Dialogue and Quest Reviewers Signup (closed)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Veet
Developer Emeritus

Dialogue and Quest Reviewers Signup (closed)

Post by Veet »

With the opening of Dialouge and Quest claims I have discovered yet another thing I need to get started on. We will be needing new reviewers for these areas. Each quest has both a technical and a literary side and will be reviewed in both aspects so we will need people who are savy with both scripting and english composition. While of course we would like people who are good with both I'm not holding my breath for an entire crew who is so I will look at people for just one aspect. I think we are going to try something a little diferent this time though and try to come up with a quick little quiz just to see what you've got.

If you are interested please make a post here and let me know if you are wanting to work with technical, literary, or both.
Last edited by Veet on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I would like to review quests, please.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Are you saying QUEST CLAIMING IS FINALLY OPEN!!?!?!?!?!

I mean, I would sign on to review quests, but if quest claiming is open I have some work to do. Like claim a bunch of Telvanni quests.

EDIT: Well, if I'm not actually making a quest myself I could probably review the literary, dialogue parts of quests. And edit them, too. I'm probably going to claim some NPC's right now.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Quest claiming is not yet open but the first area is only a day or two away from having its NPCs placed, then it will be open. So the more NPCs get claimed and done the quicker we open areas to questing.

And could you guys eddit your post to include if your interested in the Technical part Literary part or Both.
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What do you mean by the technical part, that will probably be the part I want, but what do you mean by "technical".
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

technical would be both scripting and double checking triggers for dialogue and topic order ect...
-- Winston Churchill
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

And what do you mean by literary?
DoctorPhanan

Post by DoctorPhanan »

he probably means the more creative and idea type of writing.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I can do both of those probably. :wink:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hey veet sniper4 gave me the quiz a week ago.i havent heard from him but just to let u know i cant script worth crap.i might be doing interior reviewing if i can ever find all the mistakes in the combined.esp file.i think i found most.so if u see sniper just let him know that if he needs more mistakes found i'll look after band camp this week.maybe tonight even if i have time.
sxotty
Developer

Post by sxotty »

I may be able to help with literary part. If I am doing that will I simply be editing or actually making important changes/suggestions. Here is why I ask. I played sea of destiny and it was horrible. There were not errors in the language so much as just terrible terrible dialogue. For example, when you spoke with the head honcho he would say "Go get a report from so and so in such and such place" Then you do so and come back he says "Hmmm interesting now go get a report from such and such", and so on forever it had to be the worst writing ever. I mean most of the quests in morrowind end up in a few categories but the writing can elevate them to a level where they are entertaining and draw the player in or it can make them seem to be meaningless fetch, kill, find quests.
cells completed: 39
claims 6-20;6-19
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

Sign me up to do literary reviewing. I'm already an editor for the Lit. forum, so it shouldn't be too different, right?
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.
The_Writing_Wraith

Post by The_Writing_Wraith »

If your willing to let me, I'd love to help review the non-scripting side of things.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I'm willing to review both literary and technical. Trust me, I'm an engineer[ing student], I thrive on pointing out mistakes. :)
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
battle_bison

Post by battle_bison »

I would definitely do both. I know how to make quests and the like and speak English very well. I guess I'm ready for the test :) [/u]
Turn Off Your Computer And Go To Sleep
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

I guess i should offer my services as i will be having oh so little to do with the CS in a few weeks or so....im an editor over at the Lit forum so i guess i can do the literary part
Bringing back the old school
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

I would suggest a lot of people switching to dialogue checking rather than editting. Personally I think dialogue checking is wayyyyyy more needed soon. I mean yes, BoT is important, but if you look how many new books we already have, I don't personally believe we should keep pumping them out like we have so far. More books good, so many books that it becomes a whole project in itself, not good :P
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Okay I've been thinking about this and here is what I'm going to do. Some of you I already have a good idea of what you are capable of and others I don't. I mentioned a test of sorts that I had not at the time worked out details on but now I know how I want to test this. The test of skill for the quest and dialouge people will be a practical test. everyone who has submited themselves for consideration I want you to write up and claim a small miscelanious quest. Details on this type of quest can be found at the folowing link;

http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/viewtopic.php?t=6619

Also details on how to claim can be found here;

http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/viewtopic.php?t=6582

Be sure to mention in the claim that this is being submited for consideration as a reviewer.

Good luck, and make us proud :wink:
-- Winston Churchill