East Empire Company aka EEC

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

DarkFFM

East Empire Company aka EEC

Post by DarkFFM »

Is there anything planned about the EEC ?

I don't think Raven Rock (on Solstheim, Bloodmoon) is the only one EEC colony in the area...

Maybe the EEC should have some "local" headquarters in the province of Morrowind, or even the HQ of the whole EEC...

What do you think about it ?
I already have wome ideas about how to make the EEC work in a realistic way...
Novo Ordo Seclorum
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

Can you give us your ideas.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

EETC is in New ebonhart
I think thats where the headquarter whould be situated. There or Old E.
But the only area I can see it whould have some small pressence is in Hlallu area.
Most of the others ain't to Empire friendly.
If you don't bother with your past history. How do you know where your currently at? It's past what makes us who we are. And who we will be. Ignoring that, is ignoring who we are and where we're going.
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

The EEC is based in ebonheart on vvardenfell in MW, there would likely be a small office like that one in an imperial town or in hlaalu territoy.

The HQ for the entire faction would be in Cyrodiil.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Dark FM?

Post by Arcadea »

For some reasen he can't reply and he sent this to me as his idea.

Strangely, i can't repluys on the board

I don't know why...

OK...

About the EEC :

1 - I think there should be some EEC offices on Morrowind wich is must more civilisated than Vvardenfell. I think that one office per big city (Balmora sized) with a little imperial presence isn't too much.

2 - There should be some "trading" quests. Not like the ones in Bloodmoon where you never had to use Mercantile or Speechcraft, but LongSword and HeavyArmor, weird for a "trader". Negociating contracts, land deeds etc would be far more "fun" for a trader.

3 - The EEC could have setup some nice market places on Morrowind were you could sell all those costy pieces of armor. The EEC isn't the standard dumner trader, it's mostly something like a corporation (in my view...).

4 - Maybe we could had some new opportunities of developping a business on Morrowind. Players love to have somewhere to sleep... Now they will also have somewhere to work With some quests, this kind of feature could be really fun.

Thank you for reading this PM... I don't speak (and write) a very good and fluant english.
I also have no ability on coding or moding (outside Quake III...), but I would be happy to help on my scale.

I'am following your project since the old forum (and the old claim system) and I must say that your work is GREAT !

Thanks again !
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
DarkFFM

Post by DarkFFM »

Looks like I can post again !!!!! (thanks to Arcadea for putting my PM on board).

I don't have much skill (for now...) so I can't handle everything I spoke about...
Novo Ordo Seclorum
DarkFFM

Post by DarkFFM »

About the headquarters : you're right, they are surely in Cyrodill, but there should be some local boss for the whole Morrowind...

Of course, the EEC can't be everywhere in Morrowind and that's what makes it interesting. We could build some quest in which the player could help the EEC to establish business in the wild (like the mining colony of Raven Rock).

Also, don't forget that the king of Morrowind (without great power... I agree) is hlaalu and very friendly with the empire, so he should also be able to help the EEC to settle some business in Morrowind...

I didn't say it was going to be easy ;)
Novo Ordo Seclorum
wererat
Developer

Post by wererat »

you wouldn't need as many on the mainland since they were only built to keep attackers away from the major cities until reinforcements from the mainland arrived.
so since you are already on the mainland reinforcements would arrive much quicker so the need of forts would be less.
of course there should be one at the major cities like on vvardenfel where a fort is at every house seat.
but they wouldnt need to be as numerous and/or large.
'To be thanked for having done one's duty is humiliating' - The Vicomte de Bragelonne
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think it would definitely like the idea of having a business on morrowind to run like the strongholds on Baldurs Gate 2 if you are familiar with it. Setting up colonies could bring the quests away from traditional hack and slash or thievery to something a lot more tactical.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well i can write up a good EEC set of quests and ideas and the direction etc and outcome of it, perhaps things like the higher you get in EEC the more opportunities you get for good and rare buys etc on certain markets, obviously better information from your workers and cohorts, perhaps being contracted to build another colony or mine somewhere in tamriel and adding the same ability of construction kinda things, perhaps only available after your success at raven rock etc

im only sketchy on my ideas atm but i can give a detail idea of quests soon.

im fairly crappy on my TES lore, so this may be a good quest thing for me, as it requires perhaps the least ammount of raw lore knowledge :P and any lore mess ups i make im sure will be corrected :P

id also like to see thr hlaalu quests coincide with the EEC, perhaps an insertion or takeover, like the EEC planting ppl in house hlaalu to wrought the system, or hlaalu buying out the EEC things like that...
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Although the current powers that be are fairly friendly to the empire the Dunmer really don't like the empire. The only reason you saw such a presence in Vvardenfell is because it is new and was mostly built while the empire had influence. Morrowind on the other hand is fairly anti imperial. That being said although the EEC should only start with maybe a headquarter in New ebonheart and maybe offices in 2 or 3 Hlallu towns overall they shouldn't have a large presence.

However Good quests might include persuading and finding contracts in 1 or two of the other large cities as well as a mine or two. Also stopping piracy might work as well. (Possible tie in with Uvan Tomb)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

okay guys, i come up witha great idea (i think, im gonna bash it out with a few of the admin type guys before bearing my soul on this idea, it has intrigue, betrayal, old fueds between houses hehehe all over the EEC :P

more to come :P
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

okay my main quest idea with the EED revolves around a few interconnecting factions.

Telvanni, Roderan, Hlaalu, and of course the EEC atm.

background
the EEC wishes to expand into tamriel to make use of the wealth of the many markets and mines etc it has to offer. though the dunmar seem to be against the empire setting any foot or corperation near the more traditional parts of tamriel house hlaalu has made a deal with the EEC for improved cuts and benifits and is allowing them access to otherwise 'forbidden areas' roderan and telvanni become suspicious of this later on perhaps and it cna add in some side-quests to the telvanni and roderan quests, where they pretty much settle the score to keep there more traditional views and make EEC/Hlaalu pay dearly :P hehe. anyway house hlaalu and the EEC are working together, with the corperation style wealth of the EEC together with the help of house hlaalu they are looking to boost each other if you get me.

where the player comes in
well there will be 2 kinda sections with this, the first is a more errand and buying/selling approach to the EEC in tamriel early on, with the ability to work your way up the ranks getting better access to markets etc, also visiting certain dunmar cities and encampments and negotiating (maybe with hlaalu support at times which u have to gain) the rights to mine or trade. the second part to it is after you have completed raven rock, you get the quest to pick up contracts to create entire new colonies and mines in tamriel (perhaps even parts of vvardenfel).

if you are a telvanni or roderan player in the EEC you figure out how the treachery of Hlaalu runs deep within the EEC and there will b the option of a 'split' in the quest to perhaps try to bring justice to hlaalu and the EEC in tamriel (also that tie in with the main roderan and telvanni quests) as hlaalu you can again decide on this split though most likely yo uwould want to follow through with the EEC adn hlaalu establishing themselves as the definitive economic power in tamriel.

there is more or less my idea for the EEC, alot more to fill out about individual quests etc, but i believe it ties in some TES lore in with some intrigue and perhaps my keep people guessing while playing for a bit. and it brings together some of the seperate quests to make it seem more like a unified mod than segments etc
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Z'nast, I can't help not laughing: "The EEC wishes to put up operations in tamriel". I see, they are an eastern company wishing to negotiate with the empire? that means they're from akavir! they would be attacked by insane monkey people, no wonder they wanna set up business in the empire :D (I only make joke at how you mixed up morrowind and tamriel)
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Also you may want to check out the Morrowind main quest to figure out the chemistry between the houses on the mainland a bit better and how we are planning to set them up. Overall I think it's a good idea though.
opelcity

Post by opelcity »

What is known from dialogues about the EEC? They are an Imperial organisation, right? If there is an EEC, than tehre should be something else, like a WEC (Western Empire Trading Co.) or "Cyrodilic Trading Co." (Have a rival corp.) How much can we stretch lore on this, since i guess there isn´t much to build on ?!?!

Can it be like the "Hanse" or "Hanseatic League" on Baltic Sea Ports during the 1200´s?

- Several cities on the Baltic Sea like Rostock, Hamburg, Bremen, Riga, Luebeck etc...joined this league to regulate prices, taxes, tolls and join for defense against pirates. Can we have Ebonheart and a few more Imperial Ports belong to a league like this??? -