Ah, the Good 'Ole Days

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Ah, the Good 'Ole Days

Post by Haplo »

For those of you who never had the chance to experience the obsoleteness that is our older website, here's a picture or two of how it used to look. Ah, memories...

[url]http://img86.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img86&image=test15ht.jpg[/url]

[url]http://img103.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img103&image=test24aw.jpg[/url]
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

and that picture shows a bit of TR history. Veet replacing Nazz. Its the circle of TR
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

I still have all the html files for the edition of the website that came before that! owned :P In those times where Rodan's main job was the website, Ender ruled with an iron hand (tbh i prefered it, but lets not start that) and me and Lorded were always working on the website, but were still never given the upload codes.
M1ke
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

you may find the folowing coment strange(since i joined LONG after the change). I actualy remember that website. the curent one is way better though. one thing though, it needs desperate updating.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I won't give away the URL for it, so that it will keep it's sanctity for those who still have the URL and like to revisit the old site(and the OLD and OLD Forums, for those of you who still posess that knowledge) like me.

But hey, I remember faintly the website before this one, but I was only a week or two into it, and all I can say is...I mess Cep and CleverClothe! Cleverclothe was the one that introduced me to TR, and welcomed me, kind of became my own personal 'Patron'
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

he he yeah, i remeber that. Turns out I was lurking longer then anyone could think, including me!
Hold on sec, my keyboard is sliding off the desk, i gotta catch it b4 it jnkgdnldnl
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

damn that is such a long time ago.
But why is rodan's name next to Kragenmoor...?
It's all mine..
All mine I say.
And some vagaras. :P

You should have seen the m0use.net page.
That one was horrid.
A long way it come. A long way.
If you don't bother with your past history. How do you know where your currently at? It's past what makes us who we are. And who we will be. Ignoring that, is ignoring who we are and where we're going.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Wow :) Look at the date on that update.. November 1st, 2003.. thats 2 days after i joined. Haha.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Yeah, I remember that site - back then I had no idea about modding or even how to get started - I guess I had less initiative back then. Didn't you used to be on the same server as silgrad? I vaguely remember Silgrad, Darnim Watch and TR being at the top of the page. Also, I thought you used to have a rideable boat and rideable guar section on the forum but maybe that was somewhere else :s
welp
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

I remember way back when I had that page bookmarked. I'm not sure why I had it bookmarked. It was one of over 100 Morrowind-related paged I had bookmarked at the time. For some reason I remember thinking that this page was a modders resource, where I could download some new tree models. Back then, however, I had not even tried my hand at the CS. The words "Tamriel Rebuilt" meant nothing to me, I didn't even start to dip my balls into the lore pool until about a year ago. I didn't understand the full focus of this project until Hermit persuaded Serra to join, who then in turn made me join.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Dexter wrote:For some reason I remember thinking that this page was a modders resource, where I could download some new tree models.
Same! That's just what it looked like - hehe funny what site design can put across...
welp
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Please dont dip your balls in the lore pool, some people have to wash in that.

I do miss CleverClothe, he was around when I joined (though I eventually overtook him in posts :P ) but he was a great member of the project. Cant say the same for Cep, who joined a long time after - he was always making lore contradictions and moaning about FAQs. Still he did inspire the FAQ and lore sections which are still useful today, and gave one hell of a boost to Arcadea's post count.
M1ke
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

I liked Cep.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Heh, nice one!

This was shortly after I joined the team, starting off with 2-38. I recall using Veet's 2-2 (I think?) as inspiration for my claim...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

I found TR by accident. Seriously :P. It's surprising, considering how large the project is, how many people on ESF have no clue what is actually going on.

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
bas
Developer

Post by bas »

you can still come on the older site but i don't remember how...
If it bleeds, it can be killed..
cougar
Developer

Post by cougar »

I actually found a link to TR on Morrowind Summit about two years ago, and have been lurking around on this site for quite a long time now. So I remember the old design, too.

There were two reasons why I didn't join, though, one was, I didn't have enough time, another was, that I had to get a leagal ENGLISH version (I rather like to have the original versions than translated ones) of Morrowind, and have not been able to find one for quite a long time...
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

ha, i wasnt arround back then... i regularly visited the site for about 2-3 months before i joined :)
Kevaar

Post by Kevaar »

Ah, yes, the good ol' days when I actually sort of knew what all was going on and knew everybody. Now I don't have a clue. I just keep to my own little corner, and when I throw out ideas, everybody says, "Yea, we've already thought of that." or "Yea, you already said that." Hehe.