Gouped 6-23 and 6-36 progress

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Liliath

Gouped 6-23 and 6-36 progress

Post by Liliath »

Nothing special to show for now, land was raised, shaped and textured, I figured out the genral lay out of the mining complex. I'm also waiting for a model I requested in the creatures and models section ( a rock cave exterior ), but seems that nobody want to model it for me, I guess I'll have to do without it...

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Finally after days of cooperation with Bladmand and Teli, I got my exterior cave mesh. I also started building the slaves quarter of the mine. The next thing I need to know will be what materials I put in the mine. I'm not sure the OOT already include the gems Arcaeda listed in a stiky in the models section...

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Little update here. I couldn't really work so much on the claim lately, for several reasons, but it's getting done slowly.

Pics are the slaves quarter and the other one, the path that leads to the exterior cave mine you can see in the background.

[img]http://liliath.tamriel-rebuilt.org/Slaves.jpg[/img]
[img]http://liliath.tamriel-rebuilt.org/cavemine.jpg[/img]

Liliath.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

As Nazz asked me, I'm reworking on 3-19 a bit at the momoent, so no big news about my current map6 claim. Just telling that I didn't give up on 6-23 & 6-36.

Liliath.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Could you please give us an update on these two claims?
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

I should be able to work on them again soon, as I moved two weeks ago in a new town, and had no computer there. Just bought a new one. Anyway, Nazz had asked me to rework my 3-19 claim in the same time, as it was quite a shame. I'm almost done with 3-19, so map6 claim shoul come soon ... No worries, no need to revok ... :)

Liliath.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Mmh ... on this [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=245]map[/url], one can see that my two claims are supposed to be hlaalu style ... Sadly I started it in Dres ... Would be sad if I had to change everything, but I'll do it if I'm asked to. So, do I have to switch to Hlaalu ?

Liliath.
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

Check the faction map in the front page...

That map claim thing states the majority area of the place... I may have missed something. But check on the faction map just in case......

And yell at me if I got it wrong.. :P

Yinnie.
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

That shack village looks great :)
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Ah well ... I guess it's in hlaalu sector ... Hlaalu it will be then ...
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

I submitted claim 3-19 a few days ago, so now I'm focusing on this claim. I decided to remove a model that was supposed to be the interior of a cave, as the textures were too stretched, and didn't match the rest of the landscape. So I started building the inner part of the cave myself with WG rocks .. Should look nice at the end ... Removed all that was Dres, as it's Hlaalu now ...

I'll keep reporting more often now.

Liliath.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Yeah err, not so often it seems eh ?
Anyway, Koth asked me to rework a bit claim 4-13, which I am doing at the moment, so no big update on this claim. While reworking on 4-13, I'm looking for models that would fit in this claim. I might use some Ndib's cliffs models I would retexture in WG ...

Liliath.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

I took a look at Noir's recently released 6-9 claim, and as Oak Town is purely redoran, as well as Mar Giatha ( Vagara's closest village to my claim, east), I decided to use redoran style in my claim, instead or Hlaalu. Thatway it'll look better ...

Liliath.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

You should look at the 'Architecture Coordiniation' thread in the 'exteriors' forum. It will tell you what you need to know.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Thanks Noir, but I know that ...

My claim, and more precisely the few buildings I will add will be in the cercled area. Now it is Hlaalu indeed ( I did plan to make it Hlaalu at first ), but the only road that goes though the claim is the one that links Oak Town and Heimlyn Keep ( Mar Giatha ), which are two redoran towns. I would find it strange to find a Hlaalu mine right in the middle of the path linking those two redoran towns ... So what shall I do ?

Liliath.
Attachments
Redoran or Hlaalu ...jpg
Redoran or Hlaalu ...jpg (32.49 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

The general layout is done now, borders were match with the surrounding claims.

I would like to know If I can add a dwemer ruin in my claim, as I figured out that a big mining complex wouldn't fit that much to the claim, so I'd like to keep the mining thing but have it interiors ( no exterior sky opened mine, add a dewemer ruin ( linked to the interiors mines where the exerior mine was to be.

So ... is a dwemer ruin OK ? ( would be in the circled area drawn in the previous post.

Liliath.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Some update :

Global view :

[img]http://liliath.tamriel-rebuilt.org/6-23-36_3.jpg[/img]

The mine office and barracks, to keep control on the slaves :

[img]http://liliath.tamriel-rebuilt.org/6-23-36_2.jpg[/img]

Never thought building those railways would be so tiring ... :

[img]http://liliath.tamriel-rebuilt.org/6-23-36_1.jpg[/img]

Liliath.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

looking good L
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
sxotty
Developer

Post by sxotty »

I did some railways before too they are a pain, but you get used to it :P
cells completed: 39
claims 6-20;6-19
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Looks good so far, the level of creativity impresses me! Keep up the good work and prosper!
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

The pictures are amazing, but I am not sure whether Redoran are slaveholders. If this is a Redoran mine, there should be no slaves (slaves quarters), but it might be just mine build by Redoran and rented to (captured by) Telvani or Dres.
THEO
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Yeah indeed that's a slight problem ... Actually, I was granted the claim as Dres, so I started building the slaves quarter, then I was told it was Hlaalu and Hlaalu it should be indeed according to the Houses map, still as I stated in a previous post, the road is ended ( in both ends ) by redoran towns and villages, so I felt it would seem better to have it redoran style instead ... Anyway, things are done now, but if someone has any good proposal to solve my little problem ... Renting slaves ... why not ...

Liliath.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

You could just refashion it as a Hostel or Inn or something along those lines for the Redoran miners, and keep the guard quarters and everything. Or you could come up with a story about how the Hlaalu have rented the mine (but that would require more work for people later on)
Rishanor

Post by Rishanor »

It may have been Redoran originally, but claimed by house Hlaalu, who also have brought their own slaves. It wouldn't be the first dispute between Hlaalu and Redoran over a mine that includes slaves as well (Caldera)...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Unlikely unless the Hlaalu had another route to the mine as Redoran controls both roads on either side.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Little pic of something I came up to with a few planks ...

[img]http://liliath.tamriel-rebuilt.org/6-23-36_4.jpg[/img]

Liliath.
Rishanor

Post by Rishanor »

Nomadic1 wrote:Unlikely unless the Hlaalu had another route to the mine as Redoran controls both roads on either side.
Maybe that's a nice thing to work some quest-plots around? A secret passage that enabled house Hlaalu to gain control over the mines, or another reason...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

As long as it is:
a) Original (it can't be like the situation in Caldera. Poeple would just think you aren't being original)
b) Logical (as in it makes some sense, and can explain away everything)
c) Believable (speaks for itself, really. No stupid or bizarre situations or explanations)
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Little update : the dwemer ruin is almost done, needs detailing ...

[img]http://liliath.tamriel-rebuilt.org/6-23-36_5.jpg[/img]

Liliath.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Global overview of the claim :

[img]http://liliath.tamriel-rebuilt.org/6-23-36_6.jpg[/img]

Liliath.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

You have good detail there, but make sure the road is the most detailed thing in the claim. Add plansts, small rocks, etc...
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

:) Detailing hasn't really started yet ... No worries ..

Liliath
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Detailing ...

[img]http://liliath.tamriel-rebuilt.org/6-23-36%207.JPG[/img]

Liliath.
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Looking good Liliath!

Only one thing about the dwemer ruin, the telescope points directly up. I have never seen a telescope pointing directly up, not in real life and not in The Elder Scrolls.
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter