When did you start with this project

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

I have a question tough ... who are the founders of TR , how the idea born ?
How it begun to take a shape and hoe it got organized in early stages?
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Ender "I've been with the project from it's first second. Still here, though nowhere near as active and useful."

Answer your question?
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

not at all...
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

ender was the brainchild of the entire idea. He was the founder, not sure who was with him back in those days, but I think some of the old folks (Nazz and so forth) should know :P
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I saw the boards shortly after the project started but I don't member much of anything from back then.
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

The ones I know of who founded the project were Ender and Ash. Ash hasn't been seen since Bloodmoon was released and then only for one post. Ender lurks now but hasn't said much since stepping down from his admin position late last year.

Rodan has been with the project since a few months after its birth in February, 2002. Rodan's been here since June 2002. It was kinda funny to look back at his first posts when the old forum was up. It was like looking at baby pictures in a way, LoL!

Nazz has been here since late 2002. I'm thinking it was October but I'm not sure of that. Noirgrim, Greybeard, Eraser and Kothloth came around the same (as each other, not Nazz) and were here since the new claims system came into being in very late 2002.

Inferno has been here since very early 2003.

Arcadea, Seran, and I came around the same time, March or April 2003.

I think that is all for the really old members who are still here. You guys I forgot to mention and people with more accurate dates feel free to yell at me ;).
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

oh i think i joined in summer 2003.....
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Ender
Developer Emeritus

Post by Ender »

I think what Assassinace is saying is that I am the one who started the project. It begun as a thread in the official forums some months before the game was released. After a few weeks/months some people agreed with me that it is doable (I was quite sick and tired of hearing people shouting "Not in a million years" "No way you are going to be able to organise so many people" etc) and then Ash came along and offered to create the forums for the project. He managed to get web space on m0use.net and the first forums/site were up.

The original "core" team were actually the first few people that were discussing this on the official forums. Ash, me, ActSmiley, MrSlugworth, Moorkh, I am forgetting some. The game was going to get released in some months so we weren't doing much except talking about the organisation of the project. Upon release we started doing some work, getting more organised, getting up FAQs etc. We have already resolved the way we were going to handle the workload (aka Old Claim System). After a few weeks into the project, we were starting to take losses, core members going awol, people claiming stuff and never finishing them, etc. At some point, there were 2 people left in charge, me and Moorkh, the rest were nowhere to be found. Then Moorkh left (actually it is a bit weird, he didn't even say a word) and since he was then responsible for the granting of claims and the updating of the map, the organisation of the project's workload simply stopped. After a week of waiting, I took charge of everything and decided to get some new blood in (I was already working 4 hours a day on the project...). I asked people applying for core work and a week or two after that, Rodan (he already was a member)was accepted on the team.

After some time though, there was (again) some trouble, I was a moderator then, the only Admin was Ash who had created the forums, but he was gone for some time, so we couldn't do much to change/manage the forums. After Rodan persisted in emailing Ash, he finally gave both of us Admin status. Still in charge of updating the map and granting claims I noticed that, people kept claiming something only to drop it at some point without saying a word. So I begun working on a new claims system. After a sort period of time the new claim system was created (Silgrad Tower was using something similar at the time, at a smaller scope).

And that concludes the rough summary of TR's Early Days drama... :P
Last edited by Ender on Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Post by Silvone Elestahr »

I've been around since the old claim system, I just wasn't a member. I knew I wouldn't have been much help, considering I have no patience for exteriors. I remember a lot, but theres a lot I dont remember. The project has evolved, thats for sure. I have no idea how it was started though. I've always wondered the same thing.
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

yeah ..that is what i wanted to know... the story beyond the legend ....

HAIL TO THE FOUNDER PEOPLE
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

Ha! Speak of the devil! I knew this would drag you out of your lurking, Ender! :D How's college treating you?
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Post by Silvone Elestahr »

@ Ender:
Has this project turned out at all like you expected? Anyways, I would like to congratulate you on starting such a grand project, and keeping it going through all of those difficulties. This mod will be unrivaled upon the completion of only Morrowind! Imagine Tamriel! it will be on everyones favorite mods lists!
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

*curtsies at Ender* My Lord :) Always in awe when I am in thy presence.

I thank thee for thy short but concise history :)

On another note, I joined in about February 2003 - didn't say a word. I just asked about Textures......

Yinnie.
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Ender
Developer Emeritus

Post by Ender »

Heh, what can I say, I am a sucker for telling stories :P

I am in the middle of the exam period over here so it is a bit tight right now, but summer break is near... 8)

@Silvone Elestahr:
to tell you the truth, there are times that I think to myself "I created a monster!" :wink: The amount of people working on the project is amazing, and I hope for more!
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

any plans on coming back oh founder of wonderful TR hehe. ?

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

Enders role in things is vastly overrated. :roll:
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

haha Nazz, I know you are kidding, but non knowers might take you seriously, and some sorta holy war will start on these forums again.

hes kidding folks, nothin to see here, move along

Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

Ender: why did you end up leaving your post as Admin/Moderator? (Anyone who knows can address this . . .)
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.
Ender
Developer Emeritus

Post by Ender »

Various reasons, the main one being that I was not able to do much work because of college so I left in order for some one with more free time in his/her hands step in.
Getting a little dissapointed at some people and knowing that the project was (finally) over it's baby steps and could go on with or without me anymore were among my reasons too.

And I never said I was important or something, I just wrote some old facts. Some people just need an idol like Nazz. :wink:
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Amazing story...
All I know is that I will be with TR until the death. seriously.
I have a feeling that someday, like when we get to hammerfell, I might even become a moderator :lol: ...
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

i dubt we will go farther than Skyrim ...but is ok to think about it...
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

people said the same about the old claims, I doubt they'll go past a few cities. There are issues that will come up, but if we can remake skyrim, then we could remake any of the provinces. The models will be the hardest, but if we can do it with skyrim, then rinse, lather, repeat

Vyvara Araneae
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vyvara Araneae »

I'm a recent addition... I joined on Thursday, June 17, 2004, to submit my idea regarding the Sisterhood of the Spider due to Maugan_ra's encouragement. :)
[url=http://thebluequeen.bravehost.com][img]http://a146.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/55/l_4424b83f00b96927698e547d14390aa9.jpg[/img][/url]

"I don't know if I should be honored to be the first one created, or angry that I'm a puddle of ejaculate." -Dexter (02.05.06)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yesterday
Odysseus

Post by Odysseus »

Well I joined a couple weeks ago maybe... But I haven't started yet, I need to save up some money to buy bloodmoon so I can download the maps and then start doing interiors. I cant wait to do interiors oh so fun I love interior design I know that might be weird being a guy and all but I really do...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I started June 7th I believe, I had beed watching the forum since early August 2003 (yeah I know I feel like a stalker), But never really thought I could do anything useful. Later on (I don't know when) I found out about reviewers, and that job facinated me because it was something I could do since I have a very critical eye and I would enjoy doing it. So I joined up for the sheer reason to be a reviewer whenever there was an opening. And Miracle of Miracles, a week after I joined there was a position opening so I took the opportunity, auditioned, and my dream was fulfilled, and I plan to stay a reviewer till I quit which will likely be when Morrowind is complete maybe later depending on how it goes.

So theres my story for those of you who cared :roll:

{BCF01 slaps a few people who fell asleep reading this}
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Feeling like me ? Huh :lol:
I joined on 09 April 2004. Once I was trying to gahter a team on official forums to built Almalexia city (BTW how's Mournhold going to be included in Almalexia ? 8) ) and Nazz invited me here. Since than I made a couple of interiors and now working on my projecte grande - Museum of Dwemer History. Oh BTW I was even a reviewer. Only one day but anyway... :roll: :lol:
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Somehow I knew you'd say something about my post Stalker.

Oh and I forgot to give credit to two people:
Lord_Gallant - He showed me the project and encouraged me to join.
Sniper4- for letting me be a reviewer, thanks man.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

BurningCinderFury01 wrote:Somehow I knew you'd say something about my post Stalker.
If I haven't said something than it wasn't me :)
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Odysseus wrote:I love interior design I know that might be weird being a guy and all but I really do...
well, i guess it does maake you kinda weird, but, it make me really weird :wink:

i joined the new forums fairly recently but have been here since the beginning
Stumpytheguar

Huh...

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draega07

Post by Draega07 »

I've been here from the beginning... I was on the Elderscrolls main boards since before game release (something like febuary 2002) And on here back when the m0use.net boards were around... sometime right as the game came out. ...though, last year I left.. I'm back now.
Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

Feb 13, 2004.

Stumpy- if you love code, why isn't there a few ones in coooooooooooooooooooooooooooode? Perhaps c0010010101101100101101011de? (It's just gibberish, I think)
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.

Post by Guest »

Today - 6 August, 2004
Gooblecakes

Post by Gooblecakes »

yes. coooooo1oooooooooooo1o111o1oo1ooo1oo1o1o1oo1o1ooo1o1ode.

i joined on the old forums under 'eddy black' and had a good time contributing ideas. it was right at the very edge of the transition from old claims to new claims. I do kinda miss the old days... the hayday of clever-clothe, geowulf, and class chreator. we were less bound by lore back in the old days. we had discussions about so many way-out things, that the lore-masters now would comit subukki (with a frizbee) on the spot. one i remember was a rather large discussion entitled 'the tower of flesh' someone had basically suggested that a necromancer had summoned an intire graveyard into one huge tower of flesh, blood and bone. all sorts of people contributed, with ideas that the tower could move, or that when inside it moaned, or attackes you, or zombies would pop out of the walls. such nostalgia...

after a while i got involved in a big flaming match between some guy who went off on me cuz i posted a instruction to take screenshot and he started calling me a n00b who thinks all tr is n00bz who dont know how to take screenshots. when i explained that i was just trying to help, he still said i was a n00b, and if i wanted to prove i wasnt, i had to claim something and make it good.

I did, but it wasnt good. I had revewers hassling me about how i didnt do vertex shading very well, and how some of my kelp was floating and stuff like that, but i thought "its a frikken underwater cell, 4 cells out in the ocean, no-ones gonna care"

when i expressed this opinion, one of the big-wig-thousand-poster-junkies (equivelent of sirw00talot123. now that i think about it may have been sirw00t :shock: ) got something up his ass, and went off on me. i vowed to go deep into the rocky mountains and hone my modding skills as a hermit until i was acceptable. guess what? it never happened.
I came back home and played morrowind for a while, then medieval total war, the warcraft. then i discovered the wonders of dsl, and got back into downloading mods. i started scripting (ya know, coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooode) and now im pretty good at it.

i had all but forgotten this project, until i was cleaning out my favorites list, i found the old site. it directed me to this site, and i began contributing as... Marek. yes, i, the great gooblecakes, am really... marek. i changed cuz my mom got all pizzy that i used my first name as my username, so she made me change it. (yes, marek is my real life first name. my parents must've had a weird sense of humor when they named me). so i changed to the coolest name ever. after several avatar changes, i am here.
  • Gooblecakes - Born-again modder
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

LG you forgot me!
Last edited by Haplo on Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Negrodomous

join

Post by Negrodomous »

hehe...
...Did you guys ever notice that it says when we joined RIGHT UNDER OUR USERNAMES?
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

I should bally well hope so...
Waffleman

Post by Waffleman »

I became a member a couple months after the project orginaly started. Then we had a fall apart or something, i got unregistered, and got some newer better leaders, i re-registered many monthes after I heard the project was back up, and now finaly we are actually getting somewhere! I remeber my first claim on the old project forums was a small forrest city that was completly built in the trees. It was actually very cool and I regret deleting it. oh well, I'll make some more better stuff. :)
If im not back in five minutes, wait longer
<Some Ranyon Ruhn NPCs completed>
<Darconis Sewer-Submitted>
<Working on Necrom Interiors>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I just became a member of this project a couple a days ago.. trying to scrape up the last interiors of Map 2 (as far as my interests go)