the relationship with silgrad

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Anonymous

the relationship with silgrad

Post by Anonymous »

well, silgrad's been on its own for a while(and seems to be dying), but the version of silgrad that is being used in tr- is it considered finished? silgrad itself seems like a finished product, TR is doing something different with it, since they decided to go off on their own...
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Noirgrim built a redoran version of silgrad from scratch.. no part of the ST mod was used. It is on map 5.. or maybe 4... so we are not done with it yet. I believe the exterior is made though.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

does this mean there will be no annoying fairies and out of lore thingies?
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

None :)
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

If you want to see it, download the group map 5. It is claim 5-2, check the maps.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Eyeball88
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eyeball88 »

I remember that I lurked around here when this project was still collaborating with Silgrad, but I never figured out exactly why it stopped. Other than the fact that the Silgrad Tower team didn't much care for lore?

Also, wasn't TR collaborating with that Valenwood mod team? I seem to recall that as well.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i liked silgrad, but it went way too far out of lore for me. the fairies were the last straw, so i got rid of all the anti-lroe i'd seen. unfortunately, that was before i played the quests...
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Silgrad and TR were too far apart artistically. We decided to split for both projects' best. I am sad to hear that the project may not be finished ... but I made my choice to stay with TR. It was a hard choice, mind you ... but I don't regret it.

Also, there were some personal animosities on both side that, umm, werer ather detrimental to the project as a whole.

As for Valenwood and the Black Marsh rebuilt project ... the cooperation was more like a loose ageement than actuall, match-the-maps cooperation. I haven't even checked out VW's site yet, myself ... BM Rebuilt will not be quite compatible since it'll be a TC, situated at the same place Morrowind province of TR's will be.
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Vagara

Post by Vagara »

Silgrad Tower is doing their thing and Tamriel Rebuilt is doing their thing.

Silgrad is working on releasing Beta 4 by end of year. So activity (exteriors, interiors, quests, etc.) are mostly done... just filling in the blanks (so to speak...)

TR continues to actively create exteriors and interiors. A Map 1 version has been released (exteriors and interiors only). More will undoubtedly follow...
I'm probably not the most popular Nord around these parts...
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

Ok, run this by me Hermit, because I always wondered this. Why not just use TESFaith to move Black Marsh down 50 or so cells? I saw BM a while ago, and It looked pretty cool from what I saw.
(Day-kin)
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Of course we can do that ... but due to the fact they use a different scale in their map, your borders would not match up anyway.
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

Ahhh! ok, thanks for the quick reply!
(Day-kin)
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

No problem. :)
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

there is something mildly ominous about that smiley...