Alternative argonian sub-species...

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

It very well could go either way. As you have seen, there are plenty of different breeds of the Khajiit, including the human-like ones from Daggerfall. The Argonians in past Elder Scrolls games could be a different breed of the Argonians, or they could be the same Argonians found in Morrowind, just an earlier design. Black Marsh is the province that we know the least about (next to nothing, really), and the Argonians are equally mysterious. Hopefuly by the time we move on to Black Marsh, there will be more information released about the Argonians and their homeland.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Right. i loved the daggerfall argonians, they looked really vicous tho but more like you everyday sterotypical lizard-men. i remember the arena argonians where just these grey-skinned humans with hair and all. the morrowind argonians areby far the best but it's funny how, with the three head+face shapes in teh race menu, they all look like different breeds. the one with the long face looks more lizardy than the other, the broad face with the open mouth and the tiny eyes looks really native and almost ancient and the cutsy-doe-eyed one looks more human-like, or more "modern" than the others.

anyway, i want to play too so i'm gonna show my concepts here too.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

The cool thing about the Black Marsh mystery, however, is that when we don't have facts to go on, we get to go by the next best thing: pure speculation.
We can pretty much make up anything we want, so long as it fits with the itty-bitty scraps of lore we possess, and it is a logical concept. Humanoid Argonians are totally plausible, as are breeds that are totally reptilian, bearing little to no humanoid features at all. So let your imagination go wild, and draw up anything that comes to mind.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i know. nothing gives you more of a kick than trying to google up anything about argonian lore and geographical information, haha.

but yeah it's one hell of a fun project to get involved with.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

here's how i imagined the tanza-ra.
[img]http://www.eekonline.com/conceptartorg%20sketchbook/croc1.jpg[/img]
and in a jungle setting. forgive the crappiness on the picture, i did it in like 5 mins.
[img]http://www.eekonline.com/conceptartorg%20sketchbook/croc2.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

this one is actually posted in another thread i made.
i just pictured this tribe of argonians living by the sea or practically in it. their bodies are streamlined shaped for ellegant, swift movement under water and their color's are more blue and aquatic. i don't know how well this goes with the lore, probably doesnt, but maybe does!
[img]http://www.eekonline.com/conceptartorg%20sketchbook/ARG1.jpg[/img]
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

Holy shit, those look great! :shock:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Wow! Those are really good!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thank you very much!

but i was thinking, wouldn't it be neat to have like a head hunting tribe of argonians. naturally there can't be much love between the beast races and the dunmers considering the slavery. you would have like a tribe that lurks in the swamps and slay intruders, not their own kind but mostly dunmers coming to collect slaves. they take their heads or scalps as throphies.

maybe this also goes against the lore tho.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

A band of slaver hunters would be cool, and make sense. I can see them taking skulls as trophies/armor adornments or putting up the corpses of slain slavers on spears as a warning. I wouldn't call them head hunters though, since their main goal would be slaver killing.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yeah you're right. head hunters was bad phrasing, but it makes sense since there's alot of racism and hostility towards the argonians and kahjiits so it's only fair. and fun!
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

Well, I did do a concept of a crucified Dunmer. Its sort of like a Planet of the Apes thing. They would set up Dunmer corpses on their borders to ward off intruders.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Arthmodeus wrote:Well, I did do a concept of a crucified Dunmer. Its sort of like a Planet of the Apes thing. They would set up Dunmer corpses on their borders to ward off intruders.
i love that idea. it would make an awesome quest of some sort too. it would be the one feared tribe or clan in black marsh.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Graff wrote:Wasn't sure if someone had already tried doing a "young" argonian sub-species (pre-hist).

[url=http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unclassed013yt.jpg][img]http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3526/unclassed013yt.th.jpg[/img][/url]

My basic idea was that the argonians have prospered predominantly due to the Hist, and that they have come to depend on the transformation for survival. They have evolved to prepare for the change, but this has come at a price, physical deformity. Bones and muscles are under- and over-developed, and they have the appearance of being without flesh.

Graff.
What about the old Arena lizardmen? The manual said they were first thought off as cousins to the Argonians, before they'd been reclassified as a monster race like the goblins, orcs, and trolls.
Thirsk

Post by Thirsk »

just been wondering: when we proceed far enugh, will the sup-species be playable?
Now, everyone must submit to the Kingdom of the Goblins. Do it now, or we will take your skin and cook it in a fungus stew. Any attempts to resist will be in vain, so don't even try. Silly human.
Silverwood
Developer

s

Post by Silverwood »

Hmm
I always thought of them as less intelligent, so more of creatures.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

racist
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Id much like the ashlander clans but based around hist trees.
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

Here is a really (and I mean really) quick drawing of a Tanza-ra argonian. This would be about two feet taller than the Morrowind ones. It's cheap, but it gives the general Idea.

[url]http://photobucket.com/albums/b398/jl11438/?action=view&current=Argonian.jpg[/url]
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
Silverwood
Developer

well

Post by Silverwood »

Iknow this is brining back a VERY old thread. but, if someone is going to texture these, should they do it soon? Are these species confined to The Black Marsh, or are there some of the species in other sections of TR. If so, there might be some on maps 1-5.
Again, sorry for bringing this back, but i was wondering about this for a while.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

They certaintly aren't a very major priority.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Silverwood
Developer

as

Post by Silverwood »

alrite. thank you for confirming that, sload