Claim Request 6-40

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Wolfmaster 624

Claim Request 6-40

Post by Wolfmaster 624 »

I would like to make a valley with perhaps a river of some sort running through it. This is my first claim so name anything you want to see in these areas.
Last edited by Wolfmaster 624 on Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

You dont build whatever you want. You build what's on the map, exact as possible.
Also, you can only take one claim. which would you rather have?
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Wolfmaster 624

Post by Wolfmaster 624 »

I would like 6-40, do you mean the map from where you check what exteriors are available and also could you tell me how I know which cell(s) are included in the claim and then do I just build in those cells and then post them in forum topic? I would really appreciate if you cleared this up for me because I am a pretty good exterior builder.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

do you mean the map from where you check what exteriors are available
Yes. We are trying to recreate the land of morrowind accurately as possible, so following this map is crucial. Actually, this has already been done for you; as this claim has a file for it (it was given up by indoril, then split into smaller claims). You should also check the texture map to find out what region your claim is in, and in addition I am pretty sure some work has already been done on it. PM yinnie for that file.
and also could you tell me how I know which cell(s) are included in the claim

On the map is a grid with cell coordinates. Find the coordinates of your cells. When submitting the claim, make sure there are only the cells that are in your claim submitted, and if you alter the landscape at all it would be wise to download other people's claims and check if your cell borders match up.
and then do I just build in those cells and then post them in forum topic?
You should post your progress regularly, like once every three days maybe (start a new topic in the map 6 forum for it). Also, it is wise to upload a version of your work about every two weeks.
That's about it, and since your claim has a half-done file for it you will mostly be finishing up what the previous owner left off.

(puts on old grandpa voice)I remember when I just join'd, I lookt at how othah people claim'd and did wha dey did.. I di'nt aks nerbody eny kweschins... naw 's me nappy time. :)
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Wolfmaster 624

Yinnie

Post by Wolfmaster 624 »

Yinnie wont answer me since I asked him for his progress .he was on for the last two times I was here(which is everytime I have been on) and still hasnt sent me the progress he made could you talk to him for me
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

Yinnie is an extremely busy.... and sexy :oops: .... lady Im sure she will help you out when she can, please remain vigilant (borrowed this word from my president) and patient.
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Patientce young fellow...the Admins(including yinnie) are very busy people and yes...as you didnt know, Yinnie is indeed a woman, a very beautiful one at that, even though ive never seen her...

But nonetheless a beautiful woman on the inside :P

-BM
Bringing back the old school
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Well i guess us asian-american folk can agree on that... :lol:
Bringing back the old school
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

gah double post!!! come on balin your better than that, *spanks you*

and she is very cute as I have been allowed to actually look upon the face of this goddess
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

This post appears to be turning from a claim to a post of praise for Yinnie . . . random change . . .
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

Yinnie wont answer me since I asked him for his progress .he was on for the last two times I was here(which is everytime I have been on) and still hasnt sent me the progress he made could you talk to him for me
Wolfmaster,
Ummm.. All the PM's I got from you are concerning interior claims and I have replied to those. I didn't get any questions about exterior claims from you...

Try checking your 'Sentbox' and 'Outbox' - my inbox may have been full when you sent them PM's.

BTW, I will have to ask you to direct these questions to Moderators in charge of Exterior Claims - Noirgrim, Lord Gallant and Rodan. I have no jursidiction here and I cannot/will not give you a definite answer :) Try asking them 3.

Yinnie.

Majra & BalinMinister: aww.. gawsh.. *blush* :)
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

you seem to be quite a draw Yinnie. Do you look anything like your avatar i wonder? *wonders what smiley is appropriate there*

and if you do get the claim Mr Wolf, I will have the claim above, developements will be posted for that one (6-39) in the Kha'Ank thread in Group Map 6, so check there for border matching or if you want to make any of the outlying rice fields for our town in your claim.
M1ke
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

What is your question Wolfmaster?

This might answer a few. The 6-40 claim has several definite things about it. For one, the whole area is in the Ascadian Isles style (as per the texture map). Also, there are no rivers to be seen in this claim, there is one road running through it, and there is a speck of mountainous area in the Northeastern corner. These features can be a little difficult to make out on the claims map in the "Available Claims" thread, so you might want to look at where your claim is on the big Morrowind map on the mainpage. This is usually clearer and larger.

Besides the general map features, you have to also make sure your claim fits with the claims bordering it. Look in the "Available Claims" thread to find out who's working on claims bordering yours, download what they have, and then load them up into the TESCS along with your claim (just make sure that your claim is the one checked as the "active" file). Then, match up the borders in terms of hieght (as best you can), ground texture, and level of detail. This makes it so that your claim will merge well with the rest of the map when the core team merges the map.

Aside from these things, you are largely on your own. We as that you do not put any huge, lore violating, wonders of the world in your claim, as well as no unbalancing items like daedric armor, artifacts, or Storm, Earth and Fire Battle Axes of Eternal Torment and Godlike Anguish. To help give you some general guidelines of what we expect and will frown upon, there is a FAQ subforum at the top of the index page ;)

And I'd like to have it known that Yinnie beat the tar outta me in the "This or That" "Lord_Gallant or Yinnie" matchup :)
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
Wolfmaster 624

Eager To start

Post by Wolfmaster 624 »

Well first of all I would like to apolagize to yinnie I was just very eager to get started on what looked like an AWESOME project. I have also decided to give up on all the interior stuff I asked for since I got the claim I wanted. Now I have three questions one to yinnie could you please send me your progress on the 6-40 claim. The next to I just need to know to help me work on the claim. Should I pm the people araound my claim for there progress so I can match terrain and could someone tell me how to get to the tree texture or meshes pack Gimli the Dwarf talks about alot in if topics I've gone to the main page and downloads page but can never find it. Thanks for your help guys and gals
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

Now I have three questions one to yinnie could you please send me your progress on the 6-40 claim
My progress? Huh? What? *looks bewildered* I didn't claim 6-40. ...... What? *confused*

You can find 6-40 [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=5860]HERE[/url] or http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=5860

You don't need to ask around because the surrounding claims would already match. Because.... *starts mumbling* something something or the other. :D Oh read the thread I just gave you the link to above.

Thank you...

:oops: Yinnie.

1ke: Heh... *shrugs* :D
LG: Shhhhhhhh...
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Post by Rodan »

Sorry, I have been away Wolfmaster. You may make the claim for this area but you must use the file available for this area. It's already been matched up with the others. These claims seperated from 6-19 need finishing so all that needs to be done is added statics and objects. So if you are okay with this just let me know and you may have it. :)
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"
- Bugs Bunny

Yes, that is a Dusty (my cat)

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34
Lots of interiors for Black Light

Current Projects:
None
Wolfmaster 624

Post by Wolfmaster 624 »

Yeagh Im okay no problem hey thanks for all our help guys now can someone still please answer the two questions I asked last time I wrote here.

Oh and yinnie the reason I asked you for your progress was because someone told me that you had the claim before
Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Post by Rodan »

The claim really does not need any additional files. Just bring it up to over 100 - 125 statics per cell. Just want one final ok and the claim is yours!
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"
- Bugs Bunny

Yes, that is a Dusty (my cat)

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34
Lots of interiors for Black Light

Current Projects:
None
Wolfmaster 624

Post by Wolfmaster 624 »

yes sir, understood sir

lol :D
Wolfmaster 624

Sorry

Post by Wolfmaster 624 »

:( I have some bad news. You see I have been working on my own mod and thought I could work on it and claim 6-40. Unfortunatly this hasn't worked out so I would like to give the claim to lore_byder who tried to claim the claim a few days after me. And after me and Lord_Gallant (Lord_Gallent) :) already made fools of each other on his thread I think he is most deserving to get the claim. As I mensioned before I haven't made any progress so I wont upload a file that has changed and is already available somewhere else. Sorry for the delay I have made in the claims progress and I hope to have time in the future to make up for it. Sorry guys and gals