Darconis, a few things from it's original creator...

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Draega07

Darconis, a few things from it's original creator...

Post by Draega07 »

Hello everyone, long time no see. Since I built Darconis originally, I thought I'd come by and see how you all have done with it, as well as the rest of the TR project. I have to say, you all have done an amazing amount of work since I left. Of course, I had to go check up on Darconis, since I made it. It has come a long way from where I left it, and for the most part I like what has been done. The landscape is smoothed nicely, and it looks fairly cohesive. I like the introduction of the telvanni as well... it is something I would not have thought to do (that and I suck at working with telvanni parts in the editor)

The rest of the city looks pretty good, though a few minor things still need work. I now find myself having some free time, and if you'll have me, i'd be glad to lend a hand in with this project once again. I noticed all the guards were still drow... something I always meant to go back and change. (they are supposed to be a multitude of races... all hired mercs, except the elite guards in the castle who are mostly orcs) Anyway, I still have many of my original ideas for the city, especially concerning the mines/slums (which I actually redid from all the dock/shack-stuff... apparently you all ended up with an older version of the file than the one I posted when I released my claim.)

I'll be around though, and can also be reached by email at Draega07@hotmail.com

I had trouble getting through the door at the Red Dragon Inn...
[img]http://img68.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Draega07/DarconisNotRight01.jpg[/img]
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

lol! funny picture. I'm glad you're back; as i've done some work on darconis too (I added the cliff models).
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Well there have been some significant changes on how TR is being done so you may want to aquant yourself with the changes. I did the current Darconis storyline because noone could find the old storyline but I would like to hear your input. And if you want to get back in the swing of things there is plenty left to claim so have fun.
Draega07

Post by Draega07 »

It needed those cliffs... looks good too. I'm also glad someone went and fixed the ocean area.. (something I didn't have the patience for)

Assassinace: I'd like to see what you did in terms of the storyline, if you want i can post my original background/lore info for the city... I still recall most of what I had in my head when I started building.

I wanted to mention this as well, I'm not sure exactly if anyone still has the origninal diagram I made of the city (outlining what building is what) But there is supposed to be a mage's guild (building with tower on it in main crystal plaza) as well as a few other specifics, like the Red Dragon Inn (pictured above with the blocked doorway :P )

I was also wondering if anyone is working on the interior of the mine itself, if someone is I ask that you get in contact with me as I'd like to see what you've done, as well as provide some imput as I had a few ideas for the role the mines were to play.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Ok the biggest change that happened while you were gone was telvanni lands were re-telvanniized. That is why half of Darconis is now Telvanni. In doing so the mages guild wasn't allowed to be there. As for the inn you can talk to whoever has that claim and see about if they can modify it. (Check the claiming section).

The basics of what is now in Darconis is that the Mad Lord as he is called by the townspeople was a powerfull telvanni Mouth long ago. However after making a pact with shoegarath he became very powerfull but also very mad. So he ticked off the telvanni councilors and he was sent out here to make a town. Later the Imperials demanded a town and got Darconis and found the diamond mine. More can be found under the Darconis discussion thread and I'll try to find the link when I get home tonight.
I'm interested in what your plan was when you get the chance.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Yes, and the quest that follows the mad lord was written by Bioturtle, Indoril, and Myself. It is probably the most hillarious quest we will be adding, as the guy makes therana look like the most serious person on the continent - at one point he thinks he is a scrib and wants you to kill his pet cliffracer, which is made difficult by the 100+ kwama eggs he "laid" everywhere.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload