How did you become Moderator?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

How did you become Moderator?

Post by Swiftoak »

I was just curious. How did you guys become global moderators? Did you have to stay on TR for a long time or something, or did you have to be active, and contribute alot, or both?
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Sell cocaine to the Admins.

It's all of those. I think. They identify a job that needs to be done, and decide which member would be best suited for it, based on what they have displayed on the forums before. I got chosen as quest overseer dude because of my work on the Imperial Legion questline.

But you may want to try the cocaine bit.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

well, dex is right (i find that the admins prefer heroin though :wink: )
in order to be nominated ou just need to show your dedication to the work, yuor ability to do work, and how much time you spend on TR( for instance, if you'f done tons of work, but arent a active member you most likley wont be nominated)in order to be selected as a mod you need to get 7 votes from the core (each mod has 1, and the admins 2). and of course ther has to be a position avaliable.
having "conections" helps to......

Lady Nerevar
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

Dexter wrote:Sell cocaine to the Admins.

But you may want to try the cocaine bit.
HAHAHAH...
Yeah.. you never know... It might help.

But I think there is a mix of what the two above have said.
It's a mix of skill, dedication, creativity and how able you are to get along whit ppl.
The last one have stopped many ppl from getting on the core.

And like lady here said.
It's a set rules that desides who are finally desided on.
But the first initial selection is made by at the moment summery of who will fill that possision best.

Earlier it wasn't like that.
Then Rodan and Ender desided who came on board. And Nazz tried to influense it somewhat.
Me and Noir I think actually got that changed.
Maybe prom was in on it to.
Becus we felt it didn't live up to the new demands.
But it was a bit of a struggle to get it desided.
It was actually Rodan that proposed the final system that is now used.
But I still think it was done becus of what we understood needed to be done.
Rodan came up whit a good system though.
If you don't bother with your past history. How do you know where your currently at? It's past what makes us who we are. And who we will be. Ignoring that, is ignoring who we are and where we're going.
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

A point Seran missed is that the last few moderators have been chosen from which duties they will have to attend to. If a interior forum overseer leaves, we would primarily look for a person with the abilities to handle such a position.

Dedication, expertise in the area you will be needed for and a good ability with handling people. That's what atleast I am primarily looking at before I throw in my vote. Modding skill actually doesn't really matter for many positions, as you wont need to be a master exterior building for managing quests. But if you are to overlook the reviewing board, it would certainly help if you have a greater understanding of TESCS.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Oh i see, Thank You. Ill try later, mabye in a year or so.. lol about the drugs..
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates