Great House Dres

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Is anyone making Dres Armor?
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

Based on Black Wind's concept art, I suppose I am. But with a long to-do list.. it is currently at the bottom of some high stacked pile.

But if I remember clearly, you are very good at 3dsmax. :idea: It will be nice if you can dabble a bit here and there. :) Your dabbling will be most appreciated. :D

And its nice to talk to you again Noirgrim..

Yinnie.
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

black wind all the infos on house dres u took from somewhere or u just invented ?^ becouse if it is so u did really a great job i 'm wondering at this work...

but did u tought about the dres architectural styles?

they could be with inclinate roofs if i suppose right they should live in a near swamplike land , that could be almoust rainy all the time.
then
this stile could be like low houses , heavily carved with dark blue colour with harsh vertical spiky like simbolic representation of their way of beeing
brutal and crudel toword slaves
heavily fortified becouse they r in a border land with their enemtyes\slaves on south....the empire that could have there just a fort and for the other houses that could try to insidiate the slave businness
Last edited by prometheus on Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

I thought it was decided that dres was going to use regular bonemold armor and helm, and have their own shield?

I think maybe instead of unarmored(unused by most people) and acrobatics(doesn't make sense) as skills for dres, maybe another armor skill and a weapon skill would be good.

Also I've read somewhere that dres slavers participate in illegal cross border slave trading into argonia. if we get as far as black marsh, some quests could be based off of this.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

House Favored Skills:
Acrobatics
Unarmored
Mercantile
Speech craft
Illusion
Destruction

I feel like Acrobatics, Illusion, and Destruction are unnecessarily dynamic. There's just not a lot of call for those kinds of abilities on a plantation. The explanation for Acrobatics seems odd, being that Dres would be the very dominant influence in an area, so the only ones they would need escape from would be themselves. And given the situation with the Empire, in-fighting is not a good idea. Political intrigue is the domain of House Hlaalu, even if it touches the other Houses.

Considering the different castes, there should be a mix of skills that would be useful to different castes. I like Mercantile, Speechcraft, and Unarmored; those fit pretty well wherever in society you fall.

There should be a weapon skill in there for the guard types (I'd say Axe, because only one other faction uses the Axe skill). I like Alchemy, because it's sort of a defining skill for the House - fixing up raw materials into something to sell. It's hard to think of a third skill. . . Sneak might work (avoid the wrathful notice of the Alt-Julan and their Gah’Kogo). . .
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

well i just think that even witrh a minor presence , as i wrote , one garrison imperial fort should be , after all imperials conquered all of morrowind isn't it?
Totalwar site:

TR download website
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

good to know this so we r not going to see any imperial garrison in the indorill territory as well.......

this means i have to take off the imperial flag from my claim ;-)
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

Old Ebonheart is currently the only Imperial controlled city in Inodril territory. I doubt we will add anymore since House Indoril and Dres are very anti Imperial and still have a large say in what can be built in their land.
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
punkfiveo

Post by punkfiveo »

I believe having regular Bonemold armor and unique shield is the way all houses have it...hlaalu, redoran and indoril all have a shield unique to their house. it would only be wise to do the same for dres.
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

I think the empire would have probably one fort in dres territory. It seems that they have one fort for each district.

They had one near each of the great houses capitals on vvardenfell so they would probably do the same on the mainland. The telvanni are also anti imperial and they have a fort in sadrith mora, but its a smaller presence.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

All of the Great House guards wear a different kind of armor. The Hlaalu wear Armun-An style helm pauldrons and cuirass with normal greaves and boots and the house guard shield. The Redoran were Gah-Julan style helm pauldrons and cuirass with normal greaves and boots and the house guard shield. While the Telvanni wear Armun-an pauldrons and cuirass with the Telvanni cephalopod helm and the house guard sheild.

So as you can see all the different houses do have unique uniforms so its only fitting the remaining two houses have unique uniforms as well.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

There needs to be a fort or city for the Empire. Under the treaty and the government that was set up, each district has an Imperial capital that is not under the control of the locals.

I was planing to claim it (when we get down there)and just put a decent sized castle on the river north of Tear (one cells worth of development). The Duke here wouldn't be very "bossy" with the Dres. He would send out "requests" that they stop raiding Black Marsh and such. But wouldn't get on their case much.
_________ E I
Claimed:.0 0
Review:...0 0
Finished:.2 5
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

we have some interiors of a castle in the former silgrad tower claim that will now not be used. maybe we could put them to use in dres. just make a small tower with a very large garrison in case of hostilities. they couldbe very distrustful of anyone not an imperial
M1ke
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Originally posted by Inferno_str1ke
we have some interiors of a castle in the former silgrad tower claim that will now not be used. maybe we could put them to use in dres. just make a small tower with a very large garrison in case of hostilities. they couldbe very distrustful of anyone not an imperial
I need to double check the castle, but I'm sure it can be put to good use! :)
_________ E I
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

An idea for architecture: It could like the old Dunmer strongholds (like Kogoruhn), but rounder. Basically the shape of a yurt, but longer and completely flat on the top. And if you make it right, you might have some crops that needs special tending planted on this flat top.
OR
to tie in with the crop idea, you could it like a mayan pyramid with broader "steps" to hold the fields: like terracing. And all the crops that don't need the special environment provided by facilities built into the "crop tables" would go all around in regular farm-style. And for some plants they would have to build greenhouses...hmm...
Last edited by Kevaar on Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

Oops! double post. My bad...clicked on the quote button when I meant to click on edit...
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

Don't worry about it. Every one maskes mistakes. Black Wind when this is put in stone can I have a copy so it can be added to the information files when and if it is approved by Ender.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

I was thinking that all the fields that are on (or near) one building belong to the same person (or group of people).
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

The thing is, you don't build a pyramid unless you are rich. And for important reasons.

The Dres would build plantations.
_________ E I
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

Hmm, good point. Hmm...But then again, Telvanni is fairly elaborate and probably cost a good deal. Hmm...maybe not a pyramid, but the fields in wall right on top of each other? Like this:
_
\
\
\

Heheh, would look pretty strange. But so do all Dunmer structures...

Or maybe only pyramids for those that live in hills and have todo terracing anyway.

Heh, I dunno, I'm just on an idea streak here...
Last edited by Kevaar on Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

We try to keep everything in Tamriel Rebuilt as close to the existing lore as we possibly can. Take a look at the Imperial Library for a mountain of information on nearly anything you could want to know about Tamriel.

[url]http://til.gamingsource.co.uk/[/url]

That said, I don't think that the Telvanni structures would be very expensive to build, really, since they are magically grown.

And, I think that someone is already working on the Dres architecture. Wasn't Casious putting these together? I'm not sure if he still is or not, but I believe that ideas were already put in place.
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

The Telvanni use magic to grow plants... Doesn't cost as much. And besides that, they are wealthy and building a house... not a farm.

Farming is an economic asset.... you want to drive down the cost of it as much as you can.
_________ E I
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

Hmm, I see what you're saying. Okay, no problem...
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

About the architecture question both Cas and Veet are working on the Dres buildings.
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

Curiosity pushes me. What do they look like so far?