The Character Occupations Project

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Pyroid

The Character Occupations Project

Post by Pyroid »

Character occupations is what my website and my modding time is dedicated to. These mods are all dedicated to TR, so do not fear treachery! :tongue:

I am trying to make interactive mods in which you can create entirely new items and enjoy new forms of entertainment, so you can have fun and experiment for many more hours of gameplay and entertainment, and lots more publicity for TR :crown:! Here are the mods I am currenlty working on:

Bakery - In this mod, the player has access to a number of tools with which he or she can cook a vast number of things. Right now I have about 80 recipes, and many more brewing. The tools include:
The oven, for baking pies, cookies and cakes.
The grill, for cooking meat and plants.
The processor, for taking the juices from meats, and making extracts or concentrates.
The cauldron, for making soups.
The kitchen knife, for cutting up ingredients.
The mixing bowl, for mixing ingredients together.
The rolling pin, for making pie shells.
You will also be able to use baking mittens, a chef's apron, and a chef's hat as well! You can visit bakery shops to stock up on supplies, and to sell your latest creations! There are also many new ingredients, and tons of new items that can be made. I will be providing a more accurate list this weekend.

Farming - This ties into the bakery mod. In this mod you can take on the role of a farmer. You can herd livestock using special herder's staffs. When equipped, certain docile creature types will actually follow you until you unequip it! You can buy seeds, and plow your fields using a tame guars, and plant the crop of your choice. In a few weeks, the plants will grow to full size, and you can harvest them, sell them at the market, and restart the cycle! Also, when you havel ivestock for a week or so they create babies if put in the mating pens, which is a large field that you can herd them into. The babies will mature in two weeks into full grown adults, and then new babies will be born! This way you can keep up a constant chain of slaughtering livestock and selling the meats at market as the babies grow up! (Vile, yes, but economically stupid, no... :brew: )

Hunting - This ties in to my smithy mod. In this mod you take the role of a hunter, seeking the knowledge of those more experienced than you. The main feature of this mod is a sort of system in which you have to be 'taught' by a hunter how to harvest things from a creature before they appear in its inventory. You can be taught to harvest:
Claws, Teeth, Horns Barbs & Tusks, Skins & Hides, Meat, Shell & Carapace, Bones, Blood, Hearts, and you can even resort to Cannibalism, if you find the right teacher! Also in this mod is the ability to create traps that kill certain creatures outright. For example, you could make a wolf trap that would outright kill a wolf, but only mildly harm a bear, or even a rat! Then again, you could make a bear trap which would kill a bear, and only mildly harm a wolf. You can also make snares and traps to disable your enemies, and make them easier targets for taking down in by the more traditional method: the use of cold steel.

Smithy & Fletcher - This ties in to my Hunter mod. In this mod you can use different items to create sets of armor, and weapons. You have several tools:
A forge for heating up raw metals and turning them into ingots. - this is where you add the most basic materials for your weapon.
An anvil for pounding ingots into shape and making the shape and design of the weapon - this is where you add the major components of the weapon.
A whetstone for finishing off your creation with a specific touch - this is where you add enchantments and special affects to your weapons.
You can also use special kits to make certain types of armor, such as a tanners kit for making light or medium armors out of the many hides, skins, and carapaces you will find. You can also use a fletchers kit to make arrows and bows.

Jeweler - In this mod you can use the various pieces of ore and rare jewels to make your own jeweler to sell at high prices to merchants! For those of you who have always loved luxury, you can design a number of amulets, charms and rings to make yourself the center of attention in any ball room!

Clothier - In this mod you can use the many sewing machines and cloth bolts in the game, along with different adorments and jewels, to make your own clothes! You can make any set of clothes you want, you simply have to specify and use the correct materials.

Fisherman - In this mod you can use a fishing rod to fish for a number of different aquatic animals. In different regions, different fish are available to be caught, meaning each area holds its own fishy mysteries! These fish can also be cooked on the grill in the Bakery Mod.

Carpenter - In this mod you can cut down trees and use the lumber to create furniture, or traps for the Hunter Mod! You can use the woodsman's ax to cut down a tree and collect its lumber. In a few months the tree will grow back and you can harvest it again. When you have the logs you can use a carving knife to carve small figurines to decorate your house, or you can make small wooden objects, such as a bowl, a plate, a cup, utensils, etc. You have to use a carpenter's kit to make the larger furniture, which will take you hours to make (not real-time, don't worry! Its just a time-bar! :tongue: ). You can make chests to store things in, cabinets, tables, chairs... any morrowind furniture item you want! You can move them anywhere you like, and sell them for good prices to merchants.

I will be updating my website this weekend, and when I am finished I will edit this post. The focus of the update is to fill out the projects page ot give everybody a clear cut idea of exactly what I am trying to do in each mod. These are all for TR, which is why I am posting this, mainly to have the cooperation and ideas of everybody here, so that I can coordinate my efforts with theirs.

Some of my mods however, aren't for character occupations, and I will be separating those from the others... They include:

Cavalry and Jousting - In this mod you can battle atop horses, and use horses to get around Tamriel! There is also an Imperial Cavalry, which you will not be able to outrun unless you yourself can purchase a horse. You can also joust with enemy horse riders, where you two ride at each other, and if you hit him with your lance while mounted, he is knocked off of his horse! The horse currently counts as a pants model, because there is nobody who is willing to make a creature yet, so I will simply have to make a light, medium, heavy, and unarmored version of the horse to accomodate different players.

Realistic Combat - This mod is a large undertaking that will make combat in Morrowind much more challenging. Every time you get hit, you will begin to bleed, and have a chance of becoming wounded. A random factor is involved, determining what level of injuries you sustain: Minor bleeding and injuries, medium, major, or severe. There is a chance that you may not get wounded, but you always start to bleed, in which you lose health at an alarming rate. Bleeding is stopped by using a variety of medical kits. Wounds induce stat penalties that can be very serious for even a supposedly uber character, and can cost lots of money in expensive kits to correct. Also, you will not be able to sleep until bleeding is stopped, or you will die in your sleep of blood loss! Bandages can be used to lessen the bleeding, but they will not stop it.

Dwemer Robots - check out the thread at:

[url]http://tr.silgrad.com/thread.php?threadid=500&boardid=85&page=1#8[/url]

Roadside Merchants - This will put roadside merchants that you can find moving from town to town, or even in the wilderness. I thought it was stupid that everyone you find outside of town (precious few) are always hostile. Plus, if you are a criminal, every trip to town is dangerous, and everyone is too terrified of you to even barter.

*Smugglers - This will place some friendly merchants inside of select caves in the wilderness, but there is catch... they are smugglers, and they are only friendly if you have a certain crime level. If you are a goody-good, then they simply don't trust you, but if you are a guard or ordinator, they will attack you on sight. The main feature of this mod however, is the drug production feature (I pray to god I don't get sued for this... :tongue: ), in which you can use a set of tools to make skooma from moonsugar. I am still seeking ideas for this, as I don't know how to produce moon sugar or skooma, and I haven't made up any tools to produce the drugs. Also, there will be some new narcotic substances floating around Morrowind, so Imperials beware!

Spellbooks - I am currently working with some of the many excellent authors here at TR. :) The project is being headed by Lord Gallant. If you are an evil character, it is unrealistic and inappropriate to go into town to learn spells from terrified citizens, so now certain select books, when read, teach you a new spell so that you can remain a loner.

Remember that all of these mods are still under HEAVY CONSTRUCTION. The above are the concepts behind the mods, but none of them have been completed yet, due to a lack of man power.

If anybody is interested in my projects and would like to lend a helping hand, or simply wants to put forth ideas or suggestions, PM me, or reply on this thread. I am looking for a small team to help me finish these mods for incorporation in the claims of TR, so that every district has all of these neat features and character occupations! This will be an ongoing project, and will require the cooperation of all of the team, which is another reason why I put this thread up: to coordinate our efforts! :)
Last edited by Pyroid on Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

Very cool sounding assortment of plugins! Are any of them finished products?

Unless I missed something, I think I am still heading the Spellbooks:). Which reminds me, how are Silence, Poison and Charm coming along? Spellbooks hasn't seen an update in a while.
Last edited by Lord_Gallant on Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Yes Lord_Gallant is still doing the spell books, but they will be included with books of tamriel which Geowulf and arcadea are handling most of.

Oh I forgot, as you asked in the OoT thread, anything new made( ingredients to use, cooked food, clothes new nifs and retex, hides and parts from the hunting mod) can be included, thats what OoT was really started for, a pool of all the stuff created and found for anyone else to use in their claims and mods.
Last edited by Eraser on Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

Hmm. That's od. I posted here already. Were did my post go?? I belive that I put it here. I think that when the server at my school is on went down that I lost the post to bad it happend right as a was submiting it. Oh by the way keep up the good work.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

If you want to see some of his bakery pictures jsut head on over to [url]http://www.skyrim.cjb.net[/url] and see his bakery mod pics without dling them. VERY cool Pyroid!
(Day-kin)
Pyroid

Post by Pyroid »

None of the above mods are completed. If you read carefully, you'll see in bold letters that everything is still under heavy construction. I still need a team to help me with these or they won't get done anytime soon, becuause its just me on scripts and TESCS.

The only person who has provided me with anything so far is Noirgrim. He has been supplying me with a steady stream of much appreciated advice and opinions, and more importantly, meshes. He is the most efficient and dedicated team member one could hope for, I'll tell you that much.

Lews Therin Telamon volunteered for textures, but I haven't seen anything from him yet, and its been awhile since he joined my team. I've almost got his website completely up though, so maybe I will se some results then...

Unifiedsleepers is helping me with scripting, but not directly, only through advice in emails and things, and I haven't heard from him in a while. He did give me a few scripts though, and for that I am thankful.

So, all in all, so far its just me, Noirgrim, and Lews doing the direct work. UnifiedSleepers is sort of the Technical Informant. But its just us for this daunting list of mods. I need some dedicated team members to help out here!
Last edited by Pyroid on Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I would be happy to help you test stuff or to go over ideas with you however with school I can't offer the kind of work in creating the stuff.
Also the fruit looks a little bright and you may want to talk to Meadow about making cut scenes for things like the smithy. Just some thoughts.
Last edited by Assassinace on Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyroid

Post by Pyroid »

Thanks for the suggestions Assassinace. I won't be using the fruit in the Bakery mod though. I'm trying to stick to having a completely foregin fantasy world in which almost nothing as the same as it is here on Earth. This adds to the atmposphere, and really helps in 'getting away', which I love to do :D.

And I will talk to meadows about cut scenes for a lot of these, since many will require lots of in-game 'phony' time for the player. I would just like to do a little bit more before I ask him for cut scenes, and to do more...

:alert: I will need some more team members! :alert:
Last edited by Pyroid on Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

right, im thrwoing myself at alot l8ly, but if u can give me a clear cut job, i will do it
M1ke
Pyroid

Post by Pyroid »

Thanks Inferno_str1ke , I would appreciate your help. Just PM me so we can get some stuff sorted out.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I love your ideas but am new to TES, I recently decided that the game gets boring without mods to let me do kewl stuff. When I get better I'll contact you, keep up the good work
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

oh one other thing I seem to be speeding up on how quick I am at making interiors (finally getting the hang of Tes) so if you need any done give me a heads up.
Pyroid

Post by Pyroid »

This is all very good news! It seems that my team is fleshing out, and this is great! So here is the new list, which I will be updating on my website:

Pyroid - Project leader, scripting, cells

Assassinace - PM me with a list of your skills so that I can put them up on the website.

Inferno_str1ke - quests, dialogue, cells

Lews Therin Telamon - Textures

Unifiedsleepers - Technical/scripting informant

If I got anything wrong, please PM me so that I can change it. Also, if you guys have any avatars you want me to put up just put them in a post, or tell me if you want me to use the ones on TR. I may be putting up some forums soon if I can just figure out how. :tongue: Hopefully they'll make the task of coordinating our efforts MUCH easier. Thanks to everyone who is joining the team, now we can kick these projects into high gear! :D

And by the way, to The_Shienarian, try visiting the new tutorials section of the forums that Arcadea put up, you can learn lots of things to help you become a better modder! Also, try downloading the scripting for Dummies guide by GhanBuriGhan on my website. I currently have v.4, but later today I will be putting up v.5 (if I can find it again). As soon as you feel that you are ready to join, just PM me and I'll welcome you aboard. :)

And also, I wanted to say thank you to Noirgirm, who, even though he's not on the team, has helped me enourmously by giving me new models and meshes that will make my mods unique, and worthy of use in TR.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Just like to say, keep up all the good work! ;)
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

Since pyriod left he told me that Assassinace is now in charge but you should al;ready now that. That is all.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

Assassinace, since pyroid left I guess I should tell you that I am currently hosting pyroids(your's now) bakery pictures. and would like to continue hosting your pictures, as well as touchign them up too.(sometimes they are a little dark, I just fix em right up in my picture editor).
(Day-kin)
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Thanks. And I PM'd everyone that I was told was helping with the project I tried to PM and if you are on the project and haven't recieved a PM from me please tell me. Pyroid gave me a copy of all the compiled stuff (scripts, TGA's, NIF's, ect.). I emailed him but haven't gotten a reply about if he minds changes to his website so I am going to wait about a week before messing with it. I don't see any problem with changing the pics though.
ensis

Post by ensis »

I may be able to offer some assistance with aspects of this mod. Can I get back to you when I clear some computer problems up?
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

it would be a very good thing if we could get this project started up again, as it looked very promising.
M1ke
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

It does indeed. We should, however, see if we could integrate projects such as [url=http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2123009&page=46&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1]Complete Morrowind[/url] inton the nescessities (with the permission of the author, of course).
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

ill check that out when im less tired :P

are assassinance or pyroid still around? have we got any versions of their mod yet?
M1ke
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

After Pyroid left the mod disbanded a bit but I still have everything that had been completed. Unfortunitally all that is completed are a few meshes and half finished scripts. I have everything and know what is supposed to be done but noone is currently working on it. If there is interest I can help anyone work on it or hand stuff over as needed. If you want an idea of what is finished check out http://www.freewebs.com/pyroid/
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Ok I have scraped together all the old stuff and found out what Pyroids mod really needs is a few good scripters. I have a bunch of items that don't really do anything right now. I am currently reviewing what scripts I do have and figuring out what I need. So if anyone knows how to script and has the time I think I can have a few things to work on by this weekend.
(PS I will work on getting some screenies of the items and maybe one or two of the bakeries if I get the chance and can figure out how to add items to the game from the parent files.
Rahnd

Post by Rahnd »

I'm new here, and i would like to know what the status of this project. I see lots potential for this mod for the entire project. I am not much of a modder (mostly because I spent way more time playing the stupid game then trying to edit it), But I am sure I can contribute to the project in several ways. I like to think i can take an existing idea and come up with new ways to use it:)
BalinMinister

Planting mod....

Post by BalinMinister »

Going on the general occupation theme...i had thought about a very similar idea last summer and had posted my ideas up at Silgrad (before the split) and a certain scripter (Kallikak) acted upon one of the ideas which was a plant growing mod....to date i have never seen a similar mod, but i got word from Kal saying that he had finished it....

So if you would like me to ask him to possibly submit the mod to TR, i would be more than happy to....

Thanks for hearing me out....ill try to post the actual idea if i find the text....
-BM
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Evilgreebo needs to take a look at this :)
BalinMinister

Planting mod

Post by BalinMinister »

I am here to sugggest a mod that i hope can be part of any project.....

My idea is to have/build a "plant" store that sells a variety of seeds for you to plant...however they are new and are looking for publicity so they are giving out seeds which are unknown so that the people can plat them and spread the word of the store...

So you take home a few seeds and with proper care (water/sunlight/location) the plant will either grow or die....this could be used to add something to a stronghold or to create plants essential to any alchemist PC....

Just an idea...and keep in mind...it is done already by Kallikak (thanks :lol: )...so if yall want it ill just ask him

-BM

I am suggesting this because ive heard that a lot of people like the idea of gardens and such, and this could be a way to try to implement that idea..
Rahnd

Post by Rahnd »

For my clearity....Who is actualy heading up this project?
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

@ Rahnd
Q: What is the status
A: Currently on hold until some of the scripts are finished as very little other progress can happen until the main parts of the bakery project are finished which is the current project being worked on.

Q: Who is the head of this project
A: If you mean of TR then it would be the core a group of modders that make most of the desicions on what goes or not and mod the forums. If you mean the character occupation project that would be me.

@ Balin
Yes if you get the chance please ask him as it would help the project a significant bit.

To everyone if you want to work on this project it isn't dead although it isn't being worked on either. I have all of the current work which includes a significant amount. Currently the bakery project has been worked on but if there is anything in particular that you would like to work on or if you have any particular skills they would be appreciated.

If you would like to see what has gone on with the project check out
http://www.freewebs.com/pyroid/
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

how far along is the bakking mod.

Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

We have meshes and TGA's for the ingredients
Also Meshes and TGA's for most of the items
We are lacking the scripts and putting it all together.

(Note that even when the scripts are done it will be a work in progress for awhile but that is all we need for something workable)
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

once you get the scrypters tell me I want to try and do a test run for Uvam. I was going to have a bakary in thier anyways so this wopulkd work well.

Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

That's the trick I have been trying to get scripters for a while and I can't seem to find anyone.
Congo

Post by Congo »

i'm here to anwser your scripting needs :)

i'm a little hazzy on what needs to be done but if i got the info and all the stuff i need to make it work i'll get the scripts written for you guys.
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

Scrypters of America Slogan

Scrypetrs we come to you not you come to us.

Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Ok the idea is we need scripts for the items to change ingredients into foods. A little scripting has been done however if it's easier to do it a different way (I haven't scripted with tes) just check in before making drastic changes but go ahead and make them. Is that enough to go on or do you need more info?
Here are the scripts we have to get an idea from

Begin BA_Pre_Mixing_Bowl

short OnPCDrop
short OnPCEquip

if ( OnPCDrop == 1 )
Disable
PlaceAtPC, "BA_Mixing_Bowl01", 1, 0, 0
Set OnPCDrop to 0
endif

if ( OnPCEquip == 1 )
Set OnPCEquip to 0
MessageBox "You must set the bowl down before you can use it."
endif

End

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin BA_Mixing_sp
StopScript BA_Mixing_sp

;SPICING
short spice
short hound
short rat
short crab
short fish

;SPICING
set spice to GetItemCount (BA_B_spice)
set hound to GetItemCount (ingred_hound_meat_01)
set rat to GetItemCount (ingred_rat_meat_01)
set crab to GetItemCount (ingred_crab_meat_01)
set fish to GetItemCount (BA_B_Fish_meat)

;SPICING
if ( spice > 0 )

if ( hound > 0 )
RemoveItem "BA_B_spice" 1
RemoveItem "ingred_hound_meat_01" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_A_Hound_Meat_sp" 1
MessageBox "You have made spiced hound meat!"
return
endif

if ( rat > 0 )
RemoveItem "ingred_rat_meat_01" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_A_Rat_Meat_sp" 1
MessageBox "You have made spiced rat meat!"
return
endif

if ( crab > 0 )
RemoveItem "ingred_crab_meat_01" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_A_Crab_Meat_sp" 1
MessageBox "You have made spiced crab meat!"
return
endif

if ( fish > 0 )
RemoveItem "BA_B_Fish_Meat" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_A_Fish_Meat_sp" 1
MessageBox "You have made spiced fish meat!"
return
endif

else
MessageBox "You need different ingredients to spice."
return
endif

elseif (spice < 0)
MessageBox "You need spices!"
return
endif

End

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin BA_Mix_Dough
StopScript BA_Mix_Dough

short bflour
short begg
short bwater

set bflour to GetItemCount BA_B_Flour
set begg to GetItemCount BA_B_Egg
set bwater to GetItemCount BA_B_Water

if ( bflour > 0 )
if ( begg > 0 )
if ( bwater > 0 )
RemoveItem "BA_B_Flour" 1
RemoveItem "BA_B_Egg" 1
RemoveItem "BA_B_Water" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_A_Dough" 1
MessageBox "You have made dough!"
return
endif
endif
endif

End

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin BA_Mixing_Bowl_sc

short bowlmessage
short button

if ( MenuMode == 1 )
return
endif

if ( OnActivate == 1 )
set bowlmessage to 1
endif

if ( bowlmessage == 0 )
return
endif

if ( bowlmessage == 1 )
MessageBox "What would you like to do?", "Add ingredients" "Mix", "Spice", "Make Dough", "Retrieve Bowl"
set bowlmessage to 2
endif

if ( bowlmessage == 2 )
set button to GetButtonPressed

if ( button == 0 )
Activate
set bowlmessage to 0
endif

if ( button == 1 )
set bowlmessage to 3
endif

if ( button == 2 )
StartScript BA_Mixing_sp
set bowlmessage to 0
endif

if ( button == 3 )
StartScript BA_Mix_Dough
set bowlmessage to 0
endif

if ( button == 4 )
Disable
playSound "Item Misc Up"
player->AddItem "BA_Mixing_Bowl" 1
MessageBox "You have put away your mixing bowl."
set bowlmessage to 0
endif

if (button > 0)
set bowlmessage to 0
endif

endif

if ( bowlmessage == 3 )
MessageBox "Make what kind of mix?" "Fruit mix" "Swamp Mix"
set bowlmessage to 4
endif

if ( bowlmessage == 4 )

if ( button == 0 )
StartScript "BA_Mixing"
set bowlmessage to 0
endif

if ( button == 1 )
MessageBox "There are currently no Swamp ingredients available."
set bowlmessage to 0
endif

if ( button >= 0 )
set bowlmessage to 0
endif

endif

End

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin BA_Pre_Grill

short OnPCDrop
short OnPCEquip

if ( OnPCDrop == 1 )
Disable
PlaceAtPC, "BA_Grill01", 1, 0, 0
Set OnPCDrop to 0
endif

if ( OnPCEquip == 1 )
Set OnPCEquip to 0
MessageBox "You must set the grill down before you can use it."
endif

End

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin BA_Grill_sc

short grillmessage
short button

if ( MenuMode == 1 )
return
endif

if ( OnActivate == 1 )
set grillmessage to 1
endif

if ( grillmessage == 0 )
return
endif

if ( grillmessage == 1 )
MessageBox "What would you like to do?" "Put ingredients on the grill", "Cook", "Pick up the grill"
set grillmessage to 2
endif

if ( grillmessage == 2 )

if ( button == 0 )
Activate
set grillmessage to 0
endif

if ( button == 1 )
StartScript BA_Grilling
set grillmessage to 0
endif

if ( button == 2 )
Disable
playSound "Item Misc Up"
player->AddItem "BA_Grill" 1
MessageBox "You have picked up your grill."
set grillmessage to 0
endif

if ( button >= 0 )
set grillmessage to 0
endif

endif

End

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin BA_Grilling
StopScript BA_Grilling

short sphmeat
short sprmeat
short spfmeat
short spcmeat
short fbansl
short faplsl
short fparsl

set sphmeat to GetItemCount BA_A_Hound_Meat_sp
set sprmeat to GetItemCount BA_A_Rat_Meat_sp
set spfmeat to GetItemCount BA_A_Fish_Meat_sp
set spcmeat to GetItemCount BA_A_Crab_Meat_sp
set fbansl to GetItemCount BA_A_Sliced_Banana
set faplsl to GetItemCount BA_A_Sliced_Apples
set fparsl to GetItemCount BA_A_Sliced_Pears

if (sphmeat > 0)
RemoveItem "BA_A_Hound_Meat_sp" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_P_G_Hound_Meat" 1
MessageBox "You have made cooked hound meat!"
return
endif

if (sprmeat > 0)
RemoveItem "BA_A_Rat_Meat_sp" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_P_G_Rat_Meat" 1
MessageBox "You have made cooked rat meat!"
return
endif

if (spfmeat > 0)
RemoveItem "BA_A_Fish_Meat_sp" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_P_G_Fish_Meat" 1
MessageBox "You have made cooked fish meat!"
return
endif

if (spcmeat > 0)
RemoveItem "BA_A_Crab_Meat_sp" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_P_G_Crab_Meat" 1
MessageBox "You have made cooked crab meat!"
return
endif

if (fbansl > 0 )
RemoveItem "BA_A_Sliced_Banana" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_P_G_Fried_Banana" 1
MessageBox "You have made fried banana slices!"
return
endif

if (faplsl > 0)
RemoveItem "BA_A_Sliced_Apples" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_P_G_Fried_Apples" 1
MessageBox "You have made fried apple slices!"
return
endif

if (fparsl > 0)
RemoveItem "BA_A_Sliced_Pears" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_P_G_Fried_Pears" 1
MessageBox "You have made fried pear slices!"
return
endif

else
MessageBox "You need to use different ingredients to grill."
return
endif

End

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin BA_Rolling_Pin

short OnPCEquip
short button
short questionpie

if ( OnPCEquip == 1 )
MessageBox "Would you like to make a pie shell?", "Yes", "No"
Set questionpie to 1
set OnPCEquip to 0
endif

if ( questionpie == 1 )
set button to getbuttonpressed

if ( button == 0 ) ;player wants to make pie shell

if ( "player"->GetItemCount "BA_A_Dough" >= 1 )
MessageBox "You flatten the dough into a pie shell using your rolling pin."
Player->RemoveItem "BA_A_Dough" 1
Player->AddItem "BA_A_Pie_Shell" 1
set questionpie to 0

elseif ( "player"->GetItemCount "BA_A_Dough" < 1 )
MessageBox "You need dough to make a pie shell."
set questionpie to 0
endif

elseif ( button == 1 ) ;player doesn't want to make a pie shell
set questionpie to 0
endif

endif

End

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin BA_Knife_sc

short OnPCEquip
short cutting

if (cutting == 1)
return
endif

if (cutting == 0)

if (OnPCEquip == 1)
Set OnPCEquip to 0
Disable
PlaceAtPC, "BA_Knife_Platter", 1, 0, 0
MessageBox "You set down your cutting board."
set cutting to 1
endif

endif

End

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin BA_Knife_Platter01_sc

short plattermes1
short button
short cutting

if (MenuMode == 1)
return
endif

if (OnActivate == 1)
set plattermes1 to 1
endif

if (plattermes1 == 0)
return
endif

if (plattermes1 == 1)
MessageBox "What would you like to do?", "Add Ingredients to the platter", "Cut ingredients on the platter", "Pick up Platter"
Set plattermes1 to 3
endif

if (plattermes1 == 3)

if (button == 0)
Activate
set plattermes1 to 0
endif

if (button == 1)
StartScript BA_Cutting
set plattermes1 to 0
endif

if (button == 2)
Disable
Player->AddItem "BA_Chefs_Knife01" 1
playSound "Item Misc Up"
MessageBox "You put away the platter."
set plattermes1 to 0
set cutting to 0
endif

if (button >= 0)
set plattermes1 to 0
endif

endif

End

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

nice script. well this mod seems to have halted production, but i have always liked the sound of it. I think it should be an official TR bolt-on. so it is. ill need to be contacted by whoever is still heading it up within the next two/three weeks, if not ill find someone else to take over it.
M1ke
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Sorry I haven't updated. I'm working with Taddeus who will be realeasing the necessities of morrowind v2 in a month or two. After that we will make it work with TR (And fit in a bit better) At least that's the plan. Also when I have more time I want to start scripting for the first part of the armorers mod that will add smithing of different sorts.
If you have any questions please ask me.
BalinMinister

Long time

Post by BalinMinister »

Ive been gone for a long time but i was wondering (@ Assassinance) if Kallikak has sent you the mod he had made for the potting plants, i havent really been able to log in to the Silgrad site for the last few days (duuno why) but ill try to contact him again if he has not sent you the mod.

It sounds promising and im sure it would be of some use to you as we were going to use it in ST as part of a quest that i had proposed, but it fell through the boards

Just checking up

-BM
Bringing back the old school
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Nope I haven't recieved anything to that effect.