Clothing for House Dres and Indoril

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Túrelio
Developer

Clothing for House Dres and Indoril

Post by Túrelio »

The other three houses in Morrowind all have their own specific clothing types, usually in their respective colors too. We should consider making or retexturing some new clothing types for Dres and Indoril.

If we do, they would be in the house colors abouts, so White for Indoril and Blue for Dres. The most vibrant colored ones are the Nobles clothing, the expensive ones. The commoners don't always have as much color in their's but they usually have similar styles.

We should atleast have a couple of commoner clothes and 2-3 expensive clothing. All the clothing of the other houses have the letter of that house in the name, so H or HH for Hlaalu, go ahead and check it out.

I don't know, but i think we should really consider doing this, I don't know how hard it would be though. Thanks.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

wow...never thought of thism, I think we should implement it :banana:
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I will try my hand at making some dres stuff, perhaps even right now. Since it's kind of hard to tell whether their colour is blue or black, I will make ornate blue designs on a black background. As for indoril, expect their stuff to be VERY exquisite and detailed; as the biggest (as in most credible) lore we have on them is that they are foppish.
Also, the concept sketches have some really "interesting" specifications for dres clothing (and armour; which in my opinion should be fixed because the concept isnt too different and in my opinion looks cooler) ; so i'll just be making a robe which can be modified later by an actual modeler (i'll just use NIF texture). I might even try retexturing say the morag tong helm for a dres mask or something.

EDIT: wow; i'm suprising myself here. I've only been working a minute and already this thing is screaming "I'm a thieving vampire conservative jerk (I.E> high up dres member)"!
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I also might try making a variation of the dres armour for higher-up members (ornate and more close to the beth concept sketch).
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Well I imagine for Dres especially and even Indoril them having some long robes and lots of cloth, which is more traditional Dunmer I think. Indoril Nobles would likely wear something close to what the Temple has, lots of full length robes of whites and light blue with some gold here and there. Dres might have this except maybe not as full length. I don't know about retextured Morag Tong helm, I was thinking a new mesh and I don't think that the higher ups would wear masks anyways, it would be uncomfortable.

It has been decided that Dres is Blue, however it is probably dark and you could add in other colors that go well with it as well. Keep in mind that Nobles like to be noticable and let others know who they are. Commoners just wear what works, however in the case of Dunmer they wouldn't mind showing their House colors a little either.

I think the armor we have now is excellent, so I wouldn't bother with that. If you do anything I would only add more design to the cloth on it.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I've already completed a very nice robe for, say, a councillor and the new head. I am currently working on some more common clothes for dres.
The retextured morag tong helm is basically what the morag tong helm would look like if the goggles were semi-transparent and the helm only covered the face/back of head. It looks very fitting for dres; I designed it for a vampire councillor and the head looks "lumpy" (in a cool creepy way).
As for the robe, it is blue-black with lots of blue gems and stuff; and the dres logo (inlaid with precious stones) adorns the front. The mesh is the original exquisite robe; but the retexture is heavy enough to make it hard to tell.
The reason I say this is I feel too lazy to walk to my PC, take screenshots, throw them on a floppy, walk back to other PC, then upload the screens. I'll probably get screens once I have at least 4 meshes done.

Also, I am going to try my hand at using a trial version of 3DSMAX to make the armour in the dres concept sketch.
So, in other words, I'm going to try to release this as a pack of meshes, as a pose to one item at a time.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

If anyone comes up with any Indoril specific clothes I would be more than happy to use them, as long as they are well done. :P
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Well I have some ideas in my head for both, but I think they would require someone to make a new mesh for them, or atleast a few of them.

Anyways I think this is important, the clothing types adds as much atmosphere as everything else does and well people will like having new clothing to wear as well.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

How does this look for a possible Dres Noble?
Attachments
DresNobleOutfit.jpg
(238.35 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Munkie

Post by Munkie »

Not quite what I would expect for a noble to wear. I'd say tit would be reserved for lower classes.

Also as Nazz said for himself, I would be happy as well to use the clothing for the Dres as long as they are well done.
The incompetence of morons who act and think as what they are not taints the sanctity around them. Such a shame.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Hmmm... Yea I could see this as maybe being somewhat below a noble, but not a commoner either I think.

What exactly do you have in mind? I could probably do a better job if I knew exactly what you guys though Dres would wear. I have something else in mind for Indoril but if you have something in mind for them please tell me too, I was thinking a little Templish for them.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

The picture looks nice, but indeed it's not really noble-like. I would think an extravagant robe with lots of ornaments and gold. With base colour the colour you used in that picture. But that's just a humble suggestion you should consult with Munkie and others on Dres business.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Look at the concepts on TIL- the dres PILE their clothes with loose things like rags, amulets, shawls, and plates. That outfit would best be for a middle-class person; not rich but living quite nicely still.

Also, I tried the "helmet-fix" and failed miserably. With MAX6, how do you manipulate vertecies and smooth and do the kind of stuff you do to land in the CS? I haven't got beyond putting together a sphere and pyrmaid at this point.

But still, the retextures are going well. I hope to be able to have screens within the week (My modding will be extremely limited due to exams and stuff this week).
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I think that set of clothing would work well for merchants. Maybe make it expensive clothing for the dres.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Well I am actually really interested in Dres, and clothing can really define a people. I have some ideas, just need to put them on paper and scan it.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

GIMMIE! I've been pulling ideas out of purely the dres concept sketches / my @$$ and could really use more inspiration.
Also, excpect screens soon...
Graahrl

Post by Graahrl »

I started working on a reskinning of the exquisite robe (big yellow thing) for Indoril nobles yesterday, actually. It's white and light-blue with various plates and ornaments here and there. I'll see if I can get it done during the course of the day.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

That wouldn't work, i'm sorry; Ive been retexturing the same robe for a good while with similar ideas; and they would look too similar to be considered for seperate great houses. Actually, in my opinion a retexture of the temple robe (expensive robe 3 I think) would work better for indoril.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I just got milkshape 3D (which I have past experience in), and am underway with making the new (SEECRIYT!!!!1!1!!1) meshes. However, I does not support NIF- yet I know one of the file formats is supported by max. Can someone tell me what format this is so I can save my work accordingly?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think that picture is good, but I personally think that it should be more dark bluish, like the House Colour really is. Perhaps the pants should be darker, I'm not sure. I'm not really much of an artist, so... :oops:
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Hey, sorry for lack of updates. I have all 4 robes done, but it turns out there is no way for me to get files off my computer (I dont have internet on it, so I am writing this on a different PC). You guys are just gonna have to wait... sorry.
However, I might be able to put up some screenshots soon (images could fit on a floppy).
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Did you make new meshes or are they just retextured?
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

just retextured- I tried out modelling, and can't get past making a sphere :lol: .
However, they are EXTENSIVE retextures - I try to eliminate as much of the original design as possible when making the textures. Then again, everything we have in clothing of tamriel right now is also retexture.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Well that is why there is a need for completely new clothing. However retextures of clothing is as bad, alot of the clothing already share the same meshes, just make sure it doesn't look like what it once was, and of course still looks good.

I'd like to see some screenshots of the work so far, maybe can give some pointers before you finish.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

screens, you say? wish granted.
Attachments
Resturant 1.jpg
(132.13 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I like that robe the lady in the middle is wearing. They look real nice.
ashlander

Post by ashlander »

i like them alot put em up for D/L man
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

<archived>
welp