Have you guys seen this?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Talin_Trollbane

Have you guys seen this?

Post by Talin_Trollbane »

Barabus is doing new imperial textures fer the towns, look

http://www.freewebs.com/barabus/imperialhousing.htm

that is what i call a town!
"What language does the undead speak?"
"Eng-Lich"
Lord Elias
Reviewer

Post by Lord Elias »

Arrrgggh....
:)
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

In stumpy's words, holy flying fuck. These are indescribably awesome, and anybody who doesn't think we should use them is a poohead.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Talin_Trollbane

better yet, hes going to release those as a modder resource! blessed we been by unholy darkness!
"Eng-Lich"
Juhazar

Post by Juhazar »

:shock: We have to use them! They look great! I think they should be in High Rock.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Haven't we already seen these? They're nice and all, but by the time they are released, all the towns that would use them will probably be done. That's not to say I won't be using them for personal projects...
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

this set looks great, but we can't use it for number of reasons:
1 - it doesn't fit the imp/common set much
2 - it has interiors done as exterior, which is cool, but not for TR; we'd need all sets done like this. and that's not gonna happen
3 - there is simply no place WHERE to use it in morrowind. all imp cities are finished [except for OE]
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

we might not need the mod itself, but those could be used in skyrim when we get there I think, for imperial areas of skyrim
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Talin_Trollbane

well i meant it for use in Skyrim, since Morrowind is shortly finished (or isnt it?).

and its going to released free-for-all.
"Eng-Lich"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It's not going to finished very soon.. it'll take probably take - it hard to estimate the time - I just came to say, no. Not soon.

-Mercury
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Well, they look fantastic, as does his crypts set. He used to be with TR, but seems to have left. Ah well. When it's released, someone should ask him for the models.
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Majra wrote:we might not need the mod itself, but those could be used in skyrim when we get there I think, for imperial areas of skyrim
They seem to be better fitting for High Rock than imperial areas in Skyrim. Some of the shots remind me of playing DF :)
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

And beast race skulls to boot....nice...;)
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Gooblecakes

Post by Gooblecakes »

those look soooo much like playing Gothic 2 its not even funny. theyre awesome, but i dont think we should use them, because theyre too high poly, and we cant make it consistent without touching vvardenfell.
Zalthor

Barabus' Work

Post by Zalthor »

It seems immaterial that Barabus' modding work so far won't directly fit into the TR project. It seems as if he's set his stall out to release greatly updated building mods for the whole of the current Morrowind game. That's got to be good.

Further, I feel that Barabus' work is of such a high standard that he should at least be invited to join the TR project - if he hasn't already - and if he feels he has time to spare [and the inclination], let him have free rein to do complimemtary work for the project.

Has anybody contacted him?
Is he a member?

If not - why not - shame on you all LOL
Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

He already has an account with TR, although he's never actually been involved with our project specifically.
Zalthor

Post by Zalthor »

Thanks for the reply Morden.
Glad to know Barabus is at least a member.

I've recently checked out his grave yard mod.
He's added a yard and a crypt just at the back of Caldera.

The work is just excellent.

In the readme he says he's still working on the house mod updates. That's probably why he's not become involved here.

His fireplaces are pretty amazing too!!
Garinator

Post by Garinator »

Couldnt we use some of the port meshes in OE? The ones in the picks down the bottom of the page?
Before exams when i followed and participated in this project i remember that OE wasnt finished. Is this still the case? if so these should be used imo...
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

A problem with some of the meshes are for an example the houses that are 100% exteriors. Since modelled roofs and structures doesn't stop weather effects it looks really bad from time to time, like when it's raining.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

On top of that, it's a HUGE blow for your FPS. I don't think we should use them in Morrowind, simply to keep the whole Imperial style in Morrowind consistent. Perhaps a few models could be used for OE, but that depends on when it's released and it's actually Dexter's choice.

When we get to Skyrim these would be an absolute must. The whole style looks like Imperial with a bit of Nordic influence so it would fit in extremely well. I would like to see the meshes fixed so the interior and exterior can be seperate though, because of consistency, FPS and the rain bug. By just adding a door with a teleport and make a seperate interiors, the consistency and rain bug will be fixed but the exterior will still have a lower FPS. Anyway, that's pretty much of later concern.
Flufy

Post by Flufy »

I like almost all of it! but I felt I must say that I am not to keen on the piller in the pic 6th from the bottem. not that it realy matters, they are nice but they dont seem to me to fit in with the rest of the building.
Zalthor

Post by Zalthor »

I don't agree flufy.

Clearly the rich gentry [and presumably previous creater/owner of Caldera] set his favourite achitect the task of creating a very special memorial to his beloved ancestors. In this quest the master builder clearly sailed to a part of Tamriel which quarries fine and exquisite marbles in seach of the very finest materials for his master.

The result is a testiment to this endeavour.

The parallel for such activity can be easily seen here in the UK - thousands of times - where wealthy Victorian merchants did such things quite frequently.

No - these cream marble pillars simply represent a slightly vulgar use of someone's choice and money.

If you don't like the modding, well, how about making us one of your own? I'd download it.

Best,
Zalthor
Flufy

Post by Flufy »

Zalthor wrote:No - these cream marble pillars simply represent a slightly vulgar use of someone's choice and money.
um... their red
and they just seem to me to be a different sort of texture to the rest of the pic (it is all smooth and every thing elce is rough)
I know what you mean about puting up strang looking things just becouse they are the most expencive, have you ever seen thornbry castle it has an elaberate red chimney which looks extreemly out of place
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

Zalthor wrote:If you don't like the modding, well, how about making us one of your own? I'd download it.

Best,
Zalthor
No offense intended at all, my friend, but that comment was fairly out of place. Unless Flufy is, without my knowing, indeed capable with 3DSMax, you've just offered a fairly foolish argument. If we want to use things in TR, we use them. If we don't, we don't. In this case, there are quite a few reasons not to, and the only reason we should is its laggy prettiness. If you still want us to use the mesh, argue your side. Don't snicker as you assault another's talents. The main idea is we already have stuff to fill this role, not that we *need* new stuff to replace it.
Flufy

Post by Flufy »

I cant do mutch at all at presant as I only get on inbetween corswork however when I get a holaday longer than 1 week I will try and make a small interia clame.
no I cant moddle and am only (at the moment) giving my opinian on things and trying to be helpfull.

ps I have my one way of getting around the look of the pillers (since I beleve I am the only on that thinks they are out of place) I will just put a thick existing piller ove the top.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Peace and love, guys. Peace and love.
welp
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

Kothloth wrote:A problem with some of the meshes are for an example the houses that are 100% exteriors. Since modelled roofs and structures doesn't stop weather effects it looks really bad from time to time, like when it's raining.
That's the worst problem I have ever heard. I thought you were smarter than that Koth, apparently not. Place a new door so that it overlaps his incospicuously, and have it load an interior. What's this? Problem solved? Wow, thanks Stumpy! I feel stuipd now!
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
battle_bison

Post by battle_bison »

If I'm not mistaken, the windows are also transparent. I guess this could be solved by putting windows over top, but it would be less work just to make it one mesh instead of many.
Turn Off Your Computer And Go To Sleep
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

The windows can be left as they are. It might add some realism to be able to see some detail inside, no? Granted that duplicating the interior to match the exterior would be boring... but it is possible.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Flufy

Post by Flufy »

If you can see in one side and out through a window on the other then when people go incide they will expect to see out and it is a little harder to create an exteria in an interia (i spelt them wrong) :oops:
Talin_Trollbane

*comes crashing trough the roof, dressed as an cheese sandwich*

Hyyyiia! just skip those exterior-houses then, but you can use those lovely looking shop windows, no?

*hides under a table*
"Eng-Lich"
Walt[FT]

Post by Walt[FT] »

it's good but we'were late with Cyrod. model :? :wink: http://elderscrolls.com
i post another link with another good project and what else :| http://www.tes.ag.ru/cs/catalog/develop/oblivion/shezarr_hold.shtml
Lost in a dream
I'm under spell
of this sunny magic LAND!
(Rhapsody about our project. he-he)
we SHALL HAVE PEACE!!! (Teoden of Rohan)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

These buildings are so cool. I was always anoyed by not being able to look through windows, this solves that problem. We don't need to use them in Morrowind. It would be excellent to use them in Highrock and Skyrim
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Stump, be nice.

Yes that would most certainly work, but the doors might look a bit off. Maybe Barbarus would be willing to make a modified version, splitting them into exterior and interior pieces for seperate use?
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Garriath wrote:
Zalthor wrote:If you don't like the modding, well, how about making us one of your own? I'd download it.

Best,
Zalthor
No offense intended at all, my friend, but that comment was fairly out of place. Unless Flufy is, without my knowing, indeed capable with 3DSMax, you've just offered a fairly foolish argument. If we want to use things in TR, we use them. If we don't, we don't. In this case, there are quite a few reasons not to, and the only reason we should is its laggy prettiness. If you still want us to use the mesh, argue your side. Don't snicker as you assault another's talents. The main idea is we already have stuff to fill this role, not that we *need* new stuff to replace it.
I agree COMPLETELY. If your going to talk smack about someone elses hard work, why don't YOU try and show them up by making you OWN "revolutionary" work!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Zalthor wrote:I don't agree flufy.

Clearly the rich gentry [and presumably previous creater/owner of Caldera] set his favourite achitect the task of creating a very special memorial to his beloved ancestors. In this quest the master builder clearly sailed to a part of Tamriel which quarries fine and exquisite marbles in seach of the very finest materials for his master.

The result is a testiment to this endeavour.

The parallel for such activity can be easily seen here in the UK - thousands of times - where wealthy Victorian merchants did such things quite frequently.

No - these cream marble pillars simply represent a slightly vulgar use of someone's choice and money.

If you don't like the modding, well, how about making us one of your own? I'd download it.

Best,
Zalthor
You are cool... no, really, you are.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

Very nice stuff there....
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

those textures do look amazing. if we could find each texture's equivalent in the existing Mrrwind then we could just rename these textures to replace the old ones - it wouldnt be any hasstle at all. When these get released im going to try anyway, and if people dont like it, it can be bolted on.
M1ke
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

You are cool... no, really, you are.
Let's try not to bite the hand that feeds us, okay?
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

As you are all argueing in my absence let me clear one or two things up ! Only several meshes in the pictures you have seen on my site are fully exterior.
The small cottage, which is still under 800 polys,always seemed stupid to teleport to a one room interior, the storage areas in the dockside, and the dockside building which I am re-working anyway. The rest of the buildings are the same as any other in Morrowind with the exception that a number are sectional enabling you to mix and match stories. The reason all of the windows look transparent is that they are. However the transparency looks onto a murky backdrop onto which I plan on adding an animated glow map to create the illusion of a darkened interior. Overall poly counts are comparable to Bethesdas with the exception of the shop fronts which are certainly more poly heavy but quite usable in moderation. I hope I have cleared up a few misconceptions,
Barabus