A Friendly Reminder

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Veet
Developer Emeritus

A Friendly Reminder

Post by Veet »

Well folks it's that time of year again. In an ongoing effort to conserve lamp oil millions of people around the world are going to set their clocks back an hour. So remember, if you live in an area where this is practiced to set your clock back before you go to bed Saturday and rest easy dreaming of all that money you will be saving on lamp oil.

:P
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

crap, now i have to get up even earlier than usual to go to school :cry:
Marauth Alaí-Raán

Post by Marauth Alaí-Raán »

Well technically it's because midnight does't actually take place in the very middle of the night throughout the year it kind swerves around a bit and rather than have every one adjust their clocks a couple of seconds each day they just do the one hour forward then one back at two points during the year. Of course our crazy politicians in the UK want to skew our timekeeping system even more than it already is by putting us on CET (the time in Germany and Italy) so we're in keeping with countries in western europe (who should it must be said, be on GMT seeing as France and Spain are directly south of us). This would mean getting up before sunrise, in the summer for a lot of us. If anyone should change their time it's France and Spain and any other countries that chose CET for the (rather lame) political reasons.
General TES Lore Bloke.

And
someone came out of a dream
and it was me.
I knew I was he because I had been told that I was, by others both in the dream and outside of it.
And a black deer said
"Don't Be Afraid".
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

By the way, for those of you who don't know, this means changing the times by subtracting an hour from the current time, not adding.

Ex:

8:00 now -changes to 7:00 when set back.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined