Claiming 3-15

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

FoxTamer

Claiming 3-15

Post by FoxTamer »

I'd like to pick up the recently-dropped 3-15 please. I would plan rugged coastline, small coastal villages, cave systems.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If you can, get the latest progress from the claimer who dropped it and work from what (s)he had. That way it's a lot easier, the previous owner's work does not go to waste, and you get more enrichment in the different exterior stylings of different people.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
FoxTamer

Post by FoxTamer »

Today I obtained an old copy of this claim...a lot of work was already done on it...and I will go from there.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

You can get my 4-13 claim in member downloads to match borders, if they aren't already matched... Also, I'm reworking this claim a bit to enhance the mountainous areas, so I'm reworking my side of the border : land level will not change, but I might rocks/cliffs to make a steeper riverbank ...
PM me if you need more details ...

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Speak with Nazz about it, he's the map 3 guy and would know what would have to be made or not.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

I am checking with Garriath to see if he did any work to it since he claimed it. If he didn't then you should use the latest version that Terrez posted in the 3-15 status thread in the Map 3 forum, just incase that isn't the one you did download.

Basicly what you need to do is go with what Terrez has already done. Don't make any huge changes without asking me if it is ok to do so. Just finish what he started.
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
FoxTamer

Post by FoxTamer »

I do have the version posted by Terrez. This is what I had in mind:

1) I was going to massage the cliffs along the river so that they are more steep and dramatic (using more terrain rather than just the rock statics). This is along the lines of what Liliath is doing in the adjacent claim of 4-13.
2) I was going to run a path along the east bank, which hugs the water, possibly going through an exterior tunnel or two.
3) I wanted to add a few homesteads amongst the cliffs, similar to what I did in 3-6.
4) I was going to change the island in the middle of the river to something more dramatic (a central peak with a small settlement hugging its skirts)
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

I suggest that Nazz take a look at this claim first-hand. From what I remember, his landscaping style is a bit too unique to flow well with this project. If so, FoxTamer may have to smooth down his dynamic landscape style so that it becomes a cohesive part.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

Alright I will take a look at it, and I will keep your ideas in mind. They seem ok except for the parts about settlements.
FoxTamer

Post by FoxTamer »

@Dexter

Whose landscaping style is too unique? Terrez or mine? If mine, it's the first I've heard of this. Then again, I never got any feedback at all on my 3-6.

I'm not going to make a move on this claim until this is all settled then.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

He was reffering to Terrez.

Ok here is what I think needs to be done. More detailing, this is probably the main weakness of the claim in it's current state, it needs more rocks, trees, plant containers, etc. Also while they don't really look bad the mountains need to be smoothed quite a bit, they are too jagged and while I think it is ok for WG mountains to be a little jaggy they are currently to much so. Also the small little river that flows from 3-14 into this claim needs to have it's river ground texture changed so they match. There are also a couple other places where texturing could be changed slightly to match the surrounding claims. I would also like you to remove the small indoril settlement in cell 6,-25. There are several other larger towns in the area so I don't think this claim needs one. That also means I can't let you add any settlements of your own.

I think thats it.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

ahh!!! stop the personification! I can't stand it! ahh!!! anyway nice plans, except I don't think there should a small settlement, maybe just 2-4 shacks/houses huddled together.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
FoxTamer

Post by FoxTamer »

Ok...I'm smoothing, I'm sprinkling rocks and tress, I'm removing settlements. Not exactly a bold creative vision, but it'll do for a rainy Sunday.

As for personification, I always feared my 3-6 was too "unique" (although I quite like it, naturally), so I figured someone finally came out and said it.