Map 1 Guild Quest Discussion (Morag Tong)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

greeting: Hello, %PCRank, I have a task for you. A few Ordinators are cleaning out a daedric shrine, devoted to Mephala. It actually is a Dark Brotherhood hideout.

topic: cleaning out; Yes, the necromancers are just fakes, they actually are members of the Dark Brotherhood. I don't want the Ordinators be killed by them, so I want you to go to their camp near the Shrine, and kill there leader, named *yet to be named*. Fortunately, there is a dunmer noble that wants him dead, so I have a official writ here for you. When their leader is dead, I want you to drop a note in his desk.

topic: a note; Yes, here it is. It is a letter from himself, saying that he payd the Morag Tong to assasinate him, for him being not really devoted to the Temple. The Ordinators will definately stop attacking the shrine. Then I want you to go into the shrine yourself, and kill all Dark Brotherhood members you encounter. After that I want you to place this dagger on the statue of Mephala. It belonged to a brother of us, but he was slayed by the Dark Brotherhood. We honor him to offer this to Mephala, and Mephala will be pleased.

Player->additem tr_note_morag_tong
Player->additem tr_dagger_mt_brother
Player->additem tr_writ_*yet to be named*
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

Yeah, that works fine :) I especally like the whole dagger thing, it's a nice touch, and the 'don't want the ordinators killed by the DB members' bit should inflate the player's ego nicely, or scare the crap out of them, since they're the one being sent in instead of a whole pack of ordinators. Obviously this should be a high rank quest.

However there is one thing I'm a little concerned about. Maybe I'm just not very observant, but I looked through map 1 both in the editor and in game and I couldn't find a Morag Tong guildhall anywhere. Is there one in map 1? Or is all of this going to be planning for later maps? Personally I think they should have at least a small base in every map. Port Telvanis would be a logical location, and I'd be willing to make the interior of a guildhall for it if we need one.
Claims completed:
Yashazmus, Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Sirrilas, Shrine of Mephala
Moriken, Abandoned Dunmer Stronghold
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
Assorted other boring claims.
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Aaron, thanks for the comment! It is great to hear people like your ideas. I think I am going to claim it soon.
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

The Morag Tong on map 1 operate out of a few subterainian rooms under a tavern in Port Telvanis.

Also I think perhaps a good place to start here would be with some busines as usual writs. remember how the MT worked on Vvardenfell there were regular writs available from all the guild halls 2 at a time (the same writs every where on Vvardenfell) and the "special" jobs were available as the player rose in rank or from random one shot quest givers. So lets start out by coming up with around 6-8 targets, simple reasons they may be targeted and simple obsticals to assasinating them and work from there.
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

( /\ ) Again:

Writ for Odai Vemin

Odai Venim is a dunmer male, living in Port Telvannis (not yet, I am posting a idea, he is a newly thought up person). He is hiding in one of the houses.

Reason: He killed a high Hlaalu Noble, and is known as a contact for the Dark Brotherhood.
-Jacurutu

Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

Here's an idea for a writ. A Dunmer, former Telvanni, who is now assisting the imperials in regulating Telvanni trade. The Telvanni want him executed for betraying them, as well as the fact that he's a hinderance to their operations. This will both flesh out the conflict between the Telvanni and the Imperials, as well as provide the player with a target who obviously hasn't really done anything wrong, but who they have to kill anyway for the sake of the honor of the Morag Tong.
Claims completed:
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
TheSleepyOne

Post by TheSleepyOne »

I like the first part but I'm not quite sure about the last part. Why would they mark those who didn't do anything wrong? And would the imperials make use of the morag tong? perhaps it is just me...
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

TheSleepyOne wrote:I like the first part but I'm not quite sure about the last part. Why would they mark those who didn't do anything wrong? And would the imperials make use of the morag tong? perhaps it is just me...
The Imperials aren't hiring them, it's the Telvani who are hiring them. The Telvani marked him because he betrayed them. So technically he did do something wrong, but certainly nothing worth being killed for, unless of course you're a Telvani. It's along the same lines as the woman you have to assassinate in the Hlaalu hall of records in Vivec, who offended a Redoran noble. A death sentence for offending someone sounds rather extreme, but the Morag Tong doesn't care about reasons for contracts, they only care that the one hiring them can afford it.
Claims completed:
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
TheSleepyOne

Post by TheSleepyOne »

My mistake, missunderstood what you meant. It makes more sense now, and personly I think the idea is good.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Quest idea:
To prove yourself worthy of recieving another rank (rather high) Guildmaster sends you on a trial. The trial is that you must kill a Spider Daedra which was summoned by Mephala especially for you trial.

Nothing fancy. Just a random idea.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

The telvani would probably have to drum up some charge on that guy as I do not think the Morag Tong will do an assasination on someone who has done nothing wrong, and randomly killing imperial agents could get them into trouble with the legion.
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Okay we need to get the ball rolling on this one and it sould be rather easy to do with Morag Tong here, so I'm going to lay out a realy rough draft of what we should do here. in order of appearance.

1. the obligatory "prove yourself worthy of us" quest where the player is given a simple assassination in a public area near the guild hall, I would say in an exterior or tavern cell where there are few people around who will jump into the battle.

2 Two writs are issued, still nearby port telvanis (though not necisarily in port telvanis) both in areas where little help is available to the target.

3 Two more writs issued one in a wildernes area the other in a city, the city one has already been hit begining the freelance assassin plotline. (yes it was my idea and I'm trying to work it in :P)

4 only one writ this time which has already been hit, this changes the quest to a clue finding mission to learn the identity of the assassin.

5 a writ on the assasin

6 two final writs on some targets that are much more dangerous than the previous.

Like I said its very rough but it is a framework to start with. Many of the targets it realy dosent mater who they are or what they did, I figure most of them will be placed on the map for the sole purpous of assassinating and most reasons for the writ will fit nicely in a faction that deals with things on a case by case basis (and sir woot made a big list earlier in this thread most of which would fit nicely in any nich here). The Freelance Assassin idea I think adds a connected feel to the string.
Phaen
Location: I have to be sitting in front of a computer somewhere- how would I type this otherwise?

Post by Phaen »

Quest idea:
Morag Tong members are also employed for House Wars.
As Majra is planning to put an 'open conflict' quest section into the House Wars area, it would probably be reasonable to receive requests to assasinate top-level house councilors who are heavily guarded.
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

a good posibility for one of the part 6 quests though we should be sure to find people that don't give out quests themselves to assasinate to keep the flow of the game going for the other factions.
Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

I think that we should work in something of a "hunter" aspect into the quests for the mainland Morag Tong. It was way too easy to find these people on Vvardenfell. For example, the player goes to the last seen location and asks around, then goes to the next place, then the next, etc. Some people could be scripted to run away (on exterior maps) instead of fighting you (the highly trained and well paid assassin sent to kill them). I wouldn't stick around to get killed . . .
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.
Garinator

Post by Garinator »

yes thats a good idea jacrutu. have the targeted person run away from you. Maybe set the chase around a city with multiple storied houses? and have the target jumping from one rooftop to another in their attempt to get away?
The problem with a quest like that is though that it would be very easy to fail. i.e maybe the target could be scripted to escape (dissapear) if he gets beyond a certain distance from the pc.
This would have to be a quest for a very high ranking member to reduce the chances of the target getting away and also it would have to be possible to continue advancement even if you failed the quest. Maybe you just miss out on some cool artifact?
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

This passage is in the 2920 book.

"Whenever any of our holy workers becomes too famous to continue the crusade, we send them to an island called Vounoura. It's not more than a month's voyage by boat, and I've arranged for a delightful estate for your sanctuary," the Night Mother kissed the girl's tears. "You meet many friends there, and I know you will find peace and happiness at last, my child."

Is this island included in TR? I think a logical place for it would be in map one, due to the many islands of the coast.

If it is included, could we have a quest based here?
Perhaps a murdered nobles brother finds out about the island by torturing a captured member of the Morag Tong (esier to capture one, they don't hide out at all), and collects a small party to sneak to the island and take revenge on the original assassin.

The PC could then be asked by a high up Morag Tong member to track down the nobles brother, following him on his path to the island, like finding where he rented a boat, where the boat was going, how many etc. The quest would end with a fight on the shores of the island.

Any ideas, comments?
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

A months journey by boat and you could be prety far out to sea by then.

Jacurutu I totaly agree with you there...the hunt needs to be interesting, have people run hide even teleport away if they can and get the player chasing after them.

Another interesting thing I just noticed is that in the main game they rarely even give reasons that the writs were executed they just tell you who to kill and where to find them. I guess that makes sense if you want to avoid creating a sympathetic assassin, but it puts much less emphasis on plot and much more on the actual hunt.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Hi! Allow me to summarize and detail some ideas mentioned in this forum for some questline.

1. Prove yourself
- Kill local beggar near the guildhall, who annoys local high society. He is a bitter old man and will likely be killed easily.
- Kill old widow, who wants to commit suicide, but has not enough courage so he realeased a writ on herslef for the theft 10 years ago. Dirty job, but assasin must endure that.
2. Two writs
- Bug farmer owes money to his Landlord. He is a very sorry person, tries to appeal on PC feelings offering him, that he will sell all his properties to pay and disappear. He will also offer some money to you, not to kill him.
You can take them and kill him, or kill him and take them, or whatever combination, its just a matter of your honour...
- You have to find a woman, that was unfaithfull to her husband. Ask for her in the village, but be very persuasive, because everybody sides with her. Then people will direct you in local cave later, where she hides. Also very sorry person, but prepared to die.
3. Two writs
- Alcoholic redneck is beating his wife. To get rid of him, she hired Morag Tong. You find this man drinking in a pub with his companions. These men will protect their friend but it is just a band of drunken farmers.
- Mean merchant sold some fake item to influential noble. He tries to bribe PC not to kill him and to destroy the writ. You can accept the bribe and destroy the writ, but than you cannot kill him legally.
4. Two writs
- Kill Dwemer artifact smuggler near Bal Oyra, who messes with Telvanni smuggling bussiness. He has hired some swordsman to protect him.
- Go to some city to kill Khajiit thief, who stole from some influential man. Once the thief spottes you, he starts to run, he sneaks, enters buildings, jumps from roof to roof, if you do not catch him, he disappears using Divine intervention scroll. You still can go to the temple and kill him there, but he will recieve support form the temple staff.
5. Two writs (Assasin appears)
- First you have to kill necromancer in his lair, who annoys local villagers by pest. The tower is full of his minions. Once you reach the necromancer he uses recall spell. Then you must go to village and collect information to find, that the necromancer also used to visit ancestral tomb for his experiments. That is the place where he could possibly be hiding now.
To make sure he does not disappear you have to go there in some time limit. Find necromancer in tomb (again lots of undead) and kill this dangerous target.
- Second writ is on some merchant in the city, which had been pain in an ass to his competitor, because he uses unclean competiton methods. You arrive in his house only to find him dead. The journal updates, that you should investigate this intervention in Morag Tong affairs.
You can ask local guards and they will say the man was killed day before yesterday and that his wounds are made most probably by some daedric dagger. You go to the merchant, who hired Morag Tong. He will swear, that he knows nothing about this, but will inform you that the victim had several more enemies.
You visit them all and one of them will admit, that he hired some Bosmer woman in a black cloak to do this dirty job.
This Bosmer woman contacted the man in his house, but the man is sure he saw her in some pub before. You go there, ask about the woman and they will tell you she arrived by boat from city XY before three days. There she asked for some people who would be in a need of killing someone and recieved tip for the customer from bartender.
After this you can report to your HQ. They will make a writ, advicing you to look for some merchants who could possibly sell daedric daggers in that city or to search through daedric ruins.
They are sure, that this person is a beginner, because otherwise they would already know about her activities. So there is a chance, she buyed some equipment in XY and she comes from area near.
6. Assasin hunt
You go the city of XY, visit some weaponsmiths. One of them will remember the assasin, asking for some high quality dagger, but was not satisfied with his selection. So he adviced her to search in Daedric ruins. You can also ask in pubs, but they will say noone accomodated person like that, so she must probably live somewhere near. Nobody knows her here though.
In the daedric ruins you can find nothing important, but by asking people around they will say they saw this person and they are quite sure it came from the west and now living in pub in some village. You go there, find the assasin and kill her finally.
7. Big challenge
- Telvanni hired you to kill annoying mage from mage guild, who intentionally damaged their resources in their storehouse.
You recieve a description of him and his locality. You go there find a person of that description and kill it. However the man is defenseless and uses obviously no magic skills to defend himself.
You return to HQ, where a wife complaining and crying, that her farmer husband has been killed by Morag Tong.
Then she will admit, that the mage, very similar in face and bodily constitution to her husband, came some days ago offering them a huge amount of money, if his husband will be dressed in his clothes in certain place on certain time, so that he can go for his lover without raising suspicion of her husband and his colleagues.
They gave him his husbands clothes and he disappeared into the city of WX. You go there and ask for a person with the clothes. Someone tells you it is in some pub. You go there, but the mage teleports away. Then you must find out in docks, he already bought tickets for ship far far away.
So you must get to the boat on certain day and hide there not to be discovered by mage. However he does not come in his cabin. You must (still disguised) search through the ship and you find invisible (or disguised) mage in the storage place. Kill him quickly, because if he sees you then in some time he teleports away again and you will never find him.
- Telvannis hired you to kill some high imperial officer. Break to imperial fortress, kill all the guards and skillful officer.
8. Final writ
- Some Daedra worshipper in daedric ruins crossed Memphala's plans. Go there, figt powerull daedra's this priest summons and kill him.

Ufff...
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Overall a good outline but I do have some coments on it.

1. We only need once writ for the first part there as this is just a test to prove you can do it. I would prefer keeping the beggar here and save the second suicide quest for a time where fleshing it out could be done. As for the beggar, In the main game it was a rare occasion when the player was told the crime of the targets, something I think we should keep up. In this case I suggest we make it posible for the player to find out that this man is a beggar (perhaps a script where he will initiate conversation and ask for money) but don't tell them that is why he is being assassinated. When attacked this man should run and not fight back.

2. Bug Farmer: Just tell the player that he reniged on some debts. This man should run when attacked.
Woman: this one is OK but info on what her crime is should be gathered from people asked when tracking her down. She should not fight or run but should argue her case (not beg for mercy)

3. Wife beater: Good but don't tell the player his crime.
Merchant: Good. This man should be trying to hide though and fight when the PC attacks.

4 Smugler: Good, hideout should be suficiently guarded as a smugglers lair.
Khajiit Theif: This one is good I like using divine intervention to escape then tracking him down to the temple. All the player should be told of him is that he is a theif.

5 Necromancer: This needs work, Necromancers in this area would have been cleared out by the temple already I would change him to a Telvani retainer.
Merchant: Good...though the info gathering is the important part of this I would still say the player should only learn the reason for the writ when asking the writs owner. Also the writs owner should be scared of the player (wouldn't you be if you hired an assassin and he came back after you thought the job was done?)

6. good progesion here

7. Fake Mage/Real Mage: I like that one.
Imperial Officer: I think you should be told to do this without killing any guards. Taking out an imperial garrison would bring the legion down on the Morag Tong.

8. Daedra worshiper: perhaps this worshiper should be devoted to one of the house of troubles. be sure to find a proper ruin along thoes lines.
-- Winston Churchill
Phaen
Location: I have to be sitting in front of a computer somewhere- how would I type this otherwise?

Post by Phaen »

Phaen

Post by Phaen »

Juhazar wrote:I think there should be few local quests in each map, and when player has done enough of them, he can go to Necrom(There is Morag Tong's headquartes) and take provincial quests.
How did we get that Necrom was the Morag Tong's headquarters?
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

please don't double post. It was establised through quotes from an ingame book....in this very thread I beleive.
-- Winston Churchill
Phaen

Post by Phaen »

It never said what that book was, and I haven't seen any book saying where the Night Mother is except for the 2920 series, which places her in Tel Aruhn. As a result, I am curious as to what book said the Night Mother was in Necrom.
Last edited by Phaen on Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Upgrade following Veet's suggestions:

1. Prove yourself
- Kill local beggar near the guildhall.
(This man should ask you for money when you pass by in some intervals. Some people could complain about his annoying behaviour in gossips also).
He is a bitter old man and will likely be killed easily. If you attack him, he starts to run, but is very slow.
2. Two writs
- Bug farmer owes money to his Landlord. He is a very sorry person, tries to appeal on PC feelings offering him, that he will sell all his properties to pay and disappear. He will also offer some money to you, not to kill him.
You can take them and kill him, or kill him and take them, or whatever combination, its just a matter of your honour... When you attack him he starts to run, but is little bit faster then the beggar. (He might have run in his house, where his wife and childern are and beg you not to kill him in their presence).
- Some woman wants her redneck husband dad. To get rid of him, she hired Morag Tong.
Go to village and ask people about him. They will tell you he is a drunk, beating his wife and spends all his time in local pub.
You find this man drinking in a pub with his companions. These men will protect their friend but it is just a band of drunken farmers.
3. Two writs
- Kill old widow.
When you come in her shack, she will tell you, she
wanted to commit suicide, but had not enough courage so she realeased a writ on herslef for the theft 10 years ago.
She will cry and ask you not to kill her, for she changed her mind. Then she starts you to beat you
Dirty job, but assasin must endure that.
- Mean merchant sold some fake item to influential noble. He tries to bribe PC not to kill him and to destroy the writ. You can accept the bribe and destroy the writ, but than you cannot kill him legally.
If you attack him he starts to run. He runs in the city and calls for guards (some of them might join not knowing you are from Morag Tong). Finally he draws out dagger and fights.
4. Two writs
- You have to find a woman. Ask for her in the village, but be very persuasive, because everybody sides with her. Her only crime was, that she was unfaithfull to his husband who is despotic noble and noone likes him.
Then people will direct you in local cave later, where she hides. Also very sorry person, but prepared to die. She will argue her case reasonably, but will not fight or run and die proudly.
- Kill Dwemer artifact smuggler near Bal Oyra, who messes with Telvanni smuggling bussiness. He has hired some swordsman to protect him.
5. Two writs (Assasin appears)
- Go to some city to kill thief, who stole from some influential man. Once the thief spottes you, he starts to run, he sneaks, enters buildings, jumps from roof to roof, if you do not catch him, he disappears using Divine intervention scroll. You still can go to the temple and kill him there, but he will recieve support form the temple staff.
- Second writ is on some merchant in the city. You arrive in his house only to find him dead. The journal updates, that you should report this to Morag Tong leaders.
They give you a mission to investigate this intervention in Morag Tong affairs. As the person is freelance assasin you do not need a writ to dispatch him. Just do so and come back.
6. Assasin hunt
You can ask local guards and they will say the man was killed day before yesterday and that his wounds are made most probably by some daedric dagger. You go to the merchant, who hired Morag Tong. He will swear, that he knows nothing about this, but will inform you that the victim had several more enemies.
He says that the victim was pain in his ass, because he used unclean competiton methods. But also his wife, which she cheated with her servant could be angry and the servant as well (he promised her to divorce and merry her but obviously did not do so.)
You visit them all and servant will admit, that he hired some Dunmer woman in a black cloak to do this dirty job.
This Dunmer woman contacted servant in her house, but she is sure she saw her in some pub before. You go there, ask about the Bosmer woman and they will tell you she arrived by boat from city XY before three days. There she asked for some people who would be in a need of killing someone and recieved tip for the customer from bartender.
After this you can report to your HQ. They will advice you to look for some merchants who could possibly sell daedric daggers in that city or to search through daedric ruins.
They are sure, that this person is a beginner, because otherwise they would already know about her activities. So there is a chance, she buyed some equipment in XY and she comes from area near.
You go the city of XY, visit some weaponsmiths. One of them will remember the assasin, asking for some high quality dagger, but was not satisfied with his selection. So he adviced her to search in Daedric ruins. You can also ask in pubs, but they will say noone accomodated person like that, so she must probably live somewhere near. Nobody knows her here though.
In the daedric ruins you can find nothing important, but by asking people around they will say they saw this person and they are quite sure it came from the west and now living in pub in some village. You go there, find the assasin and kill her finally.
7. Big challenge
- Telvani hired you to kill annoying mage from mage guild, who intentionally damaged their resources in their storehouse.
You recieve a description of him and his locality. You go there find a person of that description and kill it. However the man is defenseless and uses obviously no magic skills to defend himself.
You return to HQ, where a wife complaining and crying, that her farmer husband has been killed by Morag Tong.
Then she will admit, that the mage, very similar in face and bodily constitution to her husband, came some days ago offering them a huge amount of money, if his husband will be dressed in his clothes in certain place on certain time, so that he can go for his lover without raising suspicion of her husband and his colleagues.
They gave him his husbands clothes and he disappeared into the city of WX. You go there and ask for a person with the clothes. Someone tells you it is in some pub. You go there, but the mage teleports away. Then you must find out in docks, he already bought tickets for ship far far away.
So you must get to the boat on certain day and hide there not to be discovered by mage. However he does not come in his cabin. You must (still disguised) search through the ship and you find invisible (or disguised) mage in the storage place. Kill him quickly, because if he sees you then in some time he teleports away again and you will never find him.
- Local vilagers hired you to kill some high Telvani noble who terorizes local villagers. Break to imperial fortress, avoid (not kill !!!) all the guards and skillful officer.
8. Final writ
- Molag Bal cultist in daedric ruins crossed Mephala's plans. Go there, figt powerull daedra's this priest summons and kill him.
perhaps this worshiper should be devoted to one of the house of troubles. be sure to find a proper ruin along thoes lines.

EDIT: Replaced non-dunmer targets.
Last edited by Theo on Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THEO
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Looks prety good so far...I think most of these targets should be created for the purpouse of these quests and we need to start finding the specific locations for them. also In many cases they name of the interior thay are placed in can give us the names (ie.. Bob's House) but others we will need to name.
-- Winston Churchill
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Phaen wrote: If I remember correctly, the Morag Tong was banned in the Empire in the Second Era after assassinating the Pontentate.
EDIT: Found the quote from the Morrowind book "The Brothers of Darkness."
Yes, the Morag Tong was outlawed and laid low. But the Morag Tong had a necessary purpose and so it was never supressed (and the fear that the people trying to suppress it might be killed). The Morag Tong doesn't even need to lay low in Morrowind, although they keep their headquarters secret.
It never said what that book was, and I haven't seen any book saying where the Night Mother is except for the 2920 series, which places her in Tel Aruhn. As a result, I am curious as to what book said the Night Mother was in Necrom.
I'm not sure what the book was (or if in-game quotes came into it too I'm not sure), and I am pretty sure it was not established that the HQ is in Necrom in this thread. I don't even remember who it was which came to the conclusion of its' location, although Necrom does fit.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Veet wrote:Looks prety good so far...I think most of these targets should be created for the purpouse of these quests and we need to start finding the specific locations for them. also In many cases they name of the interior thay are placed in can give us the names (ie.. Bob's House) but others we will need to name.
Unfortunatelly I cannot help with that now. Perhaps these quests should not be limited to map 1 only and they should cover whole morrowind. That would make them more interesting (add traveling aspect) because player would experience different envirovments on his, otherwise story-free, hunts.

Note: I also edited "freelance assasin", quest so that the player first reports to HQ and then investigates (makes much more sense like that).
THEO
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

For organisational purpouses they do need to cover only map 1 otherwise this quest line won't see the light of day for a long time. If it seems a bit much for that one region a few writs could be shaved off and saved for another region but I think its just fine covering a region that is about 1/3 the size of Vvardenfell.

Sniper has been helping me out a bit with target placement and location scouting. My poor computer has been freaking out whenever I try to eddit the map in the CS so its a rather time consuming proces for me. But much of the dialouge I can do easily.

*eddit* Hmmmm....I just discovered that no MT hall was added in Port Telvanis. One was suposed to be added at one point so I guess thats just one more thing this quest line needs... */eddit*
-- Winston Churchill
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

imo you guys are forgeting one thing:
the possibility NOT to kill those persons you are ordered to kill, but instead make 'em pay you for their lives. this would bring interesting options, like a chance the guild will discover it and put YOU on the list...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

As you might see in some quest you are offered money for sparing lives of your victims.
Some do not offer you nothing, they just try to hide or attack you directly. Not everybody will try to bribe you, everybody chooses different strategy of avoiding execution.
I do not know if in Morrowind you were punished for not executing writ. If I remember correctly, you had some time limit and if you failed to kill the person and report it, you were simply expelled.
So I would not introduce this aspect in TR, if not necessary. Maybe it would be interesting feature and could be used in few single quests, but there must be specific reason for MT to make writ on you, not just that you failed your duties.
THEO
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

yeah, i meant something like you are a double agent, actually working for other fraction, trying to harm the MT by your actions [it may be a quest given to you by someone else]...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Woah, man! I already did some double-agent plot for TG with Uldar and I'll tell you my head is now going around trying to figure out, who knew what and who reported what to whom... I had quite enough recently.

But I would like to write quest about infiltrating daedric cult later (being sorta double agent for temple) and some writ being pased on you by MT as part of conflicting quest lines on other map.
By now we already have conflicting questlines and I am tired of ploting and scheming a bit. But your idea goes to my TR notebook and I will surely add it later.
THEO
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

To get this ready for completion, you can knock off a few writs, to bring the grand total to around six. You could add in a few non-writ quests if you want. For example, you could go to the local Telvanni lord who will give you an official writ that has been approved. Bring it back to the questgiver, who will then send you out on the writ.
You don't have to, I'm just trying to suggest some things to break up the extreme redundancy of Morag Tong quests.
"Go kill a Dunmer. Go kill another Dunmer"
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Mmmm.... Could be done, but earlier in this thread there was agreement, that what Morag Tong quests lack in originality and background must be put into the actual execution.
Therefore I have tried to make every writ special by challenging player with different obstacles to the execution made by his victims. Every one should be different from others, but if this questline still seems monotonous to you I can change some.
(I dare to say these quests are much better then original Morrowind ones, anyway.)
THEO
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Well as I could not make any use of other ideas in this forum I would like to work on this now. First write an outline and then perhaps make it in CS. Would that be fine, Dex?

BTW: What happened to my Fighter's guild outline? Is someone working on that now?
THEO
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Veet, I don't know what the status on this guild is, but if you approve my quest idea (first post on page 3), maybe I could start working on it?
-Jacurutu

Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Veet isn't Head of Quest organisation anymore - he stepped down from this position and was replaced by Dexter. Look in the 'Old News' sub-forum.
welp
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Hmmm, must have missed that... Damn, another old member gone... Hope it goes you well Veet!

Then Dexter, could you take a look at my quest idea?
-Jacurutu

Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

4. Two writs
- You have to find a woman. Ask for her in the village, but be very persuasive, because everybody sides with her. Her only crime was, that she was unfaithfull to his husband who is despotic noble and noone likes him.
Then people will direct you in local cave later, where she hides. Also very sorry person, but prepared to die. She will argue her case reasonably, but will not fight or run and die proudly
I think that for this quest, if you choose not to kill her and be expelled from the Morag Tong, there should be a min-questline where you help get her out of Morrowind somewhere safe from the Morag Tong.