Falinesti creatures

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

BalinMinister

Falinesti creatures

Post by BalinMinister »

Hello and sorry to make a new thread but i would like to know if the creatures listed in the Uber-Creature guide sticky (and their subsequent pictures) will be officially used by TR....

I am writing a book on Valenwood (Falinesti) and am going to heavily describe the culture and surroundings (as best i can) of Falinesti

BTW...i have the impression that falinesti is located on the premise of a humonguous tree....am i correct?
Bringing back the old school
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

yes. the tree also moves, but TR wont be doing this with the city (feel free to write about it though).
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Oh ye of little faith SirWoot... It wouldn't be too hard to script a city that moves. Maybe not while the player is standing on it, but still...
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

script 9 cells of objects to move back and forth? that script would make the framerate around .05 ...
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Well, the trees themselves could sway and be activators, to make them feel more alive, and you could have a script that changes the location of the city when the player is away.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

the thing is, it migrates back and forth AND IT TAKES 6 MONTHS PER TRIP. bam. :P
And then there's the problem of what to do if the player is in the city too (MW engine doesnt let NPCs or the player stand on a moving object then move with it).
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Well if they hang around the city for months hoping to see it move, they'll just be sadly disappointed.
Garinator

Post by Garinator »

cant we invent sum lore 2 xplain y it moves only when the pc isnt there?
sumthing like how we no the earth moves but we cant feel it mayb?
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Calm down, we'll be doing the city. I thought of a fairly easy way to get the city to appear to move, not screw up FPS and be inside.

We make an exterior mesh of what the city is like(big tree city), we have a script that moves just that, and how you get into the city. The actual city itself would be an interior like mournhold. The script would simply enable/disable The big outside tree depending on the time of year, and change the exit's teleport coords to match. So if you are in the city long enough and leave, it'll be in a different place.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

good idea!
Hold on sec, my keyboard is sliding off the desk, i gotta catch it b4 it jnkgdnldnl
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

So how's it going to be made to look good?
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

why worry about that right now, it will look great if we ever get to it

the problem is people are worryin too much about other provinces and not caring about the one already being worked on :P
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

The uber creature guide is as official as it gets right now. If better information is presented the info in it will be changed. Not sure if that answers your question so if you need a better answer please ask and be specific.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

btw falinesti wasn't the name of one of the elven kindoms of dragonlance?
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Eyeball88
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eyeball88 »

prometheus wrote:btw falinesti wasn't the name of one of the elven kindoms of dragonlance?
Qualinesti, Silvanesti and Kagonesti :)

I thought it sounded like it though.
Eyeball88
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eyeball88 »

So, does the tree walk? How does it move? Does it kind of just drag its roots, or what? And how big is it?

(Oh, and sorry for the double post, I wasn't paying attention)