Claim: 4-22-Red Claimed by Nemon
Maps In Group Map 4 at (-17,-15):(-16,-17)
 Faction: House Redoran
 Area size: 6
 File:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_4-22-Red_Haplo_1.esp 241.7 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Border of the Velothi mountains. The western column of cells should not be reachable in-game without 100+ acrobatics or levitation or something like that.

Keep the Dwemer ruin.
Last Edited by Haplo
(Sat May 14, 2005 8:15 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Revoked, needs redoing. See the claim description for details.
Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Self grant.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RelinQ
01 Feb 2008

Hey Nemon,

Just to let you know, I have added some RM cliffs statics to be put into the TR_Data. thought you may find those usefull here what with the huge steepness.

Cheers.

Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:10 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

The plan was to magically finish this by yesterday, since most of it is search and replace. But I ran into the landscape tear bug in the southwestern cell. I've tried half of the known solutions so far, including cleaning, reloading, merging, tesfaith sharp'ing to no avail.

Crap.

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:25 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Btw, working on this now. Landscape bug conquered.
Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:41 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

I merged it with a horribly mixed map 4 file (armun+roth roryn mixed with old stuff bah...), but you don't see that in these pics. I think the fourth picture pretty much sums up what TR is about; awesomeness. Pure awesomeness.

I am nearling completion on this one, and I uploaded a wip for fun.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

The second picture didn't show up for me when I first loaded this page, so I was pretty much o_O? about your "fourth picture" remark. Razz

edit: Also, it looks great and such, and I'm really sorry to point this out, but your mountains are 90% of Red Mountain's size. Isn't 70% supposed to be our maximum?
Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:07 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

Are you kidding, Nemon? Shocked

Fantastic screenshotz, and also nice file, and I'm curious what admin and core people have to say about mountain height.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

More like 85 %, Red Mountain 19400 vs Velothi Mountain 16800. They're way to far apart to ever have it being an issue, though I didn't think I raised the landscape that high.

Still it doesn't rise much higher than the summits of Roth Roryn so I say this is good shit.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:24 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

Yeah, I remeasured it and found 19422.281 RM versus 16893.006 Velothi, which makes 87%. Still, that's really high imho.

Also, may I suggest using ex_S_icicle? Think that'd look neat at the dwemer ruin.
Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:34 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

86.997 actually Razz Nemon's claim is fine, but I will ask that other mountains in other claims remain below the 85% threshold, which means below 16509 z-value.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:42 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

I was gonna criticize you for not rounding that percentage, but then looked at my own numbers and kinda facepalmed because I didn't round them either. Razz

Sounds great.
Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:00 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Why wrote:
Also, may I suggest using ex_S_icicle? Think that'd look neat hanging in mid air liek um birds and stuff...

I will use them, but not like that. Hanging from ledges at the dwemer ruin makes more sense.

Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:03 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

I am being poked fun at Surprised

I kinda deserve it, I realize.
Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:09 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Snow + Dwemer ruin = awesome
Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:03 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

Nemon, are you going to add yet another additional column of sub100 cells to your file as well?

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:01 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Maybe. My cells should be unclimable when finished. Of course, rising force screws that plan but we can't cater to all possible ways of climbing over into nothingness.
Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:57 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

No new cells added to this claim, I'll leave that project for the Heartland and VĂ©loth releases. These mountains stretch through both regions.

I've playtested this now, it should be unscaleable - just like 99% of all games released these days.
Off to review, file uploaded (should be clean).

PS, new region added with more snow. Velothi Mountains Region SNOW could easily work in one of our .esms...

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:23 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Approved. Another bit of Map 4 finished... awesome!
Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:53 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Why wrote:
I love the smileyface Smile

I don't even remember that... But it has become somewhat of a temptation I cannot resist.

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:19 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group