Dun Akafell

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

The point was that this would have been Lexie's major seat before she moved to Mournhold. Only after she battled Mehrunes did Mournhold become her seat (that's what Nazz said), so it would fit in great if this was her old city. Peryite was tricked into helping Almalexia in her fight and therefor he cursed her city and she moved away.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

right so this was her old seat before the battle, so the city was built sometime before the battle, and soon after the formation.

however the sinking could have been far after she moved, and the remaining buildings(her palace and temple) would still remain maintained just because she kept them for grandeur reasons

and sunk in that range I gave?
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

No it was cursed and due to the curse it sank. She couldn't do anything about it, she had to abandon the site and build a bigger, grander city at Mournhold to make people forget about this city.

The whole tale still needs some shaping though, so perhaps we can change the dates a bit. Check out [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=4475]this thread[/url] for the quest idea a while back.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

ok, so after a MSN discussion an agreed time period is as follows

-Constructed around 1E1400, known as Aldadim
-Became Almalexia's seat soon after around 1E1500
-After the battle with Dagon at the end of the 1st era it was cursed by Peryite who was promised some sorta payment of men from Almalexia for helping her
-Around 1E50 the city began sinking
-By 1E150 the city was not visible from the surface. and came to be the legendary sunken city of Dun Akafell

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Post by Silvone Elestahr »

Here is what I have so far:

Mournhold is a major city, at the peak of its splendor. But Aldadim, the seat of Almalexia, was a close competitor (probably only because of the presence and leadership of Almalexia herself). Almalexia is threatened by Dagon, and not wanting to let one of her own cities (competitor or not, they contain her people) fall, she steps in. She has Sotha hold the battle while she strikes the deal with Pyerite(spelling). Mournhold is “savedâ€Â￾ but Pyrites end of the bargain is not fulfilled. So he puts a curse on Aldadim, forcing Almalexia to take Mournhold as her own. She rebuilds it (or the dunmer rebuild it, actually), and she takes it as her new seat.

A question:

Was the Tribunal the Tribunal before they were the Tribunal? In other words, were they considered the Tribunal before they had become Gods after the war of Red Mountain and their using of Kagrenacs tools?
"The Tribunal urged Nerevar again to make war on the Dwarves."
Is it the leaders of the houses that make up the Tribunal? Or was it just Almalexia, Vivec, and Sotha? If so, how did they come across this power? How was the Tribunal formed?
"Three of Nerevar's associates among the Orthodox Houses, Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil, succeeded to control of the re-created First Council, re-named the Grand Council of Morrowind, and went on to be come the god-kings and immortal rulers of Morrowind known as the Tribunal, or Almsivi." This says something completely different. Which one is the truth? The first was by an Ashlander, the second by an Imperial who had gathered sources.
The sources from the Imperial Library:
For the first quote-Nerevar at Red Mountain -- Tribunal Temple
For the second quote-The War of the First Council -- Agrippa Fundilius

Information I need:

When was Vvardenfell created? In other words: when did Vivec flood half of Morrowind? Why did he do it?
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

he flooded morrowind after dun akafell was cursed, so it shouldnt take effect with anything involved with dun ak

Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Why is the city called Aldadim? It means reincarnation. What is the meaning behind it. Not picking, just wondering if it could help me in any way with my stories.
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

almelexia always fashioned herself as the rebirth of the anticipations. And you can divide the chimer/dunmer into two lives their good lives, and their cursed lives. So in that way after the tribunal, it was like a rebirth as well

Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Ok, what can we expect from the Temple area. I mean is the the big Daedra dude using it, and why? Is it styled alot like other Temples, or like Mournhold's Temple.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

the temple area will be another slightly intact area of the caves, though not as much as the plaza. The architecture will be a transition from Velothi to Mournhold's temple.

Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Will the beast actually be inside using it or will there be like a passage from where it came to the city from?
Legolas55

Post by Legolas55 »

The temple should be the most damaged since it is a sign of Almalexia. Any statue of Almalexia should be taken down and broken into pieces, maybe even a statue of peryite erected over it.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

In answer to your question, yes the temple is where you would find him. He would take residence here to establish his dominance over the ruins. It was previously the spot of Almalexia herself, so he shows his new power by standing there now, with statues of himself rather than of Almalexia. And do you think it would be cooler to see him in a previously sacred spot rather than hiding in some tunnel?
-Noirgrim
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

No but maybe we should still add a tunnel somewhere anyways, where he invaded sorta speak I guess. I see what you are saying though about taking her place.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

But where would that tunnel lead? Nowhere. The daedra dont come from anywhere but Oblivion, which means they would have to be summoned or they came through a gate. But, you could make a tunnel leading to this gate. But it was decided that we would leave the gate out of it. So I am not sure how we are saying that they came into Dun Akafell. Majra or Vegor might know. Or Prom.
-Noirgrim
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Yes I meant a gate, obviously they would have come from oblivion, but a tunnel that burst through into the Temple might show his breaking into the place I guess. None would be fine of course.
Rishanor

Post by Rishanor »

Ah, and then you collapse a part of the tunnel, so the gate is blocked for any mortals to reach
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Well it isn't needed because he could have shown up anywhere, but I think that it might be interesting to have a big blasted hole in the side of the Temple from where he entered. We don't even need a gate there, just have it under stood that is where he entered from.
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

new set of meshes

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

With all this talk of the temple, should I start work on it soon?
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Who has interiors for which sections? I was semi-interested in a part of the Temple my self but would be happy to do any part of it.

Also I guess that the different sections have multiple interiors in them, such as insides of manors and what not.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

whoa, sirwoot, I think legolas called the temple, I thought you had the interiors for the actual temple

no more requesting or calling stuff until me legolas and vegor come up with a more indepth concept and layout. Trust me there will be plenty of work for anyone who wants to make something original in this project

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

???
so, you're saying legolas is making the OUTSIDE of the temple, like "Dun akafell, temple"; while what I am to work on is "dun akafell, temple: interior"? i'm confused.
However, I should be able to start soon -i'm presently plugging away at my current interior light-speed, so I could start by maybe monday.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Quite correct, I think. Legolas has probably claimed the 'Temple district' area. The ruined temple will be inside it, but the interior of the temple will be a different cell - which you can make. Meshes will be needed first though.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

indeed, which is why I didnt want to rush in the claiming before I have actually made all of these meshes

but here is a more accurate sketch of what the layout will be like

1 is the temple area, claimed by legolas
2 is the commerce area claimed by vegor
3 is res which is almost done
4 is the actual palace interior
5 is a string of tunnels that leads to a back entrance to the library
6 is the library area which I believe Silvone requested the exterior to

there might be some expansions to this, layout, but for now that is what we are lookin at.

prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

I must say Majra that ur meshes look awesome ...perfect and inspiring... :D
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

spanks, but I assure you the best is yet to come, mwahahaha

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

So i'm making the inside of the green thingy, when the time is right... coolX0Rz.

Also, It might be of interest to you guys that I made a new sound; to be used for portals to oblivion. I already have an altar in my exterior claim that functions as one, but the actual portal is closed (and the magic needed to open one is not to be added to TR).
It's wicked-tight too; it sounds like a weird combination of moaning, magic, and satanism :twisted: .
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

mmmm, I dont think we are even allowed to have anything related to a portal to oblivion

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

no, not an actual portal; just a place where a portal WOULD be opened. that will not actually be do-able in game, of course.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

yea, but even that was denied by the core. No gates, no supposed gates, no resemblences of gates. Atleast that is how I interpretted their decision

Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

I don't think that we should have any supposed gates to oblivion here, I am sure you could use your sounds for someting else however, perhaps that wild Telvanni experiment that someone was coming up with.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Well, it's more of a "high-octane" summoning altar; which I'm guessing is used by wizards to bring in REALLY powerful daedra, like those medusa-things prometheus made or Monarchs (ridiculously powerful atronachs). But of course, it's just giving the idea of that; you can' actually USE the altar.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Sounds more like something you would find in a summoning room. I doubt that Dun Akafell would have a summoning room, but it might be something that a group of witches has, or a mages guild.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

My proposal was just to make it the ambient sound effect inside the temple; I imagine if you combine it with near-total darkness it can give the appropriate "even scares the poopy out of a lich" mood that I hope to get with the temple - Cursed, utterly forbidden, and ovverun with daedra. :twisted:
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

Ok i was thinking that i could claim an interior here .... i am not really confortable with tight areas and little tunnels ... u know I prefer exteriors ... but so may be i could try to make an interior but very large plcae if there is any available...... was thinking about a Old Silt strider port if u are agreeing could be added to the layout....
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

Im not sure how big it can be though, the only open area was supposed to be the plaza, and all the rest should have a very cramped feeling

prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

well i was thinking of an upper central waterfall and the surrounds the silt port..... just add one part to it ....and a half the size plaze dimension cave and i'll do the rest...
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

uh, not sure prom, that really goes against the feel of the rest of the caves, especially the size, that is an enormous size, and there is no water in the rest of the caves

prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

i saw stalagmites , this implies that water drops from the ceiling giving the way to calcarous formations , also Mushroms grow in wet and humidous areas , water would fit ... about the size i dont know how big is half the size of plaza , may be one third , bt to be spectacular should be vertically high ....
Totalwar site:

TR download website