy on how old seyda neen is.
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

If I rember something having todo with the mines.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It's sewers are using MH sewers, are yu sure it's good idea? I think it would be a good idea to retexture with imperial brick like daggerfall-esque =)
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

I'm pretty sure that somebody built Marog already so I don't think that is going to work. Also it seems likely to me that Seyda Neen was a Dunmer shack town for a long time and then the Empire decided to use it as their entry point to Vvardenfell.
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Ok new idea.
The Telvanni had a setlement ruled by a completally mad telvanni lord (Yes even by telvanni standards).
Any ways he was a major pain in the butt to the telvanni and even though they don't recognize him he thinks he is a councilor.

At any rate during the time the imperials were demanding land to combat pirates the Telvanni had to give them important coast cities. So they decided to give the Imperials the land owned by the mad lord. One stipulation was that the Imperials had to leave the telvanni lord intact. The councilors were happy that both the mad lord and the imperials would have to live with one another thus creating misery for both. Since they had to lose the land this would be the best way.

(Still working on the preposterous story given to the Mad lord and other minor plotlines but that's the basic outline so what do you think)
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Nice!
I would kill to claim that guy's NPC!
could we put it on hold? After giving up my map 1 NPC claim, I am longing to create someone important. Insanity is something I know well.

Do you like my house, Sir? Isn't it lovely? and look at all the animals roaming outside my window... I own them, you know. I own this town. I own their animals. I own them, too. They are mine and I love them like candy: Juicy, tender, and coked to perfection. In fact, I have reason to believe I also own YOU. Will you be my love slave? Will you be juicy, tender, and cooked to perfection with me? We would do well together. SERVANT! you know I will not accept mere kwama cuttle for my nighty time snack. Green Lizard-Wizard friend (an argonian probably), shoot him with one of your pretty explode-y bolts of candy. CANDY! gimmie candy now, sweet sexy (PCRace); and we too may share many nighty time snacks."

He wouldn't be THAT nuts if I made him, but you get the idea :D .
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Well I don't have any problem with you claiming him. However I don't think map 2 NPC's are open and I believe whoever creates the interior gets first pic on the NPC's inside of it.
Also if you would like to flesh out the Lords madness a little it would be appreciated (Even sample dialogue would be good).

Currently we need something that cheesed off the Telvanni councilors enough for them to want to hate him. Second he has to be mad in a way that would infuriate or cause trouble for the imperial lord. That and he needs to be somewhat delusional.

And yes THAT nuts is what we are looking for. (Powerfull and nuts kinda along the lines of Therana but worse and he has to interact with others)
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Ok I think it's mostly figured out.

Originally the mad lord was a very intelligent and powerfull telvanni Mouth ready to become a counciler. However (Haven't completally figured this out yet) he had dealings with Shoegarath. This left him completally mad. He now has fits of different delusions usually becomeing childlike and inthralled easily (Much like Sirwoot posted). However some of the time he has fits of lucidness and regains his former intellect and sense however it doesn't last long. Regardless he is always very powerfull and dangerous.

Of course the reason he would become a councilor was because he destroyed his master with the help of the Deadric prince. However, After his madness hit he was expelled from the telvanni for doing things like randomly filling rooms with conjured mushrooms and other things that generally ticked off the councilors. Unfortunitally thier first attempt at getting rid of him by force left 2 councilors wounded and 20 gaurds dead. They then explained to a childlike and mad lord that he was needed on the west coast and they would make him a councilor. Darconis was soon founded and the mad lord taken away(although they still humor him when they have to deal with him).

At any rate things went fine with him terrorizing those at Darconis untill the Imperials demanded land from the Telvanni for port cities to help fight the pirates (Part of the agreement when Morrowind was taken). The Telvanni despising the imperials and unhappy with the mad lord hatched a plan. They gave the imperials Darconis a very well positioned port on the stipulation that they leave the (slightly mad and feeble) ruler of the town in peace. Thier hope that the mad lord would be killed by the imperials thus legitimizing hostile actions or at the very least they could be satisfied that the imperials would have no end of trouble with the mad lord. The imperials however had however found a daimond mine and wanted a port near one of the biggest dwemer finds in history so they hastily agreed with the demands.

Darconis would have been just another garrison city with a powerfull port and an odd mad lords tower except the huge Daimond vane was "discovered" shortly after the Imperials moved there. So now despite the original difficulties a large town has flourished.
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

So exactly when was Darconis first established?
A date would be extremely helpful to me

-Thanks
Bringing back the old school
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

well, I think the basic point of this info is that, Darconis is a fairly new City, especially to the scale that it is now. It was most likely a small Telvani village named something that has not been established. Either way, it does not go back in lore very far(farther than imperial intervention) which is associated with the founding of Seyda Neen
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Yeah I would say 170-200 years ago. Maybe slightly longer for the telvanni part.
Draega07

Post by Draega07 »

Heh heh, hello to all of you. I'm the original claimer/builder of Darconis, though I gave up the claim some time ago. If anyone wants I can post the original history/lore behind the city.