Old Ebonheart

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

I don't know if you have noticed this, but in the second picture, the door on the righthand tower does not match up with the doorframe. I thought I would catch that now.
Also, the city seems a little low to me. I pictured OE as having tall towers and keeps. This has a lot of walls, but where is the actual castle?
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

haplo's half.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Oi Haplo, can we see some screens of the cool tall big stuff?
Forgive my assertiveness, but the Imperial tileset is my favorite, and I really appreciate well-done castles. The first time I saw Helios Keep, I almost had a conniption. I'm hoping to have a heart attack when I see Old Ebonheart.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

helios? arent they the people that make kefir? anywho, yes haplo, show us what youve done with YOUR half of the olden ebonheart`e.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

here is a screen of my current progress.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

hard drive problems have set me back about 3 weeks to 1 month and I will not be able to get back to this claim until next week if I am lucky.
I AM NOT GIVING IT UP.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

actually, I am giving it up.
IT'S ALL YOURS HAPLO! :P
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

hey, i'd like to work on this one...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

well, hes been wanting to give it up, and only to someone experienced. he hasnt been on for ages, but his AIM adress is tythedrummerboy.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Actually, I want in on this too. If either of you want, me and Kingfish can take some of it.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

And I can do some detailing if you want... Just not landscape editing...
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

And I can bake cookies :D
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

well, detailing is the ONLY thing there is left (apart from a castle that needs to be added in the NW half).
the claim is 16 cells, so splitting it evenly amongst 3 modders might be a tad difficult.. oh i know!
maybe stalker could do the west half, dexter the east half, and when those are done kingfish could add the castle.
G.M.K.

Post by G.M.K. »

If you needed another person I could always join in.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

hmm, maybe you could do the wilderness/riverbed, GMK.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

ANYWAY...They can't do anything YET cause its still all mine :) But I've been busy with school lately and have hardly gotten squat done...but I added like 3 or 4 trees...sirwoot addeda bout 30 or 40 :-) *looks dazzled* so I've got a bunch of work to do as well.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

I want a version of this claim *now*. All cells included. Doesn't matter how much of the detailing is made, just so that the amount of interiors is about right.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

ok. Well the interiors will change. Since sirwoot added a few to his side and he lost his version. I sent my latest version to him about half an hour ago via MSN and he's working on it asap. I'll upload a version without them now. I got a virus and lost my version too, but I was able to salvage just a tad of mine and add a couple my trees and clutter to it.

---

I HOPE its not a corrupted file

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

and he's working on it asap.
huh?
am i supposed to tree-ify it or something??
if so, should've mentioned that earlier...
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Of course it's corrupted when you say something like that! Now, bring me a working version :)
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

haplo, try using IZarc or winzip instead of winRAR. you have proven in the past that when you use winRAR, the only thing to come out is a corrupt file. :P
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

ok heres a winzip version:

EDIT: It wont let me upload it as .zip :(

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/ebonheart_old1.zip.

Teli

Post by Teli »

I guess the upload quota has been exceeded again then.
Working on:

Knuttin' atoll
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

and I just emptied mine too :-(

Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Since Wooty dropped his half of OE, I volunteer to work on it. I can use his older files as a basis, and use your files to make sure our halfs have similar styles. When school starts, I will have more free time to work on the mod (does that sound backwards? Well it's true).
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Post by Rodan »

Whatever is available, PM me and I'll give you the FTP settings to put it up on my server. We need OE finished so I'll use my space for the d/l.
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"
- Bugs Bunny

Yes, that is a Dusty (my cat)

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34
Lots of interiors for Black Light

Current Projects:
None
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

ok. I'm waiting for sirwoot to finish his little thingie he has to do for the trees then I'll upload it once he sends it too me and I fix a couple things. Then dex you can download it and we can figure out the halved thing via AIM

also, is it possible for a moderator/administrator to empty out another user's attachbox? if so, we need someone to do that ASAP, cause I can't add a 16kb picture...

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I'm not doing that till everything else in the city is done, haplo. I thought I made that clear. :P
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

oh...well...ok...then dexter...do you have MSN?

Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Yes I do. There should be a button for it in my profile.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

dexter has gotten an up-to-date version of OE and is currently working on his half(starting tomorrow). I've added a bunch more trees. Here's soem screens(hopefully) of what I've accomplished...

Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

I'll get started on rebuilding the landmass tomorrow, and I should be able to actually start placing statics by Sunday. I move into my college appartment on Friday and my birthday is Saturday, so don't expect much out of me on those two days.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

what the hell are you doing rebuilding the landmass?! only FINISH WHAT WAS STARTED, jeez.
We've been mean enough to bladmand by banning him for getting mad at noirgrim; it would be extremely distrespectful to dispose of his work.
There's a big area there that is completely undeveloped anyway.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Bladmand was banned for personally insulting each core member. The guy was nothing but disrespectful.
And where am I to find the landmass? Nobody has said anything to me about your half of the landmass being available. In fact, you told me that you no longer had the ESP. If the landmass is already built somewhere, by all means, show me where it is so I can make less work for myself.
Next time offer to help me out in a friendly manner before you jump on me like a rabid adolescent. I stomp rabid adolescents.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Post by Rodan »

I do not have the latest version yet so Dexter I'm sorry but I cannot give you the file.
- Bugs Bunny

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34

Current Projects:
None
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

Ok. Sirwoot,

At this moment its Dexter and haplo who has the claim.

Since you did not and cannot give Dexter your esp of your half I am saying Dexter has the right to do what he wants - he wants to start from scratch on his half to match with haplo's half then by all means. What is he supposed to do if he doesn't have the thing to start with?

Yinnie.
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

there IS an ESP that has that half. give me about 1 hour to 1 day, and I will find it on my CDs. It is the whole claim though, and doesnt contain any of the work I did.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

I have a recent version of the city. I think it'd be a waste to dispose of all this work and start from scratch. Perhaps it helps if you know that several people next to me and Bladmand have been working on the city before.

Still, it's all up to you, but here's the most recent version of Old Ebonheart I could find.

The attachment function is disfunctional, so I'll send it to Yinnie so she can place it here.
Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Post by Rodan »

Everyone please relax. All I'm asking for is the half of the file that needs to be completed by Dexter. I will give my FTP settings so the file can be used by Dexter so OE can be finished.
- Bugs Bunny

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34

Current Projects:
None
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I've just sent the latest version of OE to Yinnie, so she can host it for dexter to download...and dexter...even though you can...DONT REBUILD ANYTHING!!! JUST ADD ON TO WHATS THERE!!! The count of people who have worked on OE is around 9-10 people!