Port Telvanis and Business papers

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Port Telvanis and Business papers

Post by Majra »

Is port telvanis going to require all the same needed papers like in Sadrith Mora? This is somethin I need to know for my NPC claim, or will this be implemented later somehow?
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

Hospitality papers?
Yeah.

Yinnie.
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Are they going to be created and added to BoT or something?
If not, I'd like to go ahead and 'claim' it so that the papers are already complete and we don't have to worry about it.
Last edited by Haplo on Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

The hospitality papers in Sadrith Mora don't do anything though. It doesn't matter if you have them or not. Personally I think if we're going to add them to Port Telvanis all the Port Telvanis NPCs should refuse to deal with the player unless they have papers.
Claims completed:
Yashazmus, Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Sirrilas, Shrine of Mephala
Moriken, Abandoned Dunmer Stronghold
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
Assorted other boring claims.
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

actually in SM, I couldn't deal with some merchants, and had a reputation of 14 with them. Then, when I bought the papers, they talked to me, and would do business with me.....maybe it was just a fluke though...
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

Oh! Maybe I'm wrong then. I never did try to do much business with the Sadrith Mora folks. Although I definately bought stuff from the alchemist without papers, but it might be just Dunmer in Sadrith Mora who dislike you if you don't have papers.
Claims completed:
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

in the actual town, outside the imperial part, it made a huge difference.
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

haplo12345 wrote:Are they going to be created and added to BoT or something?
If not, I'd like to go ahead and 'claim' it so that the papers are already complete and we don't have to worry about it.
Script and paper is added by moi.
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Majra wrote:in the actual town, outside the imperial part, it made a huge difference.
Yep, modded their dispostion with 20-30 I don't know the exact number. I believe you can check out the Sadrith Mora dialogue, it should say it there. Port Telvannis should have something similar. Perhaps even a bigger bonus when using the papers. Say a base disposition of almost 0 without papers, and with them around 40, even lower than standard. That should reflect their hatred of outlanders pretty well.
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

0 sounds a bit extreme to me. 0 is absolutely dispising someone. Enough that you'd concider killing them if you were a slightly more violent person. I think 20 would be enough, 20 is severe dislike, but not actual hatred. 20 is about what the Cammona Tong start out as, and nobody hates outlanders more than the Cammona Tong.
Claims completed:
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Yeh, sounds reasonable. 50 is base disposition, 20 would be a good amount. It's usually 35-40 with me because I play Orcs and Nords, so it ends up being 5-10 anyway.

But as base disposition 15-20 would be ok, with a 30 bonus for the papers.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yeah but only certain people should dislike you, the real telvanni bigshots not the lowly comoners and paupers most traders not affiliated with telvanni should say something like: not now I dont want to get caught speaking with law breakers or something

I think this because rules are strict and the people saying that ^^^ would most likely be afraid of geting penilized for speaking to you....just a thought