Main computer is lost for now

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Main computer is lost for now

Post by Rodan »

I've been away for awhile and it's because of this. On the 10th, the power supply on my main computer blew and I've had no internet access until now. I'm using my laptop which was just returned to me on Sunday but my work schedule caused a few days delay (It's been a tough schedule). So I'll update everyone on a few things:

1. - Have I left TR? - The explanation above should give the reason.

2. - Map 2 file on my server - I've found out today that my ISP did a little cleaning on my server and had a talk with them. They said I'm able to readd the file back but the file is only on my main computer. Anyone who has the recent file can tell me and I'll give my server settings for putting the file back up.

3. - Updating the maps - Also a problem. My main computer has the only source files. I backup my files every few months but when the power supply blew the files are on those HD's. The only way I can update is create new files. So if the wait is prolonged I will have to build new .ai files so the maps can be updated.

I wish I had happier news but this is why. No excuses, no falsehoods, and no computer. It's a bad situation for me for now. But with the laptop I'm able to at least get back here.
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"
- Bugs Bunny

Yes, that is a Dusty (my cat)

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34
Lots of interiors for Black Light

Current Projects:
None
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Are you sure your hard drive is dead? if a power supply blows, it usually prefers taking the mainboard down with it, not the HD.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload