3-15 Status

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Terrez

3-15 Status

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Looks like my previous claim 3-15 (River to Old Ebonheart) status thread has gone missing, so I'm starting this new one so everyone knows I'm still around.

I'll post another progress report including the latest screenies and ESP this coming weekend.

Cheers
Terrez

PS. I had just posted an update last weekend, but couldn't get my screen shots uploaded either as JPG or in a ZIP file, and now the whole thread has disappeared.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

I would blame Yinnie.

As for the attachments the server only has so much space for that kind of thing so it was probably out of room at the time you tried to upload them before.
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

3-15 (River to Old Ebonheart) .....

I am very sure I didnt delete that thread. You had it updated just recently if I remember clearly so the prune script wouldn't touch the thread.......... but yes, blame me :)

Let me check my backups for it and upload it back for you if you want your old thread again.

Yinnie.
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

I wouldn't blame anybody, especially Yinnie.

As a software developer myself, I know that these things can happen!

Don't worry about the old thread, there wasn't much useful history in it anyway. I'll try to get the latest version of the ESP and screenshots loaded this weekend, when I have some time to spare.

Cheers
Terrez.
Terrez

Screen Shots for Claim 3-15

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Just trying to load those screen shots again. I hope they stick this time!

I should get some more work done on the claim today, so I'll try to post a zip of the latest ESP later on.

Cheers
Terrez
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

The zip file doesn't open properly for me :(
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Strange...it worked for me....beautiful pictures Terrez...especially the Daedric ruins one....gives the proper feeling of ancientness and abandon
Bringing back the old school
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Woah! Really, really nice. I especially like the cave entrance and Daedric ruin. 8)
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

looks like the terrain needs more smoothing and it needs much more detail, but oherwise excellent.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
ThorFluff

Post by ThorFluff »

Daedric Ruin looks awesome, others needs a bit more details such as twigs and more plants :P
Works in Progress:
i4-17-Red ; The Fine Clothiere
i4-16-Red ; The Bachelor Pad
Finnished:
Ironbane ; The disintegrate armor spellbook
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Thanks for the feedback on the screenshots.

I know much of it needs more detailing (as with a few other claims I've seen). Due to the rugged nature of the riverbank hills, I haven't extensively smoothed them, but I will be making sure the accessible areas are smooth.

I'll try to post ZIP of the latest version of the ESP file for people to download and wander about. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on it in the last two weeks - too much real work happening at the moment.

Cheers
Terrez.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

I've tried a couple of times to upload the ESP file. It's 601Kb zipped, and just doesn't want to stick. Is there someone/somewhere I could email it to get it onto the forum :?:

TZ
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

[url]http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=6859[/url]
Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Post by Rodan »

Or you can PM me Terrez and I'll give you the settings for my FTP server.
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"
- Bugs Bunny

Yes, that is a Dusty (my cat)

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34
Lots of interiors for Black Light

Current Projects:
None
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Sorry, I haven't been online for a while. Things have been a bit hectic starting up my own software consulting business.

I'm in two minds about whether I'll have enough spare time and energy to complete my claim, but there's still a few uncompleted claims on Map 3, so I'll hang out with it a bit longer. (If that's okay?)

I think it's about 80% complete, so even if I gave it up, it shouldn't take long for an experienced modder to finish off.

When I'm ready to post an updated version, I'll PM Rodan for his FTP details, as he's kindly offered. I should have something to post within the next two weeks.

Cheers
Terrez.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

It's been three weeks since my last post, including a week's vacation at the beach, and I still haven't been able to spend any significant time working on my claim.

(I should have taken it with me on the laptop, but I was too busy playing Doom 3 with the kids.)

I'll try to get some time for modding this week, and post an update on the weekend.

Cheers
Terrez.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Terrez, if you read this, I need you to do me a favor. The Ebon River splits when it hits Old Ebonheart, and circles it, which forms the island that OE sits on. However, Ebon River runs straight into my claim, leaving me little room to manuver it into a bend around the city.
Can you insert a divide in the river somewhere in your claim, possibly in row -21 or -22? After the divide, the river can flow outwards, making it much easier for me to mold around Old Ebonheart, and leaving me enough room to build the town proper.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi Dexter,

Thanks for your PM and Email, I have been absent from the forums for a while, and am still trying to get some time to spend on the claim.

I gather your city now covers more cells than it did on the original map, hence your request for a split in the river mouth around it. The original map I've been working to has the river go straight into your claim in cell -20,5.

I've yet to look at your status thread in detail, but I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Cheers
Terrez.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

Here's the latest version of the 3-15 claim ESP file (zipped to 600Kb). I hope this one sticks.

Cheers
Terrez.
Attachments
TR_3-15_TZ_0.8.zip
(601.2 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Thanks for the update Terrez. I don't have an aerial view of OE right now, but I will get you one tomorrow. Or at the very least, I will get you a good drawing (Mondays are pretty hectic for me). Basically, I either need a bend in the river or a break. When I upload the screenshot/drawing, I will make sure that you can tell exactly what I mean.
By the way, very nice work on your end.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Hi All,

It's been three weeks now since my last posting, and despite my best intentions, I still haven't been able to spend any more time on this claim.

I've had the claim for well over a year now (about 16 months), and unfortunately, I think I've got to let it go, so that someone with a bit more time and energy can finish it off.

I'm happy with what I've done, so far, even though it's still pretty rough and sparse, so I hope it can be finished rather than re-done from scratch.

Good luck with TR - I'll still drop into the forums to see how things are going, and continue looking at the downloads as they come available.

Regards
Terrez.

PS. I'll post this in the Exterior Claims forum as well.