5-2-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Any news on this one?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I'm really sorry, but I have to drop this. Exceptionally busy with work at the moment, and without the concept for this region anywhere near finished I don't think it's worth me spending what little modding time I have on this claim.

Hopefully someone else can do a better job than I did. I updated the claim file so the claimant can salvage whatever they want from it.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked per user request.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Claiming this. I will mainly follow Cath's plan but will make a few more upper fort buildings and generaly improve the forteress ideea (by adding a small fort square)& add a few buildings. Now the top part of the fort will look even more impenetrable (at least if you don't levitate). The rest of this shall go down according to description.

Since this is on map 5 i hope to have a lot of time to make it beautifull and to wait/contribut to the ash swamp ideea (i like that). I will post regular updates and do it dilligently though.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm a bit hesitant to grant such a comprehensive claim for a beginning exterior modder; could you take a screenshot of what you plan to do with the fort?

I'm not sure the town needs any more buildings; one, maybe two, more.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Aeven and I discussed this last night Haplo, and from our understandings, along side of what Cath has said above;

This claim doesn't exactly have a concept yet to work off, so any work on it now may be subject to future change, making current work rather pointless. :/

I have suggested to Alex that when the concept is more established, that maybe he could have a try at this claim if you're comfortable with that idea.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm not sure what you're saying; the concept of this claim is that it's Reich Parkeep, and its in a canyon now.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Oh, I know that Haplo,

I meant more of the region concept sorry.
From what Cath told me I think that was more the main reason he gave up this claim to start with.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

From what I understand, this claim only has a minuscule portion of the ash swamp region, with most of it being Velothi mountains. (these should probably be ash right since there is an ash/RM region between it and red mountain?)

This said, having the region figured out does not remove doubts as to the ability of a fresh new modder to make an exterior of this caliber.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Ok firstly i do know about the ash swamp. Realy i do have a habbit of checking the claims i claim.
Secondly there won't be a lot of changes to this town but it needs a temple. I have added a picture the red thing means that area is going to be shifted blue means that a building will be added ( i will experiment a bit) and the yellow means that that area is going to be raised (because it looks too unprotected for a fort thing). There will also be something added on the other side of the bridge (that bridge should have more of a purpose. I have also added a balcony thing overlooking the city. I will folow the claim acordingly and do it dilligently. I will take my time and rely do my best to make this great.
Attachments
011.JPG
(125.8 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Fill your entire screen with your render window please, and be sure to maintain the proper width and height ratio if you feel the need to resize images. As it stands I have almost no idea what is in that image.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

OK new pic. The blue area is the bazar entrance the yellow thing will be a small redoran cliff fortification (so there is a reason for a high large and difficult to built bridge) the green area will be moved and raised (in the arrow direction because it looks unprotected) The red dots mark buildings i added. (2 guard towers and a large balcony thing)
Attachments
aaaaa.JPG
(116.37 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

If possible, try and have all the city in one cell. If you can't, extend it nicely across two. It seems you are planning on doing that already though :)
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

2 cells is the general ideea. I don't think i can get this into one cell. Also a big part of the city will be into the rock (there will probably be 2 grand interior claims for the fort and merchant section).
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

A cell and a half should be fine. Granting, but be sure to post regular updates (with screenshots). Enjoy your claim! And feel free to collaborate with Cathartis should you need any help/advice.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Thanks and will do. I will focus on the town at first so most updates shall be done there.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

A incredibly fast WIP. This covers the main city outline. One question is it ok to use the ashland road texture? (used in Ald-ruhn). Feedback and suggestions are wellcome
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Ok i have a few questions about this: firstly what's the main econmoy of this town? Secondly (this is for Cath) what is the trap door in the picture below suposed to be? I kinda like the ideea but i think this must have some purpose.

Btw new WIP the town layout is finished. Now for the detailes...
Attachments
Q1.JPG
(95.78 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

The trap door was going to be an entrance into the fort from the town.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The economy is trade, and anything the fort needs; gear and equipment, food, potions.

alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Ok one last question. Is this going to have a slitstrider port?

EDIT: we could use the name Maar Mok (that village name for this for now). Its a lot better and more dunmer than Reich Parkeep.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I'm sorry but I disagree entirely, Maar Mok is a terrible name and sounds blocky as all hell. We can do better than that.

Anyway about the claim,

Looks fairly interesting, fair bit of work to do with terrain tweaks but should be good.

3 things I noticed alot,
- that ladder under the trapdoor (in your screenshot) is floating at the bottom.
- the building "TR_ex_Red_hut_01" looks a little off. It may just be the mesh, but it could be how close it is to the path, eitherway, make sure It gets a nice heavy shading around it.
- the most south-western ex_redoran_hut_01 has a big gap under it.

You probably know these errors already but eitherway keep it up. :)
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Well i'm not exactly found of Maar Mok either but it realy beats Reich Parkeep. Any name suggestions please?

For the rest yes i know of those errors and will fix them. I just wanted to show the general layout of this town.

Oh and i repeat my question. Is a slitstrider supposed to reside here? Thanks
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The name is being decided elsewhere, don't worry about that.

If adding a Silt Strider looks good, then maybe. But there's not much use for one here; trade caravans are the normal method of travel. But I guess add one since it would look awesome to have it built into a cliff.

alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Great i love those striders!

It looks cool on the cliffside but i have a small ideea simply for the purpose of making it more accesibile for the player and make the town come alive. Please view and respond.

Does it look cool and is this a good ideea or not?
Attachments
stridder1.JPG
(133.15 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

The building looks cool, but it doesn't really make much sense imho. The facade of the entrance was pretty awesome already, and having the siltstrider directly in front of it looks pretty weird.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I agree. I meant more like having the actual port be attached directly to the cliff face, however high up it needed to be. That way the player had to travel into an interior in the cliff face to get to the city.

alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Ok done this. Also used the velohi strider port for this to create more variation and it looks good in my opinion. I would like this to connect with the bazar if possible.

Anyway comments are welcome.

EDIT new strider picture for TF

DOUBLE EDIT: and another one with the strider living outside the town
Attachments
stridder 3.JPG
(136.3 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
stridder 4.JPG
(105.92 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I'd say go for the second one.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

he made the second one after I told him I didn't like the first one (actually, I told him I didn't like one from before then that has since been removed.)

I'm not happy with the distance from the bazaar entrance, but you already know this and are working to fix it.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Done
Attachments
bbb.JPG
(134.91 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I'd hardly call that a 1/3rd reduction, but it is an improvement.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

I don't think I really get the discussion here. Are people meant to jump over that little railing to get onto the strider?
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

What does that little rail got to do with the distance? And besides beeing a realy small rail this is a working concept if it looks bad i'll replace it.
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

Just a random idea, but why not add a little stair for people to "step on the rail"?
"A sick thought can devour the body’s flesh more than fever or consumption"
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Ok the stair ideea was actualy realy good. So new WIP on how the striderport should look....

I truly hope this is fitting for a striderport. Btw here is a pic.
Attachments
striderfinal.JPG
(124.67 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I thought this city was supposed to fit within two cells. At the moment there are doors and a siltstrider in a friggin grand total of seven(!!) cells, so seven cells would have to be renamed to whatever this city is gonna be called. Could you move it all a bit closer together so that it fits within two cells again?

Visual representation below. It's just easier to explain that way.

edit: to not come across completely negative, I do like how the city looks a lot. Really impressive fortress-style. Good job.
Attachments
7 cells.jpg
(144.92 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Having some buildings partially in a different cell is no disaster, but this is a bit much, especially considering the strider is in a different cell.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Why is right and wrong at the same time. He's right about the fact it needs to be condensed, but wrong about which cells. It should exist in the center cell and the cell to the left, NOT the cell to the right. The canyon is an integral part of the design. I dunno what the hell that thing is in the middle-right cell is but for all I care it can be deleted.

As for the strider port: Instead of having it cross the canyon, why not have it go over the wall at the southern entrance and immediately down to the ground? See the cell Haven, Hlaalu district in the .esp I posted in my Showcase thread for an idea if you aren't sure what I mean. It is apparently proving too problematic to have it go into the canyon.

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

That was me experimenting and trying to create a proper entrance for the fort. Feel free to get rid of it if it aids the design.

Tea is important.