How do I make a non-contact object?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Stumpytheguar

How do I make a non-contact object?

Post by Stumpytheguar »

I'm trying to build a room real quick in which to showcase example scripts for others to download and use to learn from... and I need to know how to make a static object passable. I'm not entirely sure if it's possible without 3D modeling software... but if there's a way and anybody knows, then please share!

If nobody knows how to do it... then can someone with a 3D modeling program make me a copy of a the floor peice In_DAE_room_l_floor_01.nif? It'd help me out alot.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

hmmm you might be able to search through the hex, but most of the time you have to do it in 3dsmax by naming the object (no collision)
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Yes I believe the buffer and collision need deleting. I have PMed the file to you.
Last edited by Vernon on Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
welp
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

Um.... bad news.

Not only did neither of them work, but I accidentally over-wrote the original mesh with your first one, which appears in-game as a very scratchy ugly version that phases between visible/invisible (the second looked hopeful because it didn't respond to lighting effects [which I could have dealt with] but was still dissapointingly solid).

So... is there another way you could try to do it? Because I have no idea how to do it myself... could you pull up the Non-collision floor included in Tribunal and compare it to your own to see what's wrong?
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
wishmaster

Post by wishmaster »

I don't know a thing about modeling, but what about the moss-meshes?
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Or try the pondscum found in BC region, could make that into a rug...scumrug...
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

The point isn't to use an existing mesh. If I wanted an existing mesh, I would have used it already. I need to make an existing mesh into a new non-contact mesh.

Seriously children, your ignorance makes baby Jesus cry. If you know nothing about the topic at hand, and you post anyway, it's called spam. Did you know that it's okay to look at a thread and not add on to it?
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

It's been a while, and nothing has worked. I don't like having to bump my own topics, but this is very important to me. Anyone have a solution?
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

stumpy I could easily tell you how... but seeing as you like being an ass to people you say are "ignorant"... I think I will do the same, to you

Learn to not be a douche please

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

Majra, that was a bit unnecessary.
Nathan Commons
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Post by Silvone Elestahr »

This is going to turn into flames soon. Your doing it again Majra. Don't let your emotions show on the forums.
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

in the case of mr stumpy, who has been told numerous times to either be nice or get banned, I make the exception. Stumpy Im the only one keeping you from being banned on the core, dont get on my nerves as well. If you cant be polite we can fix it.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Stumpy, ol' friend, to make an object non-collision, just make a box around the object in 3ds (like you do with the bounding box) and name it no collision.

Ok, guys, back to your off-topic flaming. :D
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Is it possible to hexedit an existing object, for those who don't have $3000?
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I expect it's possible. Someone was mapping the nif file structure, and if you had that and knew where to add the info, you could probably do it. It'd probably be quit a task, though.
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

Yeah that was the solution that Majra gave me... but I'm not too good with hexcode. In fact, the only thing I've ever used it for was writing a drophack for Diablo 2.

Is there anyone out there with 3dsmax that loves me enough to do it for me? If it's as simple as you say, then it shouldn't take too long at all. Pleeeease?
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

I offered to do it for you. (BTW for those of you that think I came down hard on Stump in this thread, dont judge everything by a single post.)

If you need me to do it, tell me which mesh.

Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

The mesh I need is In_DAE_room_l_floor_01.nif, as stated in the first post. Thanks, Majra.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

do you need it like... soon? or can this wait a bit. Sorry this week is gonna be hell, it might get a little better tomorrow afternoon

Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

I'm in no hurry at all. I've still got to write the scripts for the area and get it all working properly before I put it out. This is just a peice I need to finish the structure of the area.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005